|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willy's surname?
2. What does Mary wonder what it is like to be?
3. What does Biranne say he pushed out of the way as he was touching Radeechy?
4. Who arrives at Ducane's house at the beginning of chapter 28?
5. Who looks on as Paula and Richard run from the gallery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Kate's feelings for Ducane changed?
2. How does Mary react to Willy breaking their engagement?
3. Describe the layout of the cave.
4. Why does Ducane resign from his job?
5. What does Jessica find out about Ducane at the end of chapter 27?
6. What does Mary think about on the boat?
7. How did Richard amputate Eric's leg?
8. Describe the vault.
9. How does Kate react to Jessica's letter?
10. What does Richard promise Paula?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Replace the play's London setting with one of the following cities:
1. New York.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)