|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Nick say that he did get married?
(a) He has not married.
(b) He got married after the war.
(c) He married an Italian girl last month.
(d) He got married when he was shipped home with an injury.
2. What is the name of the city that used to be located in the abandoned area where Nick gets off the train?
3. What is Nick's demeanor in battle?
4. Where is Nick in this story?
(b) Thunder Bay.
(d) Hortons Bay.
5. What is the name of Nick's wife?
6. What seems to elevate Nick's mood?
(b) Watching a baseball game on TV.
(c) Realizing his relationship with Marjorie doesn't have to end.
(d) Getting a phone call from his father.
7. What does Nick pass on his way to visit the battalion?
(b) A hospital.
(d) A train station.
8. What is the setting for the story?
9. Nick thinks about the time he spent in _________ going to bullfights.
10. How does Nick spend the day in the uncivilized area?
11. What is Rinaldi's response when Nick says they have made a "separate peace?"
(a) We're alone, always.
(b) We will always be brothers.
(c) We are of one army.
(d) We are not patriots.
12. Which of the following does Nick NOT do in the uncivilized area?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Sends up flares.
(c) Cooks dinner.
(d) Finds a camping spot.
13. Where are Nick, Marjorie, and Bill fishing?
(a) An ocean.
(b) A river.
(c) A bay.
(d) A stream.
14. Who is the girl that Nick is interested in?
15. Nick thinks he would be better for Kate than _____________ is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick complain about after he has sex with Kate?
2. Bill says the strong wind will blow for how many days?
3. What do Nick and Bill drink at the cabin?
4. How was Nick injured?
5. What happens to Nick on the ski trail?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)