|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierce lose in the water?
2. What reason does Biranne give for touching Radeechy's body?
3. What American city does Eric want to live in?
4. What does Pierce see when he turns on his torch?
5. What does kind of drink does McGrath pour for himself and Ducane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Octavian and Kate decide to forgive Ducane?
2. How does Pierce react when he sees Mingo?
3. What did Radeecy write in his suicide note?
4. How have Kate's feelings for Ducane changed?
5. How does Mary react to Willy breaking their engagement?
6. Describe the vault.
7. What does Jessica find out about Ducane at the end of chapter 27?
8. Why does Judy say she married McGrath?
9. Why does Ducane resign from his job?
10. Why does Ducane think the sender sent Kate Jessica's letter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Replace the play's London setting with one of the following cities:
1. New York.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote The Nice and the Good in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)