|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Radeechy kill his wife?
2. Who arrives at Ducane's house at the beginning of chapter 28?
3. Who is the longer letter addressed to?
4. What does Pierce see when he turns on his torch?
5. What reason does Biranne give for touching Radeechy's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the layout of the cave.
2. How has Ducane's attitude towards Biranne changed?
3. How does Ducane feel about Mary?
4. Why does Ducane think the sender sent Kate Jessica's letter?
5. Why does Ducane resign from his job?
6. Why does McGrath say the room smells so bad?
7. Why does Binally say he tampered with Radeechy's body?
8. Why does Judy say she married McGrath?
9. How does Mary react to Willy breaking their engagement?
10. What does Richard promise Paula?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. How does the author use all these elements to create a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
What are the main turning points of the novel? How does Murdoch develop her story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after each turning point?
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)