|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Octavian say he is sexually jealous of?
2. Which two characters do Ducane and Kate think are good for each other?
3. Who is the first letter that Ducane opens from?
4. What does Ducane tell Paula to try and find?
5. Who does Ducane tell Paula to ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Pierce and Ducane get themselves above the tideline?
2. How does Pierce react when he sees Mingo?
3. Describe the vault.
4. How does Mary react to Willy breaking their engagement?
5. What did Radeecy write in his suicide note?
6. Why does Binally say he tampered with Radeechy's body?
7. What does Mary think about on the boat?
8. Why does Mary think she is in a terrible position?
9. Why does Ducane resign from his job?
10. How did Richard amputate Eric's leg?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine what expresses about 1960s society:
1) The estate.
2) Ducane's womanizing .
3) The occult.
Essay Topic 2
Replace the play's London setting with one of the following cities:
1. New York.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author have tot change the novel if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)