|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Vianne relate to Isabelle regarding Marc in Chapter 11?
(a) Marc has killed himself.
(b) Marc has fled to America.
(c) Marc has been taken prisoner.
(d) Marc has been killed.
2. What is one of the haggard women clutching when she comes to Vianne's door in Chapter 7?
(a) A dead baby.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) A dead cat.
(d) A dead bird.
3. What happens before Isabelle loses contact with the family she is being sent from Paris with in Chapter 5?
(a) The horse carriage runs away.
(b) The car runs out of gas.
(c) The Germans shoot them.
(d) The car is bombed.
4. How does Isabelle suggest the resistance members signal to contact her in Chapter 10?
(a) By sending her messages hidden in bread.
(b) By lighting a particular streetlamp.
(c) By opening the curtains of an empty apartment.
(d) By sending radio signals.
5. Why does Isabelle say the Nazis are in Carriveau in Chapter 8?
(a) Because of the Jews there.
(b) Because of the food there.
(c) Because of the resistance fighters there.
(d) Because of the airstrip there.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which month does Chapter 12 begin?
2. Where is the unnamed elderly woman living in Chapter 1?
3. Who is the German soldier that will be billeting at Vianne's home in Chapter 8?
4. Who is the leader of the resistance group that Isabelle meets with in Chapter 10?
5. What is the name of the town where Vianne lives with her husband and daughter in Chapter 2?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)