|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Isabelle say the Nazis are in Carriveau in Chapter 8?
(a) Because of the Jews there.
(b) Because of the airstrip there.
(c) Because of the resistance fighters there.
(d) Because of the food there.
2. In what war did Vianne's father fight?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
3. What are under the desks in Vianne's classroom in Chapter 7?
(c) Gas masks.
4. Why is Isabelle unable to reach her destination in Chapter 9?
(a) She is shot.
(b) She is arrested for treason.
(c) She is bitten by a dog.
(d) She needs a pass to travel.
5. Whom does Isabelle's father tell her to look for to help her on her journey with the pilot in Chapter 18?
(a) Edith Cavell.
(b) Micheline Babineau.
(c) Juliette Gervaise.
(d) Julien Rossignol.
6. In which year does Chapter 2 begin?
7. What is reported on the radio as Isabelle and Vianne listen in Chapter 7?
(a) America has joined the war.
(b) Germany has surrendered.
(c) France has surrendered.
(d) Japan has joined the war.
8. What flowers does Vianne smell as she says farewell to Antoine in Chapter 3?
9. What happens before Isabelle loses contact with the family she is being sent from Paris with in Chapter 5?
(a) The car runs out of gas.
(b) The Germans shoot them.
(c) The car is bombed.
(d) The horse carriage runs away.
10. What is the name of Vianne's daughter in the novel?
11. Who is the guide that leads Isabelle and the airmen to safety in Chapter 19?
(c) Charles de Gaulle.
12. What is one of the haggard women clutching when she comes to Vianne's door in Chapter 7?
(a) A dead dog.
(b) A dead cat.
(c) A dead baby.
(d) A dead bird.
13. What does Beck bring to dinner in Chapter 9?
14. What is Isabelle's first mission with the resistance group in Chapter 10?
(a) Transporting airmen across the border.
(b) Printing flyers for the resistance.
(c) Passing messages through loaves of bread.
(d) Distributing flyers for the resistance.
15. Who is Vianne's best friend and neighbor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beck offer to help Vianne with in the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. What is the invitation for that the elderly woman receives in Chapter 14?
3. Who is the woman in Paris that Isabelle has delivered a message to in Chapter 16?
4. What is Vianne forced to sell for food money in Chapter 20?
5. What is the name of the pilot that Isabelle helps in Chapter 18?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)