|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Biranne give for touching Radeechy's body?
2. Who is Paula waiting to meet?
3. Who does Ducane find naked in his bed?
4. Which door does McGrath say was usually locked?
5. Who does Ducane meet with in chapter 37?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mar react when she sees Mingo, Pierce and Ducane swimming out of the cave?
2. Why does Judy say she married McGrath?
3. What does Willy tell Mary in this chapter?
4. How does Pierce react when he sees Mingo?
5. How do Pierce and Ducane get themselves above the tideline?
6. Describe the vault.
7. Why does McGrath say the room smells so bad?
8. What did Radeecy write in his suicide note?
9. What does Jessica find out about Ducane at the end of chapter 27?
10. Why does Binally say he tampered with Radeechy's body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the main turning points of the novel? How does Murdoch develop her story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after each turning point?
Essay Topic 2
Replace the play's London setting with one of the following cities:
1. New York.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 3
What problems do Pierce's generation face? How are the problems for Pierce's generation different to the problems Ducane's generation faced? Identify and discuss a problem facing your own generation.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)