|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Preface written?
(a) To warn the reader about foul language.
(b) To provide some insight into the author's motivation.
(c) To encourage the reader to look for symbolism.
(d) To explain the reason for the collection.
2. When was this story published?
(b) It was never published.
3. What occupation did some of the Indians have in Petoskey?
(d) Factory work.
4. Who is Nick's buddy in this story?
5. How many people are in the vehicle passed by Nick and his friends?
6. What town is the location of this story?
7. How old is Nick in this story?
8. What is unknown about the stories?
(a) Their autobiographical qualities.
(b) Their interconnection.
(c) Their authenticity.
(d) Their authorship.
9. Where do Nick and Tom go after leaving the bar?
(a) Train station.
(b) Frat party.
(c) Another bar.
(d) Bus station.
10. Ad has some physical oddities such as a missing ear and __________________.
(a) six toes.
(b) a cleft palate.
(c) a slow heart rate.
(d) a missing thumb.
11. What does the author also tell the reader about the book?
(a) It is autobiographical.
(b) It contains some unpublished manuscripts.
(c) It is a hard book to get through.
(d) It is non-fiction.
12. What is the condition of the baby's father?
(a) He is in the hospital.
(b) He is not injured.
(c) He is bedridden at home.
(d) He is dead.
13. On what is Nick riding on his return home?
14. Where does Nick go in this story?
(a) Boarding school.
(b) Indian camp.
(c) Summer camp.
15. Who is Nick with in this story?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His father and brother.
(c) His father and cousin.
(d) His father and uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nick go in this story?
2. What do Nick and Leon take with them into the lifeboats?
3. What is Nick's father's name?
4. How does Nick react to the surgery?
5. Why does Nick's father fight with a man?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)