|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nick visiting in this story?
(a) His father.
2. What is the name of the city that used to be located in the abandoned area where Nick gets off the train?
3. What type of vacation is Nick taking in this story?
4. Who is Nick's fellow soldier who has also been injured?
5. Nick says that every time he went to battle, he ____________.
(b) Wet his pants.
(d) Was drunk.
6. What is Nick's demeanor in battle?
7. What is Nick's demeanor toward Marjorie?
8. Who is the girl that Nick is interested in?
9. What happens to Nick on the ski trail?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He finishes ahead of George.
(c) He calls for air lift.
(d) He falls.
10. In what war did Hemingway serve?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Vietnam War.
11. What is Rinaldi's response when Nick says they have made a "separate peace?"
(a) We will always be brothers.
(b) We're alone, always.
(c) We are of one army.
(d) We are not patriots.
12. What animal does Nick help in this story?
13. What injury does the major in the hospital have?
(a) Shrapnel wounds.
(b) Amputated leg.
(c) Missing eye.
(d) Disfigured hand.
14. Where does Nick take his new bride?
(a) Their home.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A bed and breakfast.
(d) A cottage.
15. What does Nick admire in the uncivilized area?
(b) A mountain view.
(c) A stream with trout.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Nick vacationing?
2. How does Nick spend the day in the uncivilized area?
3. Nick thinks about the time he spent in _________ going to bullfights.
4. In what ways does Nick show that he has a great appreciation for nature?
5. Why does Nick sneak back to Kate's house?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)