|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Northern Woods: The Indians Moved Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Nick's mother practice?
(c) Christian Scientist.
2. How long does Nick nurse his broken heart about Prudence?
(a) Almost instantly.
(b) For a couple days.
(c) For a month.
(d) For a year.
3. Why is the Preface written?
(a) To provide some insight into the author's motivation.
(b) To warn the reader about foul language.
(c) To encourage the reader to look for symbolism.
(d) To explain the reason for the collection.
4. Who is the girl that Nick spends a lot of time with?
(a) Prudence McKenzie.
(b) Paula Mitchell.
(c) Prudence Mitchell.
(d) Pamela Mitchell.
5. What is unknown about the stories?
(a) Their authenticity.
(b) Their interconnection.
(c) Their authorship.
(d) Their autobiographical qualities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the doctor in this story?
2. Who writes the Preface of THE NICK ADAMS STORIES?
3. What is Nick's mother's general demeanor?
4. The story is a conflict between Nick's immaturity and the realization that ____________________.
5. How does Nick respond when he hears that Prudence has been playing with another boy?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)