|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Maketsi about the Komotis?
(a) They are working two jobs to double their income.
(b) That they are identical twins.
(c) That they exchange places frequently.
(d) That they are fraternal twins.
2. What does Mma Ramotswe agree to do for her?
(a) Confirm her husband's fidelity.
(b) Retrieve her car.
(c) Confirm her husband's state of employment.
(d) Discern whether or not her employer owes her wages.
3. Who does Mma Ramotswe call when her van quits?
(a) Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni.
(b) Dr. Maketsi.
(c) Her secretary.
(d) Mr. Patel.
4. What does he ask Mma Ramotswe again?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To live with him.
(c) To sleep with him.
(d) To sell her van to him.
5. Where do they stop overnight?
(a) At her office.
(b) A dry riverbed.
(c) The Motel 6.
(d) At an oasis.
6. What does Mma Ramotswe admit to herself finally?
(a) That she has feelings for Matekoni.
(b) That she was hoping he would ask again.
(c) That she does not want to be a detective.
(d) That she has been lonely too.
7. What does Mma Ramotswe's discovery rule out for Dr. Maketis?
(a) The likelihood of psychosis.
(b) The probability of theft.
(c) The use of drugs.
(d) The chances that he is imagining the different characters.
8. What stops Mma Ramotswe from following Komoti all the way to Mafeking?
(a) She runs out of gas.
(b) She is summoned to another case.
(c) She forgets her passport.
(d) She loses him in traffic.
9. What does the man representing Charlie Gotso notice the next day?
(a) That the van appears to be intact.
(b) That Matekoni is nervous.
(c) That the bill for services is quite high.
(d) That the bag is missing from the glove box.
10. What information does Charlie Gotso want from Mma Ramotswe?
(a) Whether or not she looked inside.
(b) The location where the bag was found.
(c) The names of those who returned the bag.
(d) The time that the bag was returned.
11. Who does Mma Ramotswe have to put in his place on the way to Mafeking?
(a) A sexist security guard.
(b) An aggressive panhandler.
(c) An over zealous police officer.
(d) A rude clerk.
12. What does the clinic's nurse tell Mma Ramotswe?
(a) That she is quitting.
(b) That the twins are like Jekyl and Hyde.
(c) That neither has a licence to practice.
(d) That the twins exchange places often.
13. What does Mma Ramotswe's new client believe?
(a) That her employer is cheating her out of wages.
(b) That her husband has stolen her car.
(c) That her husband is cheating on her.
(d) That her husband has lost his job.
14. What does Mma Ramotswe realize about this case?
(a) It will turn out to be more trouble than it is worth.
(b) She shouldn't have taken it.
(c) She was wrong.
(d) She will have to waive her fee.
15. Where does Mma Ramotswe take the boy?
(a) To the mill where his father works.
(b) To the police station.
(c) To the mine where his father works.
(d) To the school where his father works.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alice Busang come to Mma Ramotswe?
2. What does Maketsi think that Dr.Komoti is doing?
3. Why does the employee commit the fraudulent claim?
4. What answer does Matekoni give as previously arranged with Mma Ramotswe?
5. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mma Notshi?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)