|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ducane tell Judy to do?
2. Who is the longer letter addressed to?
3. What kind of event does Pierce talk about after Saturday lunch?
4. What kind of animal is Mingo?
5. Whose face does Ducane imagine when he looks for Pierce?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ducane help Biranne in chapter 37?
2. How did Richard amputate Eric's leg?
3. What did Radeecy write in his suicide note?
4. How do Pierce and Ducane get themselves above the tideline?
5. How does Richard start his off his meeting with Paula?
6. Why does Binally say he tampered with Radeechy's body?
7. How does Ducane orgaize everyone when he hears Pierce has swum to the cave?
8. How has Ducane's attitude towards Biranne changed?
9. Why does Judy say she married McGrath?
10. What does Jessica find out about Ducane at the end of chapter 27?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. Explain how the author's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author have tot change the novel if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)