|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On His Own: The Light of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thought scared Nick when he was alone?
(a) His father was going to war.
(b) His mother had cancer.
(c) He would die one day.
(d) He would die young.
2. What is the condition of the baby's father?
(a) He is bedridden at home.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is not injured.
(d) He is in the hospital.
3. How old is Nick in this story?
4. Where do Nick and Tom go after leaving the bar?
(a) Another bar.
(b) Frat party.
(c) Train station.
(d) Bus station.
5. What happened to Nick when he was by himself?
(a) He loved the solitude.
(b) He got scared.
(c) He slept all day.
(d) He tried to get a friend to come over.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nick get his father and uncle to return to camp?
2. How does Nick respond when he hears that Prudence has been playing with another boy?
3. What nationality is the girl that Nick spends a lot of time with?
4. What is the economic base of the town?
5. Who has left the town in this story?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)