|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long must Isabelle hold out under questioning to allow her friends to protect themselves in Chapter 33?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 5 days.
2. What do the Germans do to Julien in Chapter 34?
(a) They shoot him.
(b) They send him to a concentration camp.
(c) They send him to prison.
(d) They dismiss him.
3. Who tells Isabelle about the recruitment of women for clerical work in Chapter 21?
4. Where does Vianne see her father's body in Chapter 34?
(a) Laying on the road.
(b) Hanging from a lamp post.
(c) Hanging from a cross.
(d) Strapped to a fountain.
5. Where does Isabelle decide to hide the fallen pilot in Chapter 25?
(a) The barn at Le Jardin.
(b) The town orphanage.
(c) Her secret room.
(d) Her father's attic.
6. Where does Chapter 39 begin?
(b) New York.
7. How does Sarah die in Chapter 22?
(a) She is shot.
(b) She is crushed by the crowd.
(c) She is hung.
(d) She is crushed by a car.
8. Gaeton tells Isabelle in Chapter 29 that he knows every time they kiss, it is what?
9. Who claims to have shot Beck in the chest in Chapter 25?
(a) Madame Vizniak.
10. From whom is the letter that Vianne reads to Isabelle in Chapter 38?
(a) Their father.
(c) Edith Cavell.
(d) Micheline Babineau.
11. What illness does the elderly woman remark that she has in Chapter 31?
(b) The flu.
12. How does Vianne respond when Von Richter asks about the boy she brings home in Chapter 29?
(a) She says he is an orphan from America.
(b) She says he is an orphan whose mother died of tuberculosis.
(c) She says he is a Jewish child who escaped.
(d) She says he is an orphan whose famliy was taken prisoner.
13. What is the false name that Ari is given after Vianne takes him?
14. What has become of Rachel and Marc in Chapter 37?
(a) They have been released from the camps.
(b) They have escaped to Spain.
(c) They have died.
(d) They have escaped to America.
15. Who do Vianne and Sophie take half of their rations to in Chapter 22?
(a) Von Richter.
(b) Julien and Paul.
(c) Didier and Gaetan.
(d) Rachel and Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beck give to Vianne when Sophie is ill in Chapter 21?
2. What year is it when Chapter 39 begins?
3. Who is awaiting Isabelle and Gaetan with three pilots in Chapter 30?
4. Who is the French policeman that Vianne sees taking Madame Fournier and her son Gilles away in Chapter 27?
5. Who agrees to take the bodies of Beck and the pilot away in Chapter 25?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)