|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard promise to stop doing?
2. What kind of event does Pierce talk about after Saturday lunch?
3. What does Mary wrap around Ducane?
4. Who does Ducane write a letter to at the end of the chapter?
5. Why does Ducane think he should not pity Judy?
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Ducane during the story:
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in two of the following scenarios:
1. Radeecy's fakes his suicide.
2. The police ask all the characters to be called in for questioning.
3. Biranne is found guilty of Radeechy's murder.
4. Pierce dies in the cave.
Essay Topic 3
Replace the play's London setting with one of the following cities:
1. New York.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)