|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the friend that Mma Ramotswe visits?
(a) Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni.
(b) Mr. J.B.L. Lamokoni.
(c) Mr. L.J.B. Maketoni.
(d) Mr. B.L.J. Matesoni.
2. Why won't the police help find the boy?
(a) They are fearful of witchcraft.
(b) They believe he is already dead.
(c) They know who took him.
(d) They don't believe he is missing.
3. What possession does Precious return to support her conclusion?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A hat.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A watch.
4. What does Obed witness?
(a) Abuse of government.
(b) A murder.
(c) A theft.
(d) An adulterous relationship.
5. What does Mma Ramotswe consider at home when she thinks about the missing boy?
(a) Whether the father might be involved.
(b) Where the boy could be.
(c) Whether or not she can fnd the boy.
(d) Whether or not she should be a detective.
6. What does Precious learn was responsible for the disappearance?
(a) An alligator.
(b) A crocodile.
(c) A poisonous spider.
(d) A boa constrictor.
7. Why is Mr. Patel concerned about his youngest daughter?
(a) She isn't eating well.
(b) She has been coming home after curfew.
(c) Her grades in school are slipping.
(d) She is spending too much time with boys.
8. What does the boy finally realize?
(a) He is safe.
(b) He is not near home.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He is being kidnapped.
9. What kind of competition is Precious selected to enter?
(a) A spelling bee.
(b) An art competition.
(c) A juggling competition.
(d) A horseback riding competition.
10. Where does Mma Ramotswe end up sitting with Nandira?
(a) In a cafe.
(b) In a clothing boutique.
(c) In the movie theatre.
(d) In a classroom.
11. When does Mma Ramotswe remember having been there before?
(a) After her marriage.
(b) As a child.
(c) When she first left home.
(d) On her honeymoon.
12. What does the teacher at Sunday school teach them that boys and men are ridiculously proud of?
(a) Their family.
(b) Their mates.
(c) Their 'things'.
(d) Their level of income.
13. What does the young boy pursue in the bush?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A snake.
(c) A frog.
(d) A calf.
14. What does the judge announce when presenting her prize?
(a) That her entry was mislabelled.
(b) That her entry was invalid.
(c) That her entry was disqualified.
(d) That she cheated on her entry.
15. How long has the boy been missing?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Four days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the older man do to try to distract the boy?
2. Who is Mma Ramotswe's first client?
3. What is Mr. Patel's first reaction to Mma Ramotswe's report and suggestions?
4. What is physically different about Mr. Patel?
5. What position is she hired for?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)