|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ducane meet with in chapter 37?
2. What bad news does Willy break to Mary in chapter 32?
3. What does Mary place on the basket of raspberries?
4. What does Ducane feel on the rocks?
5. What does Mary put the raspberries in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary react to Willy breaking their engagement?
2. How does Mar react when she sees Mingo, Pierce and Ducane swimming out of the cave?
3. How does Pierce react when he sees Mingo?
4. Why does Binally say he tampered with Radeechy's body?
5. What does Willy tell Mary in this chapter?
6. What does Eric write in his letter to Pala?
7. How does Kate react to Jessica's letter?
8. How does Richard start his off his meeting with Paula?
9. Why does Ducane think the sender sent Kate Jessica's letter?
10. How did Richard amputate Eric's leg?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. How does the author use all these elements to create a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Replace the play's London setting with one of the following cities:
1. New York.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. Explain how the author's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)