|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Northern Woods: The Indians Moved Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Nick nurse his broken heart about Prudence?
(a) For a month.
(b) For a year.
(c) For a couple days.
(d) Almost instantly.
2. Why is the Preface written?
(a) To provide some insight into the author's motivation.
(b) To encourage the reader to look for symbolism.
(c) To explain the reason for the collection.
(d) To warn the reader about foul language.
3. Who is the girl that Nick spends a lot of time with?
(a) Prudence Mitchell.
(b) Paula Mitchell.
(c) Pamela Mitchell.
(d) Prudence McKenzie.
4. Who is with Nick in this story?
(a) His father and brother.
(b) His father and cousin.
(c) His Boy Scout troop.
(d) His father and uncle.
5. How does Nick get his father and uncle to return to camp?
(a) He calls on his cell.
(b) He shoots his rifle into the air.
(c) He texts them.
(d) He uses a duck call.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Nick's father tell his wife?
2. In what town did Nick grow up?
3. Where does Nick's father go instead of going back to fight with the man?
4. On what is Nick riding on his return home?
5. What does Nick do when he returns home?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)