|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad news does Willy break to Mary in chapter 32?
2. Who is the first letter that Ducane opens from?
3. What has Kate brought for Ducane?
4. What does the author say all human life is compact of?
5. What do Pierce and Ducane lie on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ducane think the sender sent Kate Jessica's letter?
2. Why does Ducane resign from his job?
3. How has Ducane's attitude towards Biranne changed?
4. Why does Binally say he tampered with Radeechy's body?
5. Why do Octavian and Kate decide to forgive Ducane?
6. Why does McGrath say the room smells so bad?
7. How does Mary react to Willy breaking their engagement?
8. How does Ducane react to Judy's advances?
9. How does Richard start his off his meeting with Paula?
10. What does Richard promise Paula?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote The Nice and the Good in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Ducane during the story:
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)