|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Labryinth," what papers the walls in a hallway?
2. What does Widget want to ride on the carousel in "Chaperoned" until Celia persuades him to ride on a different animal?
(a) Nine-tailed fox.
3. In "Temporary Places," to what station is the hotel attached where Tara goes?
(c) St. Pancras.
(d) Abbey Wood.
4. When the man in grey visits the boy he is teaching in his rooms, how long does he spend lecturing the boy?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 90 minutes.
(c) 35 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
5. How many times does Herr Thiessen read Celia letter before composing a reply in "Reveurs"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the tents of the circus?
2. Where does Herr Thiessen view the circus and the clock that he made?
3. In "Rules of the Game," what does Marco shape the pages of Isobel's letter into after reading it?
4. What time does Celia perform in "Wishes and Desires"?
5. How long after the crowd disperses in "The Magician's Umbrella," does it begin to rain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Le Cirque des Reves set up?
2. How does the circus get assembled in "Atmosphere"?
3. What is the clock like that Herr Thiessen creates?
4. What does Bailey observe when he watches the contortionist in "Oneiromancy"?
5. How does Celia feel about her performances?
6. What does Celia sense after the bonfire is lit on opening night?
7. What does Caroline dare her younger brother, Bailey, to do one day when they are climbing an oak tree?
8. When Thiessen meets Celia, how is she different from when he has seen her at the circus?
9. What does Prospero have Celia do for Alexander?
10. What is opening night like when the circus opens in London in 1886?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)