|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flowers does Vianne smell as she says farewell to Antoine in Chapter 3?
2. In what year does Chapter 13 begin?
3. Why does Isabelle say the Nazis are in Carriveau in Chapter 8?
(a) Because of the Jews there.
(b) Because of the resistance fighters there.
(c) Because of the airstrip there.
(d) Because of the food there.
4. At what time does Isabelle leave to make her deliveries in Chapter 10?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 2 a.m.
(c) 3 a.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
5. What is one of the haggard women clutching when she comes to Vianne's door in Chapter 7?
(a) A dead cat.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) A dead bird.
(d) A dead baby.
6. Where does Vianne see a "No Jews Allowed" sign in town in Chapter 16?
(a) At the butcher shop.
(b) At the beauty salon.
(c) At the bakery.
(d) At the wine store.
7. From whom does Beck give Vianne a letter in Chapter 16?
8. What is written on the note that Vianne gives to Isabelle in Chapter 13?
(a) "The curtains are open."
(b) "The Nightingale has flown."
(c) "They are looking for you."
(d) "The Red Army is waiting."
9. What is the name of the pilot that Isabelle helps in Chapter 18?
10. Isabelle reads a notice in Chapter 19 that says women discovered assisting airmen will be what?
(a) Tortured and shot.
(b) Sent to concentration camps.
(c) Shot on sight.
11. What name is on the passport that the elderly woman finds in the attic in Chapter 1?
(a) Juliette Gervaise.
(b) Julien Rossignol.
(c) Edith Cavell.
(d) Captain Beck.
12. What does Gaetan's note for Isabelle say in Chapter 7?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "I will see you soon."
(c) "Meet me in the garden at midnight."
(d) "You are not ready."
13. Who is Isabelle's hero?
(a) Juliette Gervaise.
(b) Antoine LeVeau.
(c) Julien Rossignol.
(d) Edith Cavell.
14. What does the term "gendarme" refer to?
(a) A place where arms are kept.
(b) A a military force charged with police duties among civilian populations.
(c) A place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned.
(d) The person in command of a ship.
15. What happens before Isabelle loses contact with the family she is being sent from Paris with in Chapter 5?
(a) The Germans shoot them.
(b) The car runs out of gas.
(c) The car is bombed.
(d) The horse carriage runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabelle receive at the ration line in the end of Chapter 10?
2. Who tends to Vianne after she has collapsed in Chapter 20?
3. In what year is Chapter 14 set?
4. How old was Isabelle when her mother died?
5. Who are the family that Julien sends Isabelle from Paris with in Chapter 5?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)