|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Vianne's husband in the narrative?
2. Who is the guide that leads Isabelle and the airmen to safety in Chapter 19?
(c) Charles de Gaulle.
3. What is the name of the town where Vianne lives with her husband and daughter in Chapter 2?
4. When does Antoine say he will depart for mobilization in Chapter 2?
5. Who is the woman in Paris that Isabelle has delivered a message to in Chapter 16?
6. In what year does Chapter 13 begin?
7. Where is the unnamed elderly woman moving in Chapter 1?
(a) To a convent.
(b) To an assisted living facility.
(c) To her sister's summer home.
(d) To her son's home.
8. What is the invitation for that the elderly woman receives in Chapter 14?
(a) A reunion of Nazi sympathizers.
(b) A reuntion of concentration camp survivors.
(c) A reunion of passeurs.
(d) A birthday party.
9. Where do Gaetan and Isabelle run for protection from the bombing in Chapter 6?
(a) Into a brothel.
(b) Into a church.
(c) Into a bakery.
(d) Into a cemetery.
10. What "gift" does Beck give to Sophie in Chapter 12?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) A pat of butter.
(c) A loaf of bread.
(d) A chocolate bar.
11. What flowers does Vianne smell as she says farewell to Antoine in Chapter 3?
12. What information does Vianne relate to Isabelle regarding Marc in Chapter 11?
(a) Marc has fled to America.
(b) Marc has been killed.
(c) Marc has killed himself.
(d) Marc has been taken prisoner.
13. What is written on the note that Vianne gives to Isabelle in Chapter 13?
(a) "The Red Army is waiting."
(b) "They are looking for you."
(c) "The curtains are open."
(d) "The Nightingale has flown."
14. What do Isabelle's falsified papers claim her name to be in Chapter 19?
(a) Micheline Babineau.
(b) Marie Rossignol.
(c) Edith Cavell.
(d) Juliette Gervaise.
15. Who tends to Vianne after she has collapsed in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Vianne's best friend and neighbor?
2. Whom does Beck compare Isabelle to in Chapter 9?
3. What is the name of Rachel's daughter?
4. How does Anouk deliver a message to Isabelle in Chapter 17?
5. What happens before Isabelle loses contact with the family she is being sent from Paris with in Chapter 5?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)