|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are her fellow employees resentful of her?
(a) She is too eager to stay late.
(b) She is too diligent and effective in her job.
(c) She is too honest.
(d) She is related to the boss.
2. What is Mr. Patel's first reaction to Mma Ramotswe's report and suggestions?
(a) He asks her to chaperone his daughter.
(b) He rejects them outright.
(c) He fires her.
(d) He agrees with her.
3. What does he recommend?
(a) That she change her vocation.
(b) That she settle down.
(c) That she find her husband.
(d) That she needs a wealthy client.
4. What does Obed witness?
(a) Abuse of government.
(b) A murder.
(c) A theft.
(d) An adulterous relationship.
5. Through which dangerous area does she drive?
(a) The rail yards.
(b) The jungle.
(c) The cardboard city.
(d) The Kalahari desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mma Ramotswe remember having been there before?
2. Where does Mma Ramotswe drive her tiny white van to?
3. How long has the boy been missing?
4. What is physically different about Mr. Patel?
5. What is the distinction held by this firm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mma Ramotswe help Happy Bapetsi?
2. Why does the young boy get into the truck with two strangers?
3. How do the men in the truck distract the boy long enough to get him away?
4. What steps does Precious take to open her detective agency?
5. Why does Mma Ramotswe decide to open a detective agency?
6. What does Note do that convinces Precious she should marry him?
7. What thoughts go through Mma Ramotswe's mind as she drives her white van through the Kalahari?
8. What issue, common in the mines of South Africa, does Obed witness that causes him to quit his job?
9. How does Mma Ramotswe meet her husband?
10. What concerns does Paliwalar have that prompt him to contact Mma Ramotswe?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)