|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long have the Germans occupied France in Chapter 32?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 13 months.
2. Gaeton tells Isabelle in Chapter 29 that he knows every time they kiss, it is what?
3. Who do Vianne and Sophie take half of their rations to in Chapter 22?
(a) Didier and Gaetan.
(b) Julien and Paul.
(c) Rachel and Sarah.
(d) Von Richter.
4. Where does the elderly woman say she is going for the weekend when she leaves her son a message in Chapter 26?
(a) To New York.
(b) To Berlin.
(c) To London.
(d) To Paris.
5. What does the new German tell Vianne she will do that night in Chapter 27?
(a) Turn herself into the police.
(b) Cook dinner for his guests.
(c) Move to the orphanage.
(d) Give her son over to the Nazis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose name do Isabelle's captors demand of her under questioning?
2. Whom does the black ribbon on the apple tree signify?
3. Whom does Vianne go to in order to ask about Isabelle and tell about the orphans in Chapter 37?
4. Where does the new German stay in Vianne's home in Chapter 27?
5. What do the Germans do to Julien in Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vianne concede to having sex with Von Richter?
2. How does Isabelle describe her time at the concentration camp in Chapter 38?
3. What does Vianne say about hate in Chapter 38?
4. How is the theme of love further developed in Chapter 32?
5. What does Isabelle think about during her torture in Chapter 34?
6. What is revealed through Vianne's actions in Chapter 29?
7. Where does Vianne go in order to search for Isabelle in Chapter 37?
8. How is Gaetan's return described in Chapter 38?
9. How has the setting of Carriveau changed in Chapter 33?
10. How is the theme of war developed further in Chapter 33?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)