|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mma Ramotswe consider at home when she thinks about the missing boy?
(a) Where the boy could be.
(b) Whether or not she can fnd the boy.
(c) Whether or not she should be a detective.
(d) Whether the father might be involved.
2. Who is Mma Ramotswe's first successful case?
(a) Happy Bapetski.
(b) Hariet Baronski.
(c) Henny Booteski.
(d) Hailey Baretski.
3. What is the distinction held by this firm?
(a) It is illegal but tolerated.
(b) It is the only female-run one of its kind in the country.
(c) It is run by blacks only.
(d) It is the first of its kind.
4. What happens the first time Mma Ramotswe tries?
(a) Nandira Patel eludes her.
(b) Nandira Patel refuses to return home on time.
(c) Nandira Patel confesses no interest in school.
(d) Nandira Patel refuses to eat.
5. What does the teacher at Sunday school teach them that boys and men are ridiculously proud of?
(a) Their family.
(b) Their mates.
(c) Their level of income.
(d) Their 'things'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work does Precious secure as her first job?
2. What does she realize as a result?
3. What does the cattle owner do?
4. What does he do for a living?
5. What memory does she recall from her prior visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What issue does Precious face when she enters an art contest?
2. What is the cause of Obed Ramotswe's death?
3. What kind of family are the Patels?
4. What was the memory of the Kalahari that came to Mma Ramotswe as she drove through the region?
5. What issue, common in the mines of South Africa, does Obed witness that causes him to quit his job?
6. What happens to Precious when she tells Note she is pregnant?
7. Who helped Precious on her road to education, and later provides a place for her to stay when she leaves home after her schooling is complete?
8. How does Mma Ramotswe track down the truth about Peter Malatsi and what does she discover?
9. What is the outcome of Mma Ramotswe's attempts to follow Nandira?
10. How did the young boy disappear?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)