|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters are talking in the kitchen at the beginning of chapter 30?
2. Who gets married at the end of the book?
3. Why does Ducane say he cannot see Kate anymore?
4. What picture do Paula and Richard sit in front of?
5. What does Octavian not tell his wife about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the characters alive at the end of the book. Compare his or her character to who he or she was at the beginning of the book to who he or she is at the end.
1) What did your character hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2) What events changed your character ideas about life?
3) How has your character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Ducane during the story:
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)