|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims to have shot Beck in the chest in Chapter 25?
(a) Madame Vizniak.
2. Where does Chapter 39 begin?
(d) New York.
3. Who accompanies Isabelle as she is smuggled to the safe house in Chapter 27?
4. What does the new German tell Vianne she will do that night in Chapter 27?
(a) Give her son over to the Nazis.
(b) Turn herself into the police.
(c) Move to the orphanage.
(d) Cook dinner for his guests.
5. What is Beck holding in his hand at the train station in Chapter 23?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) A whip.
(c) A pitcher of water.
(d) A loaf of bread.
6. How is Isabelle's clothing described when she begins her clerical job for the Germans?
(a) Yellow and frilly.
(b) Pink and flowy.
(c) Red and frilly.
(d) Plain and brown.
7. Gaeton tells Isabelle in Chapter 29 that he knows every time they kiss, it is what?
8. Whose name do Isabelle's captors demand of her under questioning?
(a) The Gaetan's name.
(b) The Shadow's name.
(c) The name of the messenger to Charles de Gaulle.
(d) The Nightingale's name.
9. What has become of Rachel and Marc in Chapter 37?
(a) They have escaped to Spain.
(b) They have died.
(c) They have been released from the camps.
(d) They have escaped to America.
10. What happens to the airman who didn't follow Isabelle's orders on the journey in Chapter 21?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He escapes.
(d) He killls himself.
11. Where does Isabelle decide to hide the fallen pilot in Chapter 25?
(a) Her secret room.
(b) The barn at Le Jardin.
(c) Her father's attic.
(d) The town orphanage.
12. Who is holding Isabelle captive in Chapter 33?
(a) The Japanese.
(b) The Gestapo.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The KGB.
13. What are hanging from the streetlights in the town square when Vianne walks there in Chapter 33?
(a) Red flags.
(b) White flags.
(c) Black flags.
(d) Dead bodies.
14. Where does Vianne see her father's body in Chapter 34?
(a) Hanging from a cross.
(b) Laying on the road.
(c) Strapped to a fountain.
(d) Hanging from a lamp post.
15. How many orphans' names are on the list that Vianne hands over in Chapter 37?
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Isabelle apologize for when she arrives at Carriveau in Chapter 38?
2. What happens to Daniel in Chapter 37?
3. What does Sophie give to Daniel in Chapter 37?
4. Why does Von Richter say he will be leaving the next day in Chapter 29?
5. From whom does Isabelle receive a note when she reaches the three pilots in Chapter 30?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)