|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pattern is on Celia dress when she performs at the beginning of "Stormy Seas"?
(a) Unassembled puzzle pieces.
(c) Flower petals.
(d) Black stripes.
2. Why does Widget think Mr. A. H. is old?
(a) He has no shadow.
(b) Because of the stories Mr. A. H. tells.
(c) From what he can read on the man.
(d) Because of Mr. A. H.'s history.
3. Where do Celia and Marco reunite in "Transmutation"?
(a) Celia's tent.
(b) Ice Garden.
(c) Bonfire courtyard.
(d) Wishing tree.
4. In "Intersections I: The Drop of a Hat," what are left for circus patrons to wear on October 31.
(a) Lace masks.
(b) Leather masks.
(c) Velvet masks.
(d) Cardboard masks.
5. What color does the fire turn when the shower of sparks in the cauldron fall like starts in "The Second Lighting of the Bonfire"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tsukiko's opponent's name?
2. What color is the engine that pulls the circus train?
3. In "Blueprints," how many times does Poppet ring the doorbell before Chandresh comes to the door?
4. In "Stormy Seas," where does Celia say that the circus will be in the autumn?
5. In "Intersections II: Scarlet Furies and Red Destinies," how often has Mr. A. H. attended the circus before?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Isobel and Marco happen to meet?
2. What does Poppet ask Bailey to do in "An Entreaty" and why?
3. In "Fates Foretold," how does the fortune teller do a reading?
4. Why does Poppet visit Chandresh in "Blueprints"?
5. Describe the illusion Marco creates for Celia in "Stormy Seas"?
6. How does Chandresh's house look when Poppet visits in "Blueprints"?
7. What is the circus like on All Hallows' Eve?
8. Where is Tsukiko's scar and what does it look like?
9. Why does Hector wait in the hall for Celia in "Technicalities?
10. When and where is the grand anniversary celebration held for the circus?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)