|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mma Ramotswe disguise herself to solve this case?
(a) As a nanny.
(b) As a waitress.
(c) As a nurse.
(d) As a writer.
2. Why is Precious determined to marry him?
(a) She discovers she is pregnant.
(b) She wants to leave Obed's cousin's house.
(c) She is sure he is the man of her dreams.
(d) She is unable to support herself.
3. What memory does she recall from her prior visit?
(a) Her father's cousin and her advice about adulthood.
(b) Waking up to stand outside under the stars.
(c) Her first night with her new husband.
(d) Her mother's voice.
4. At what age does Precious leave home?
5. How many people are in the vehicle that takes the boy?
6. How does Precious do in the competition?
(a) She ties for first place.
(b) She is disqualified.
(c) She wins.
(d) She loses.
7. Why won't the police help find the boy?
(a) They believe he is already dead.
(b) They don't believe he is missing.
(c) They know who took him.
(d) They are fearful of witchcraft.
8. What prevents Mma Ramotswe's father from offering his opinion regarding the decision she makes to open a detective agency?
(a) He files for divorce.
(b) He goes bankrupt.
(c) He leaves the country.
(d) His death.
9. Who does she hire?
(a) Mma Gail Madici.
(b) Mma. Grace Makutsi.
(c) Mma Mary Gakutsi.
(d) Mma Grace Medusti.
10. Why is the cattle owner in the story angry?
(a) Some of his cattle die.
(b) Some of his cattle disappear.
(c) His wife runs off.
(d) Some of his cattle are stolen.
11. What does Nandira ask Mma Ramotswe's help for?
(a) To give her a lift to her boyfriend's house.
(b) To get her father to be less controlling.
(c) To keep her secret about her job.
(d) To meet with her girlfriend.
12. When does Mma Ramotswe remember having been there before?
(a) On her honeymoon.
(b) When she first left home.
(c) After her marriage.
(d) As a child.
13. What does Mma Ramotswe study?
(a) A manual on construction.
(b) A police manual.
(c) A manual on detection.
(d) A manual on deception.
14. How is Mma Ramotswe's work ethic described?
(a) She is cold and heartless.
(b) She is ruthless and unstoppable.
(c) She only charges her clients if she is successful.
(d) She gets all that she can out of her clients.
15. What did Obed invest all of his money in?
(a) A new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious learn was responsible for the disappearance?
2. What business does he own and operate?
3. Why are her fellow employees resentful of her?
4. What does Mma Ramotswe agree to do for Mr. Patel?
5. Through which dangerous area does she drive?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)