|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scent might be smelled as a crowd waits for the circus to open?
(a) Cotton candy.
2. How many chairs are in the tent where Celia performs in "Oneiromancy"?
(a) About 20.
(b) Around 15.
3. What color are the tents of the circus?
(a) White and black.
(b) Blue and red.
(c) Gold and crimson.
(d) Yellow and green.
4. What happens at midnight on opening night?
(a) Trumpet blows.
(b) Bonfire is lit.
(c) Light show begins.
(d) Sound of a gong is heard.
5. Where is Mr. Barris living in "The Ticking of the Clock"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tara's funeral held?
2. In "Temporary Places," where does Lainie attempt to persuade Tara to go for an extended holiday?
3. In "Movement," what language is Thiessen surprised to learn that Celia speaks?
4. What is Prospero's given name?
5. In "Truth or Dare," what color is the red-haired girl wearing when Bailey runs into her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caroline dare her younger brother, Bailey, to do one day when they are climbing an oak tree?
2. What is the tattoo like that Tsukiko has?
3. How does the grey man get a child to train?
4. How does the boy the grey man chooses grow up?
5. How does Marco meet Isobel?
6. What does Mr. A.H. tell Tara when he speaks to her in "Temporary Places"?
7. What is the clock like that Herr Thiessen creates?
8. What do Marco and Celia collaborate upon in "Collaborations"?
9. How does Celia feel about her performances?
10. What is Tara's funeral like?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)