|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Ducane's house at the beginning of chapter 28?
2. What does Mary wrap around Ducane?
3. Who is sitting with Mary on the boat?
4. What does Mary place on the basket of raspberries?
5. How did Radeechy kill his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ducane think the sender sent Kate Jessica's letter?
2. How does Ducane react to Judy's advances?
3. How does Kate react to Jessica's letter?
4. How has Ducane's attitude towards Biranne changed?
5. How does Ducane orgaize everyone when he hears Pierce has swum to the cave?
6. What does Eric write in his letter to Pala?
7. Why do Octavian and Kate decide to forgive Ducane?
8. What does Willy tell Mary in this chapter?
9. Why does Judy say she married McGrath?
10. What does Richard promise Paula?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. Explain how the author's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
1. Your parent or guardian has been given an opportunity to transfer to a job in Alaska. The transfer would neither help nor hurt his career, and all moving costs would be paid by the company.
2. Think about how your family's lives would change if you were to move to Alaska.
3. Now write to persuade your parent or guardian to take or to turn down the transfer to Alaska.
Essay Topic 3
The author wrote The Nice and the Good in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)