|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Celia spend time after her performance in "Rules of the Game"?
(a) Ice Garden.
(b) Contortionist's show.
(c) At the bonfire.
(d) Wild-cat tent.
2. What is the date at the beginning of "Gentlemen's Wager"?
(a) July 1872.
(b) August 1871.
(c) March 1870.
(d) October 1873.
3. What color are the tents of the circus?
(a) Gold and crimson.
(b) White and black.
(c) Yellow and green.
(d) Blue and red.
4. What happens at midnight on opening night?
(a) Bonfire is lit.
(b) Trumpet blows.
(c) Sound of a gong is heard.
(d) Light show begins.
5. In "Atmosphere," who is Celia reminded of when watching Tara?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) An aunt.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often are Circus Dinners held in "The Contortionist's Tattoo"?
2. How many chairs are in the tent where Celia performs in "Oneiromancy"?
3. How old is Bailey when his grandmother suggests he think about attending Harvard?
4. What does Celia have in cages in her room?
5. What occupation did Tara and Lainie pursue before they became dancers or actresses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the boy the grey man chooses grow up?
2. How does a man in a tuxedo perform in "The Hanged Man"?
3. How does Celia feel about her performances?
4. What does Celia do when Prospero said her name should have been Miranda?
5. What do Marco and Celia collaborate upon in "Collaborations"?
6. How does Marco meet Isobel?
7. What is the clock like that Herr Thiessen creates?
8. What does Caroline dare her younger brother, Bailey, to do one day when they are climbing an oak tree?
9. What is the tattoo like that Tsukiko has?
10. How does Herr Thiessen learn where the circus will be in "Reveurs"?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)