|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pierce swim to?
2. What does Biranne say he pushed out of the way as he was touching Radeechy?
3. What does Ducane think McGrath could do to him?
4. What foreign city did Kate and Octavian go for their vacation?
5. Who is the longer letter addressed to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Judy say she married McGrath?
2. What does Mary think about on the boat?
3. What does Eric write in his letter to Pala?
4. Describe the vault.
5. Describe the layout of the cave.
6. What did Radeecy write in his suicide note?
7. Why does Ducane think the sender sent Kate Jessica's letter?
8. How do Pierce and Ducane get themselves above the tideline?
9. Why does McGrath say the room smells so bad?
10. What does Jessica find out about Ducane at the end of chapter 27?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. Explain how the author's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
1. Your parent or guardian has been given an opportunity to transfer to a job in Alaska. The transfer would neither help nor hurt his career, and all moving costs would be paid by the company.
2. Think about how your family's lives would change if you were to move to Alaska.
3. Now write to persuade your parent or guardian to take or to turn down the transfer to Alaska.
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)