|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what event are Nick and his friends waiting?
2. Which of the following do Nick and Bill NOT do at Bill's cabin?
(a) Talk about baseball.
(b) Discuss books.
(c) Talk about Med school.
(d) Drink in front of the fireplace.
3. Why does Nick not allow himself to fall asleep?
(a) He is on patrol.
(b) He is afraid he will die.
(c) He will have nightmares.
(d) He has to be up soon.
4. Where are Nick, Marjorie, and Bill fishing?
(a) A river.
(b) A stream.
(c) A bay.
(d) An ocean.
5. Nick thinks he would be better for Kate than _____________ is.
6. Where had the peasant kept his wife's body after she died?
(a) The meat locker.
(b) The shed.
(c) The frozen pond.
(d) The freezer.
7. What is the name of the city that used to be located in the abandoned area where Nick gets off the train?
8. Why does Nick sneak back to Kate's house?
(a) To drink whiskey.
(b) To take a drive.
(c) To watch a movie.
(d) To have sex.
9. How do Nick and his bride leave after the wedding?
(a) In a limo.
(b) In a vintage car.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) In a canoe.
10. What type of vacation is Nick taking in this story?
11. Who is the girl that Nick is interested in?
12. What is Rinaldi's response when Nick says they have made a "separate peace?"
(a) We are of one army.
(b) We will always be brothers.
(c) We are not patriots.
(d) We're alone, always.
13. What seems to elevate Nick's mood?
(a) Realizing his relationship with Marjorie doesn't have to end.
(b) Watching a baseball game on TV.
(c) Getting a phone call from his father.
14. What does Nick call Kate after they have sex?
15. What does Nick admire in the uncivilized area?
(b) A mountain view.
(d) A stream with trout.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Nick in this story?
2. What type of injury does Nick have in this story?
3. What does Nick complain about after he has sex with Kate?
4. Who is Nick's fellow soldier who has also been injured?
5. What do Nick and George drink at the lodge?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)