|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the engine that pulls the circus train?
(a) Black and gray.
(b) Smokey gray.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Almost entirely black.
2. What pattern is on Celia dress when she performs at the beginning of "Stormy Seas"?
(a) Unassembled puzzle pieces.
(b) Black stripes.
(d) Flower petals.
3. What does Isobel hear at the end of "Intersections I: The Drop of a Hat"?
(d) Poppet screaming.
4. When did Chandresh died?
5. Where is Widget in "Blueprints"?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might the visitor in "Bon Reves" eat as a pre-breakfast snack?
2. What time is it at the beginning of "Incendiary"?
3. In "The Pool of Tears," what are patrons instructed to take when they enter a tent that has a ceiling covered with open black umbrellas?
4. What is the ship made from that Marco shows Celia in "Stormy Seas"?
5. Who does Prospero say was Alexander's last student?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Isobel and Marco happen to meet?
2. Where is Tsukiko's scar and what does it look like?
3. What does Poppet ask Bailey to do in "An Entreaty" and why?
4. What does Chadresh give Poppet and Widget for their thirteenth birthday?
5. How does Thiessen describe what he provides with his writing?
6. When and where is the grand anniversary celebration held for the circus?
7. How does Thiessen die?
8. Describe the illusion Marco creates for Celia in "Stormy Seas"?
9. Why did the Burgess sisters always excel at what they did?
10. How does Bailey relight the bonfire?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)