|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Isabelle tell Vianne she is going to travel in Chapter 13?
2. When does Antoine say he will depart for mobilization in Chapter 2?
3. Where does Beck announce he is going for a few weeks in Chapter 17?
(a) To serve on the front lines.
(b) To see his dying father.
(c) To see his wife.
(d) To serve as a prison guard.
4. What is the name of Rachel's daughter?
5. What is the name of the town where Vianne lives with her husband and daughter in Chapter 2?
6. In what year does Chapter 13 begin?
7. What is the name of Vianne's father?
8. Where is the unnamed elderly woman living in Chapter 1?
(c) New York.
9. What are under the desks in Vianne's classroom in Chapter 7?
(c) Gas masks.
10. Why does Isabelle say the Nazis are in Carriveau in Chapter 8?
(a) Because of the resistance fighters there.
(b) Because of the food there.
(c) Because of the Jews there.
(d) Because of the airstrip there.
11. Why does Isabelle tell Beck she needs a travel pass in Chapter 13?
(a) Because she is getting married.
(b) Because she is ill.
(c) Because her father is sick.
(d) Because she needs to pass a message for the resistance.
12. What does Isabelle do with the pilot's flight suit in Chapter 17?
(a) She throws it in the river.
(b) She gives it to a Nazi official.
(c) She gives it to her father.
(d) She burns it.
13. What is the name of the pilot that Isabelle helps in Chapter 18?
14. In which month does Chapter 12 begin?
15. Who is Isabelle's hero?
(a) Antoine LeVeau.
(b) Julien Rossignol.
(c) Edith Cavell.
(d) Juliette Gervaise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Isabelle when her mother died?
2. Who is Vianne's husband in the narrative?
3. What does "RAF" refer to in the narrative?
4. What is reported on the radio as Isabelle and Vianne listen in Chapter 7?
5. How old was Vianne when she first became pregnant?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)