Chapters 1 and 2
1. What kind of business is operated by Mma Ramotswe in Botswana?
(a) A loan company.
(b) A brothel.
(c) A automotive dealer.
(d) A detective agency.
2. What is the distinction held by this firm?
(a) It is illegal but tolerated.
(b) It is the first of its kind.
(c) It is the only female-run one of its kind in the country.
(d) It is run by blacks only.
3. What did Mma Ramotswe's father do?
(a) He was a physician.
(b) He was a bootlegger.
(c) He was a miner.
(d) He was a lawyer.
4. Who is Mma Ramotswe's first successful case?
(a) Henny Booteski.
(b) Happy Bapetski.
(c) Hariet Baronski.
(d) Hailey Baretski.
5. How does Mma Ramotswe disguise herself to solve this case?
(a) As a writer.
(b) As a nurse.
(c) As a nanny.
(d) As a waitress.
6. Who invades Happy's life, requiring her to seek Mma Ramotswe's aid?
(a) A man claiming to be her son.
(b) A man claiming to be her brother.
(c) A man claiming to be her father.
(d) A man claiming to her uncle.
This section contains 4,672 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)