|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom is the letter that Vianne reads to Isabelle in Chapter 38?
(a) Micheline Babineau.
(b) Edith Cavell.
(c) Their father.
2. In what season does Chapter 24 begin?
3. Where are Isabelle and Micheline in the beginning of Chapter 38?
(a) Le Jardin.
(b) A concentration camp.
(c) A Red Cross station.
(d) New York.
4. Where does Vianne take her class to go swimming in Chapter 35?
(a) To the pond.
(b) To the river.
(c) To the ocean.
(d) To the creek.
5. Who is waiting for Isabelle when she arrives at the train station in Carriveau in Chapter 38?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sarah die in Chapter 22?
2. For whom does Isabelle apologize for when she arrives at Carriveau in Chapter 38?
3. Whom does Vianne go to in order to ask about Isabelle and tell about the orphans in Chapter 37?
4. What location is serving as a reception center for concentration camp survivors in Chapter 37?
5. How many orphans' names are on the list that Vianne hands over in Chapter 37?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the setting of Carriveau changed in Chapter 33?
2. How is the theme of loss developed in Chapters 22 and 23?
3. What is revealed through Vianne's actions in Chapter 29?
4. Why does Rachel give her son to Vianne to care for him in Chapter 23?
5. How is Isabelle's return home described in Chapter 38?
6. What is symbolized by the cloths tied to the apple tree in the narrative?
7. How is the theme of love further developed in Chapter 32?
8. Where does Vianne go in order to search for Isabelle in Chapter 37?
9. What does Isabelle think about during her torture in Chapter 34?
10. How is Gaetan's return described in Chapter 38?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)