|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scent comes from the burnt chair in "Oneiromancy" when the flames are extinguished?
(a) Lilac or jasmine.
(c) Cinnamon or cloves.
2. What type of dress is Mme. Padva wearing in "Associates and Conspirators"?
(a) Green taffeta.
(b) Blue velvet trimmed in gold.
(c) Black silk embroidered with cherry blossoms.
(d) Yellow taffeta.
3. Where is the circus in "The Wizard in the Tree"?
4. What does Bailey purchase to eat at the beginning of "Caromancy"?
(b) Chocolate mice.
5. Where is Mr. Barris living in "The Ticking of the Clock"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tara's funeral held?
2. What color cap did Bailey wear on his first visit to the circus?
3. How long after the man in grey signs a paper in "Shades of Grey," does the form disappear?
4. In "Atmosphere," who is Celia reminded of when watching Tara?
5. What does Widget buy to eat in "Ailuromancy"?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Thiessen meets Celia, how is she different from when he has seen her at the circus?
2. How does the grey man get a child to train?
3. How does the circus get assembled in "Atmosphere"?
4. What are dinners like at Chandresh's home?
5. How does Marco arrange to meet with Mr. A. H. in "Rules of the Game"?
6. How does Marco meet Isobel?
7. What is opening night like when the circus opens in London in 1886?
8. How does Celia feel about her performances?
9. What does Bailey observe when he watches the contortionist in "Oneiromancy"?
10. What does Marco look like when he isn't manipulating his appearance?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)