|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel show Vianne that she and her daughter will have to wear in Chapter 20?
(a) Red crosses.
(b) Yellow stars.
(c) Red stars.
(d) Blue stars.
2. Who tends to Vianne after she has collapsed in Chapter 20?
3. What does Beck bring for Vianne to cook for dinner in Chapter 15?
4. Where does Beck announce he is going for a few weeks in Chapter 17?
(a) To serve on the front lines.
(b) To see his wife.
(c) To see his dying father.
(d) To serve as a prison guard.
5. In what year does Chapter 13 begin?
6. Where does Julien say he is working in Chapter 15?
(a) At the Hotel de Crillon.
(b) At the Cité de Carcassonne.
(c) At the Eiffel Tower.
(d) At a butcher shop.
7. How does Anouk deliver a message to Isabelle in Chapter 17?
(a) The message is hidden in a loaf of bread.
(b) The message is hidden in a glove.
(c) The message is tucked into a book.
(d) The message is encoded in newspaper headlines.
8. Where does Beck say he was present during the bombing in Chapter 9?
9. How old does Vianne say she was when she met Antoine in Chapter 11?
10. Where is Isabelle asked to deliver a message to by the resistance in Chapter 13?
11. How old was Vianne when she first became pregnant?
12. Where is the unnamed elderly woman living in Chapter 1?
(d) New York.
13. What does Isabelle receive at the ration line in the end of Chapter 10?
(a) A tin of coffee.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A sack of potatoes.
(d) 2/3 of a cup of butter.
14. Where is the unnamed elderly woman moving in Chapter 1?
(a) To an assisted living facility.
(b) To her sister's summer home.
(c) To her son's home.
(d) To a convent.
15. What does Isabelle do with the pilot's flight suit in Chapter 17?
(a) She burns it.
(b) She gives it to a Nazi official.
(c) She throws it in the river.
(d) She gives it to her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What French general, resistant, and statesman is described in Chapter 8?
2. Why is Isabelle unable to reach her destination in Chapter 9?
3. Who brought the note for Isabelle in Chapter 13?
4. In what year does The Nightingale open in Chapter 1?
5. Who is the woman in Paris that Isabelle has delivered a message to in Chapter 16?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)