|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On His Own: The Light of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What town is the location of this story?
2. Where were Prudence and the boy seen playing?
(a) The woods.
(b) The school yard.
(c) The city park.
(d) The playground.
3. Why does the Indian woman need help?
(a) She has been in labor for two days.
(b) She has broken both legs.
(c) She is trapped in a mine.
(d) She has a skull fracture.
4. What thought scared Nick when he was alone?
(a) His father was going to war.
(b) He would die young.
(c) His mother had cancer.
(d) He would die one day.
5. How old is Nick in this story?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was this story published?
2. Who was Steve Ketchel?
3. What does Nick's uncle think he is?
4. With whom does Nick go to a bar?
5. What emotion does Nick recall having?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)