|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she want Precious to do?
(a) Find her stolen jewelry.
(b) Find her missing son.
(c) Find her missing husband.
(d) Find her missing sister.
2. What position is she hired for?
3. What memory does she recall from her prior visit?
(a) Waking up to stand outside under the stars.
(b) Her mother's voice.
(c) Her father's cousin and her advice about adulthood.
(d) Her first night with her new husband.
4. What is the final thing she does in this case?
(a) Offer free services.
(b) Dictate a report and prepare a bill.
(c) Apologize to her client.
(d) Return the payment she is given.
5. What does she reveal to him?
(a) That she is unsure of herself as a detective.
(b) That in her first month of business, she lost money.
(c) That she misses her husband.
(d) That she wishes she had family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Mma Ramotswe that night?
2. What did Mma Ramotswe's father do?
3. What is physically different about Mr. Patel?
4. Who had she gone there with before?
5. What does the judge announce when presenting her prize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Note do that convinces Precious she should marry him?
2. Why does Mma Ramotswe decide to open a detective agency?
3. How does Mma Ramotswe proceed with this case?
4. What was the memory of the Kalahari that came to Mma Ramotswe as she drove through the region?
5. How does Mma Ramotswe track down the truth about Peter Malatsi and what does she discover?
6. Why does Mma Malatsi come to Mma Ramotswe?
7. What issue, common in the mines of South Africa, does Obed witness that causes him to quit his job?
8. What is the outcome of Mma Ramotswe's attempts to follow Nandira?
9. What thoughts go through Mma Ramotswe's mind as she drives her white van through the Kalahari?
10. What does Obed do that results in Precious being able to open a detective agency?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)