|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Charlie Gotso want from Mma Ramotswe?
(a) The time that the bag was returned.
(b) The location where the bag was found.
(c) Whether or not she looked inside.
(d) The names of those who returned the bag.
2. What other information is Mma Ramotswe given?
(a) The child is probably in a mine.
(b) The child is likely still alive.
(c) The child is likely in the desert.
(d) The child is buried in a shallow grave.
3. What kind of comments does Charlie Gotso make to Mma Ramotswe?
(a) Sexist comments.
(b) Suggestive comments.
(c) Self deprecating comments.
(d) Complimentary comments.
4. What does Mma Ramotswe discover?
(a) Her van has been stolen.
(b) The employee has made at least one similar claim.
(c) She is a competent detective.
(d) She has no desire to remarry.
5. What stops Mma Ramotswe from following Komoti all the way to Mafeking?
(a) She forgets her passport.
(b) She runs out of gas.
(c) She loses him in traffic.
(d) She is summoned to another case.
6. Why is Mma Ramotswe willing to waive her fee in this case?
(a) So Dr. Maketsi will owe her one.
(b) In recognition of his service to her father.
(c) The case is so simple it should take long.
(d) Out of respect for their friendship.
7. How does Mma Ramotswe handle this case?
(a) She retraces Alice's steps, looking for the broach.
(b) She opens a missing persons case file.
(c) She makes herself more attractive and meets him at a bar.
(d) She tells Alice she has no openings right now.
8. What does Mma Ramotswe admit to herself finally?
(a) That she has been lonely too.
(b) That she has feelings for Matekoni.
(c) That she does not want to be a detective.
(d) That she was hoping he would ask again.
9. What is the name of the missing boy's father?
(a) Mr. Pakotati.
(b) Dr. Komoti.
(c) Mr. Gotso.
(d) Mr. Patel.
10. After verifying that the boy is the one who is missing, what does Mma Ramotswe do?
(a) She calls his father.
(b) She calls the police.
(c) She takes him to the hospital.
(d) She takes him back to his father.
11. Where do they stop overnight?
(a) A dry riverbed.
(b) At her office.
(c) The Motel 6.
(d) At an oasis.
12. Who does Mma Ramotswe consult about this case?
(a) The F.B.I.
(b) The consulate.
(c) The police.
(d) Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni.
13. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Maketsi about the Komotis?
(a) That they are identical twins.
(b) That they exchange places frequently.
(c) They are working two jobs to double their income.
(d) That they are fraternal twins.
14. Where does Mma Ramotswe take the boy?
(a) To the police station.
(b) To the school where his father works.
(c) To the mill where his father works.
(d) To the mine where his father works.
15. Why is Maketsi so worried?
(a) He doesn't want a scandal.
(b) He fears prosecution if they are discovered.
(c) He can't afford to lose Komoti.
(d) He fears one of the Komoti's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic does Mma Ramotswe extol regarding her maid?
2. What does Mma Ramotswe do for him in return?
3. What issue does Dr Maketsi discuss with Mma Ramotswe?
4. Who does Mma Ramotswe claim to be when she is caught?
5. Where does Mma Ramotswe take the objects found in Charlie Gotso's van?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)