|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beck holding in his hand at the train station in Chapter 23?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) A pitcher of water.
(c) A whip.
(d) A loaf of bread.
2. In what season does Chapter 24 begin?
3. What year is it when Chapter 39 begins?
4. What does the new German drink each morning in Chapter 27?
(d) Real coffee.
5. What happens to Daniel in Chapter 37?
(a) He dies from tuberculosis.
(b) He is taken to the concentration camps.
(c) He is taken to his family in America.
(d) He is killed by Nazi soldiers.
6. Who agrees to take the bodies of Beck and the pilot away in Chapter 25?
7. Gaeton tells Isabelle in Chapter 29 that he knows every time they kiss, it is what?
8. What happens to the airman who didn't follow Isabelle's orders on the journey in Chapter 21?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He escapes.
(c) He killls himself.
(d) He is shot.
9. From whom does Isabelle receive a note when she reaches the three pilots in Chapter 30?
(a) Edith Cavell.
(d) Von Richter.
10. How is Isabelle's clothing described when she begins her clerical job for the Germans?
(a) Plain and brown.
(b) Red and frilly.
(c) Pink and flowy.
(d) Yellow and frilly.
11. Why does Von Richter say he will be leaving the next day in Chapter 29?
(a) Because the Americans have arrived.
(b) Because he must attend the concentration camps.
(c) Because the Germans have won the war.
(d) Because the Germans are taking over the Free Zone.
12. What illness does the elderly woman remark that she has in Chapter 31?
(d) The flu.
13. How many airmen has Isabelle now brought across the Pyrenees in Chapter 21?
14. How does Vianne's father greet her in Carriveau in Chapter 33?
(a) He whispers to her from an alleyway.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He pulls her into a dark alley.
(d) He hugs her.
15. What does Von Richter do to Vianne in the end of Chapter 33?
(a) He shoots her.
(b) He rapes her.
(c) He stabs her.
(d) He kidnaps her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Chapter 36 begin?
2. Whose name do Isabelle's captors demand of her under questioning?
3. How many orphans' names are on the list that Vianne hands over in Chapter 37?
4. Who accompanies Isabelle as she is smuggled to the safe house in Chapter 27?
5. Where does Chapter 39 begin?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)