|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poppet wear after her performance at the beginning of "Ailuromancy"?
2. In "Atmosphere," who is Celia reminded of when watching Tara?
3. What does Celia fetch while everyone waits for the Murray twins to be born?
4. What type of performances did Chandresh watch as a child?
5. Where is the circus in "The Wizard in the Tree"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is opening night like when the circus opens in London in 1886?
2. How would you describe the labyrinth?
3. What do Marco and Celia collaborate upon in "Collaborations"?
4. How does Celia feel about her performances?
5. How does Herr Thiessen learn where the circus will be in "Reveurs"?
6. What does Bailey do with the twins in "Ailuromancy"?
7. In "The Magician's Umbrella," how does Celia learn who her opponent is?
8. What does Celia sense after the bonfire is lit on opening night?
9. What does Celia do when Prospero said her name should have been Miranda?
10. What does Marco look like when he isn't manipulating his appearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Celia learned the identity of her opponent in "The Magician's Opponent." How did she learn her opponent's identity and how did that knowledge affect Celia and the way she was competing?
Essay Topic 2
Prospero's inability to maintain a physical form is due to a failed experiment. What was Prospero attempting to do and why did his experiment fail so badly?
Essay Topic 3
Lainie has tea with three different people in "Three Cups of Tea with Lainie Burgess." Why does Lainie visit each person and what does she hope to learn from her visits?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)