|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose face does Ducane imagine when he looks for Pierce?
2. Who does Ducane write a letter to at the end of the chapter?
3. Who does Julie hear arriving downstairs?
4. Who gets married at the end of the book?
5. Where does Mary tell Willy something is happening?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. Explain how the author's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Ducane during the story:
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)