|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is dessert finished in "Associates and Conspirators"?
2. By "Gentlemen's Wager," how long has Celia been taking lessons?
3. In "Movement," where does Celia come to see Thiessen?
4. What does Chandresh send Mrs. Murray, the wild-cat tamers wife when she gives birth on opening night?
5. In "Target Practice," what is Chandresh aiming at on a dartboard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Marco and Celia collaborate upon in "Collaborations"?
2. What is opening night like when the circus opens in London in 1886?
3. In "Target Practice," why is Chandresh throwing a knife at a dartboard?
4. How does the grey man get a child to train?
5. What does the announcement in the paper say about Hector Bowen's death and funeral services?
6. What does Prospero have Celia do for Alexander?
7. What is the clock like that Herr Thiessen creates?
8. In "The Magician's Umbrella," how does Celia learn who her opponent is?
9. How does Marco arrange to meet with Mr. A. H. in "Rules of the Game"?
10. What does Celia sense after the bonfire is lit on opening night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tsukiko doesn't believe that Tara's death is an accident. Why doesn't Tsukiko believe that Tara's death was an accident and how does she believe Tara's death will affect the circus?
Essay Topic 2
Celia collaborated as she made her games in the move. Why did Celia believe that collaboration was the best way for her to compete?
Essay Topic 3
Isobel destroys a charm she made to create balance in the circus. Why does Isobel destroy her charm and what are the resulting effects on the circus when she removes her charm?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)