|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mma Ramotswe's work ethic described?
(a) She is ruthless and unstoppable.
(b) She only charges her clients if she is successful.
(c) She is cold and heartless.
(d) She gets all that she can out of her clients.
2. Where does Mma Ramotswe drive her tiny white van to?
3. What is Obed's daughter's name?
4. What does Nandira ask Mma Ramotswe's help for?
(a) To get her father to be less controlling.
(b) To meet with her girlfriend.
(c) To keep her secret about her job.
(d) To give her a lift to her boyfriend's house.
5. What does Mma Ramotswe consider at home when she thinks about the missing boy?
(a) Whether the father might be involved.
(b) Whether or not she should be a detective.
(c) Where the boy could be.
(d) Whether or not she can fnd the boy.
6. How did Mr. Paliwalar Patel make his fortune?
(a) In textiles.
(b) In mining.
(c) In gold.
(d) In business and trade.
7. Through which dangerous area does she drive?
(a) The jungle.
(b) The cardboard city.
(c) The rail yards.
(d) The Kalahari desert.
8. What does Precious tell the man who is living with Happy?
(a) That she is Happy's sister.
(b) That Happy is dead.
(c) That there is a medical emergency.
(d) That she knows who he is.
9. Who does Precious meet and fall in love with?
(a) Ned Makoti.
(b) Noel Makdoki.
(c) Node Madoki.
(d) Note Mokoti.
10. What memory does she recall from her prior visit?
(a) Her father's cousin and her advice about adulthood.
(b) Waking up to stand outside under the stars.
(c) Her mother's voice.
(d) Her first night with her new husband.
11. What do they discuss as the reason for the kidnapping of the young boy?
12. What is Happy supposedly in need of?
(a) A kidney.
(b) A heart.
(c) A life threatening degree of transfusion.
(d) A liver.
13. What kind of animal is the central character of the tale the boy is told?
(a) A calf.
(b) A snake.
(c) A pony.
(d) A frog.
14. What always strikes Precious as suspicious?
(a) Stories about Jesus' miracles.
(b) Stories she hears about the neighbor.
(c) Stories Obed tells her about her mother.
(d) Stories she hears about the mines.
15. What does the young boy pursue in the bush?
(a) A calf.
(b) A frog.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does she hire?
2. Who does he specifically suggest?
3. What is unusual about this boy?
4. What confession does Nandira make to Mma Ramotswe?
5. Where does Precious learn about men?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)