|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scent comes from the burnt chair in "Oneiromancy" when the flames are extinguished?
2. In "Movement," what is the clock made of that Celia fixes?
3. What does Poppet wear after her performance at the beginning of "Ailuromancy"?
4. How do circus goers enter the circus past the ticket booth?
5. What color do the Burgess sisters and Mr. Barris wear to a dinner at the Lefevre mansion in "Atmosphere"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Prospero have Celia do for Alexander?
2. In "Target Practice," why is Chandresh throwing a knife at a dartboard?
3. How does the boy the grey man chooses grow up?
4. What is the tattoo like that Tsukiko has?
5. How does Herr Thiessen learn where the circus will be in "Reveurs"?
6. How does Celia feel about her performances?
7. How does Marco arrange to meet with Mr. A. H. in "Rules of the Game"?
8. What does Bailey do with the twins in "Ailuromancy"?
9. What is Tara's funeral like?
10. What does Caroline dare her younger brother, Bailey, to do one day when they are climbing an oak tree?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Poppet believes that Bailey is essential to the survival of the circus. What has Poppet observed about the circus and what does she believe Bailey can do to prevent the circus from falling apart?
Essay Topic 2
Tsukiko and Celia are hired as some of the first performers for the circus. What is unique about each woman that makes Chandresh want to hire her, and how does he expect each woman to enhance and add to the atmosphere of the circus?
Essay Topic 3
Celia proclaims to love Marco, yet she asks him to leave and not return. What influences cause Celia to ask Marco to leave and never return?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)