|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On His Own: The Light of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has left the town in this story?
2. What does Nick do when he returns home?
(a) Eats dinner with his father.
(b) Works on a jigsaw puzzle.
(c) Calls his girlfriend.
(d) Watches TV and falls asleep.
3. The story is a conflict between Nick's immaturity and the realization that ____________________.
(a) his girl friend no longer loves him.
(b) his father is going to war.
(c) all life eventually comes to an end.
(d) his mother is terminally ill.
4. Who was Steve Ketchel?
(a) A murdered boxer.
(b) A physician.
(c) A city councilman.
(d) A hobo.
5. What is the condition of the baby's father?
(a) He is in the hospital.
(b) He is not injured.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is bedridden at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Prudence and the boy seen playing?
2. How does Nick get his father and uncle to return to camp?
3. What lie does Nick tell his father when he returns to camp?
4. Why does the Indian woman need help?
5. On what is Nick riding on his return home?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)