|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mma Ramotswe willing to waive her fee in this case?
(a) So Dr. Maketsi will owe her one.
(b) In recognition of his service to her father.
(c) The case is so simple it should take long.
(d) Out of respect for their friendship.
2. What capital city does Mma Ramotswe travel to?
3. How is Mma Ramotswe's presence detected by Komoti?
(a) She is recognized by a neighbor.
(b) She tries to look in the window.
(c) She gets too close to him in public.
(d) She acidentally runs into him.
4. What does Mma Ramotswe discover?
(a) The employee has made at least one similar claim.
(b) She has no desire to remarry.
(c) Her van has been stolen.
(d) She is a competent detective.
5. How old does he estimate the child likely is?
(a) Seven or eight.
(b) Eight or nine.
(c) Five or six.
(d) Nine or ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gotso tell Mma Ramotswe she will get if she mentions his name?
2. What does Mma Ramotswe warn both men about?
3. Why does the employee commit the fraudulent claim?
4. What does Mma Ramotswe do for him in return?
5. What does Mma Ramotswe suggest Maketsi do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What issues do Mma Ramotswe and Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni share and have in common in their lives?
2. How does Mma Ramotswe get the information needed by Alice Busang?
3. What does Mma Ramotswe discover about Dr. Komoti after being caught in his yard?
4. What information does Dr. Gulubane give Mma Ramotswe about the contents of the medicine bag?
5. Where does Mma Ramotswe see Dr. Komoti next and what does this tell her?
6. What discover does Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni make that not only worries him but concerns him for Mma Ramotswe's safety as well?
7. What does Mma Ramotswe explain to Mma Notshi after learning that her husband is not there?
8. How does Mma Ramotswe handle Charlie Gotso when she meets him, and what information does she refuse to divulge and why?
9. How does Mma Ramotswe finally resolve the case for her friend Hector?
10. What does Mma Notshi reveal to Mma Ramotswe after Mma Ramotswe's threats about arrest?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)