|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plain Hunting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Stephen Driver?
(a) A stranger who recently asked Mr. Wilderspin for a job.
(b) A church deacon.
(c) Lady Thorpe's physician.
(d) The village veterinarian.
2. Why does Superintendent Blundell suspect James Thoday might know something about the murder of the man found in Lady Thorpe's grave?
(a) James has killed someone before.
(b) James hellps bury people in the parish.
(c) James is familiar with the church graveyard.
(d) James is late returning to his ship after shore leave.
3. Who does Lord Peter think the man he sees on New Year's Day in Fenchurch St. Paul might be?
(a) Jeff Deacon.
(b) Wally Pratt.
(c) Nobby Cranton.
(d) Stephen Redmond.
4. What is the relationship of Jeff Deacon, the accused thief of the emeralds, to the Thorpe family?
(a) He's their former butler.
(b) He's their former chauffeur.
(c) He's their former blacksmith.
(d) He's their former gardener.
5. What is Suzanne Legros' reaction when M. Rozier and Lord Peter show her the photograph of Nobby Cranton?
(a) She says it's her husband, identifying Jean as Cranton.
(b) She doesn't recognize it, confirming that Cranton is not Jean.
(c) She screams.
(d) She faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. While talking with Lord Peter after the stranger's funeral, who does Hilary Thorpe suggest might know when her mother's grave was disturbed?
2. Who does the letter to the dead man eliminate as the corpse?
3. Who does Potty Peake claim to have seen talking in the church with Legros before the man's murder?
4. How many bell ringers does Fenchurch St. Paul have?
5. Why does Mrs. Venables think the dead man is married?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)