|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Nick help in this story?
2. What is Helen's medical condition?
(a) She is a diabetic.
(b) She gets migraines.
(c) She has the flu.
(d) She is pregnant.
3. What happens to Nick on the ski trail?
(a) He falls.
(b) He calls for air lift.
(c) He breaks his leg.
(d) He finishes ahead of George.
4. Who is Nick's girlfriend in this story?
5. What is the name of the city that used to be located in the abandoned area where Nick gets off the train?
6. What does Nick complain about after he has sex with Kate?
(a) The coarse blanket.
(b) The heat.
(c) The gnats.
(d) The rain.
7. Bill says the strong wind will blow for how many days?
8. What is Bill's opinion of Nick's relationship with Marjorie?
(a) It was the best thing that ever happened to Nick.
(b) It should be rekindled.
(c) It never would have lasted.
(d) It should stay buried.
9. For what event are Nick and his friends waiting?
10. What is Rinaldi's response when Nick says they have made a "separate peace?"
(a) We are not patriots.
(b) We are of one army.
(c) We're alone, always.
(d) We will always be brothers.
11. Who is Nick visiting in this story?
(a) His parents.
(b) An Italian battalion.
(c) His high school friends.
(d) His fiancee.
12. In what ways does Nick show that he has a great appreciation for nature?
(a) All of these.
(b) He wets his hand before touching the trout to prevent fungus.
(c) He does not kill the grasshopper on his leg.
(d) He lets the small trout go.
13. What do Nick and George drink at the lodge?
(c) Hot cocoa.
(d) Hot cider.
14. Which painter's style does Nick try to model his writing after?
(a) Van Gogh.
15. How does Nick spend the day in the uncivilized area?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Nick vacationing?
2. John tells Nick that girls of which nationality make good wives?
3. Who is on a camping trip with Nick and his girlfriend?
4. What else is Nick doing with his friends?
5. Where is Nick skiing in this story?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)