|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What American city does Eric want to live in?
2. What kind of event does Pierce talk about after Saturday lunch?
3. What does Mary put the raspberries in?
4. Who does Ducane ask Mary about?
5. Who gets married at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ducane orgaize everyone when he hears Pierce has swum to the cave?
2. What does Eric write in his letter to Pala?
3. Why does Binally say he tampered with Radeechy's body?
4. How does Ducane feel about Mary?
5. What do the three women write in their letters to Ducane?
6. What does Mary think about on the boat?
7. Why does Ducane think the sender sent Kate Jessica's letter?
8. Why do Octavian and Kate decide to forgive Ducane?
9. Why does Judy say she married McGrath?
10. How does Richard start his off his meeting with Paula?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Replace the play's London setting with one of the following cities:
1. New York.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 3
1. Your parent or guardian has been given an opportunity to transfer to a job in Alaska. The transfer would neither help nor hurt his career, and all moving costs would be paid by the company.
2. Think about how your family's lives would change if you were to move to Alaska.
3. Now write to persuade your parent or guardian to take or to turn down the transfer to Alaska.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)