|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "gift" does Beck give to Sophie in Chapter 12?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) A pat of butter.
(c) A chocolate bar.
(d) A loaf of bread.
2. Who is Vianne's husband in the narrative?
3. Whom does Isabelle's father tell her to look for to help her on her journey with the pilot in Chapter 18?
(a) Micheline Babineau.
(b) Juliette Gervaise.
(c) Edith Cavell.
(d) Julien Rossignol.
4. What does Beck bring to dinner in Chapter 9?
5. In what year does The Nightingale open in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Isabelle tell Beck she needs a travel pass in Chapter 13?
2. What are under the desks in Vianne's classroom in Chapter 7?
3. What does Isabelle demark with chalk in Chapter 9?
4. How old does Vianne say she was when she met Antoine in Chapter 11?
5. What plan is developed for getting the pilot to safety in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you compare the characters of Vianne and Isabelle in The Nightingale?
2. How does Vianne describe her relatiosnhip with Antoine in Chapter 2?
3. How is the demoralization of war illustrated in Chapters 5 and 6?
4. What is foreshadowed by Vianne's conversation with Mother Superior in Chapter 12?
5. What is revealed about Isabelle's character through her first conversation with Anouk?
6. How are Vianne's views on war described in Chapter 2?
7. What does the church represent symbolically in Chapter 6?
8. What themes are introduced in Chapter 1?
9. How does the author illustrate the contrasts between Vianne and Isabelle in Chapter 11?
10. What is revealed through Isabelle's encounter with the man by the propaganda posters in Chapter 12?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)