The Bells are Rung Up
1. Who is the first character introduced in the novel?
(a) Reverend Venables.
(c) Will Thoday.
(d) Lord Peter Wimsey.
2. What is Bunter's relationship to Lord Peter Wimsey?
(a) He's Lord Peter's neighbor.
(b) He's Lord Peter's friend.
(c) He's Lord Peter's butler.
(d) He's Lord Peter's cousin.
3. What happens to Lord Peter's car in the first chapter of the novel?
(a) It is entered in a race and Lord Peter wins.
(b) It is stolen.
(c) Lord Peter wrecks it and gets it stuck in a ditch.
(d) Lord Peter has it painted a new color, red.
4. On what day of the year does the book open?
(a) The Fourth of July.
(b) New Year's Eve.
5. What is the weather like in the opening chapter of the book?
(a) It's foggy.
(b) It's snowing.
(c) It's raining.
(d) It's hot.
6. Why can't Lord Peter and Bunter spend the night at the Red Cow, the local inn in Fenchurch St. Paul?
(a) The Red Cow has burned down.
(b) They have no money to pay for lodging.
(c) The Red Cow doesn't have room for them.
(d) The Red Cow has closed for remodeling.
This section contains 5,458 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)