|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The collection consists of _________________.
(d) Short stories.
2. Who is Nick's younger sister?
3. Who is Nick with in this story?
(a) His father and cousin.
(b) His father and brother.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His father and uncle.
4. Who has left the town in this story?
5. What does Nick's uncle think he is?
(a) A hero.
(b) A good writer.
(c) A coward.
(d) A master fisherman.
6. What is unknown about the stories?
(a) Their interconnection.
(b) Their autobiographical qualities.
(c) Their authorship.
(d) Their authenticity.
7. Who is the soldier who has been drunk for about two solid weeks?
8. By what method is Nick traveling?
9. How old is Nick in this story?
10. How does Nick's father help the Indian woman?
(a) He performs surgery.
(b) He drives her to a hospital.
(c) He calls for air transport.
(d) He sets her broken bones.
11. On what is Nick riding on his return home?
12. How long does Nick nurse his broken heart about Prudence?
(a) For a month.
(b) For a year.
(c) For a couple days.
(d) Almost instantly.
13. What emotion does Nick recall having?
14. Who is Bugs?
(a) Ad's friend.
(b) Nick's best friend.
(c) Tom's roommate.
(d) The town drunk.
15. From what event is Nick returning home?
(a) Fourth of July celebration.
(b) New Year's Eve party.
(c) Christmas party.
(d) Birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men want to take Nick away because he sold trout and __________________.
2. Why does the Indian woman need help?
3. Who is Nick's father going to help?
4. What is Nick's mother's general demeanor?
5. To what does Nick look forward to on his trip?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)