|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the objects identified as?
(a) An adult's finger.
(b) A child's finger.
(c) A monkey's toe.
(d) A child's toe.
2. Where do they stop overnight?
(a) A dry riverbed.
(b) At an oasis.
(c) The Motel 6.
(d) At her office.
3. Who does Mma Ramotswe have to put in his place on the way to Mafeking?
(a) A sexist security guard.
(b) An aggressive panhandler.
(c) A rude clerk.
(d) An over zealous police officer.
4. What skill does Mma Ramotswe demonstrate in Mafeking?
(a) Intuition and detection.
(b) Driving skills.
(c) Ability to disguise herself and quick thinking.
(d) Climbing and hiking skills.
5. How does Mma Ramotswe handle this case?
(a) She tells Alice she has no openings right now.
(b) She makes herself more attractive and meets him at a bar.
(c) She retraces Alice's steps, looking for the broach.
(d) She opens a missing persons case file.
6. Why does the employee commit the fraudulent claim?
(a) To teach his employer a lesson.
(b) To feed his family.
(c) To punish his employer.
(d) Because it is easier than working.
7. How does Matekoni feel after the man leaves?
(a) He is scared and nervous.
(b) He is pleased with the outcome.
(c) He is worried and indecisive.
(d) He is unhappy about having had to lie.
8. Why does Mma Ramotswe refuse to marry him?
(a) She tells him she is barren.
(b) She tells him she cannot and will not ever marry again.
(c) She tells him she is already spoken for.
(d) She tells him she is fearful of marriage.
9. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mma Notshi?
(a) That she and her husband are to be arrested.
(b) That she has a child who is ill.
(c) That she is with the F.B.I.
(d) That she has a child to donate to her husband.
10. Why is Mma Ramotswe willing to waive her fee in this case?
(a) In recognition of his service to her father.
(b) So Dr. Maketsi will owe her one.
(c) Out of respect for their friendship.
(d) The case is so simple it should take long.
11. What does Mma Ramotswe discover about Komoti when she manages to follow him to Mafeking?
(a) He is visiting his estranged son.
(b) He is visiting his mother.
(c) He has a second family.
(d) He has a twin brother.
12. What does Mma Ramotswe do for him in return?
(a) She gives him her van.
(b) She bakes him a cake.
(c) She gives her most of her money.
(d) She makes him dinner.
13. What is the name of the missing boy's father?
(a) Mr. Patel.
(b) Mr. Gotso.
(c) Dr. Komoti.
(d) Mr. Pakotati.
14. Who is Mma Ramotswe's new client after Mr. Patel?
(a) Mma Pekwane.
(b) Mma Nekpane.
(c) Mma Wekpane.
(d) Mma. Pakwene.
15. What characteristic does Mma Ramotswe extol regarding her maid?
(a) She was a proud woman.
(b) She always sang.
(c) She dressed with dignity.
(d) She was always on time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does he believe it is relatively recently removed?
2. What kind of professional is Mma Ramotswe seeking answers from?
3. What kind of comments does Charlie Gotso make to Mma Ramotswe?
4. What does Mma Ramotswe's new client believe?
5. What does Mma Ramotswe admit to herself finally?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)