|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the engine that pulls the circus train?
(a) Smokey gray.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Almost entirely black.
(d) Black and gray.
2. How much of the circus is powered by the bonfire?
3. What might the visitor in "Bon Reves" eat as a pre-breakfast snack?
(a) Chocolate Mice.
(c) Caramel apple.
4. In "Beautiful Pain," what sits upon the two of hearts on the mantel in Marco's room?
(a) Silver band.
(b) Gold nugget.
(c) Gold band.
(d) Silver nugget.
5. What year is it when Hector and Mr. A. H. speak together in "Retrospect"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What pattern is on Celia dress when she performs at the beginning of "Stormy Seas"?
2. What marks the door of Tsukiko's compartment on the train?
3. What does Poppet move in order to put her briefcase on Chandresh's desk in his study?
4. In "Incendiary," where does Marco find himself?
5. What does Isobel throw at Marco in "Old Ghosts"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Widget visit with Mr. A. H. in "Stories"?
2. Who does Bailey meet at the train station in Concord?
3. Describe the illusion Marco creates for Celia in "Stormy Seas"?
4. Why did the Burgess sisters always excel at what they did?
5. How did Isobel and Marco happen to meet?
6. Where does Celia find Marco after they go through the bonfire?
7. Why does Hector wait in the hall for Celia in "Technicalities?
8. What does Chadresh give Poppet and Widget for their thirteenth birthday?
9. How does Bailey relight the bonfire?
10. Why does Poppet visit Chandresh in "Blueprints"?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)