|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which door does McGrath say was usually locked?
2. What city did Richard tell Paula he was moving to?
3. Who does Theo tell Willy to forgive?
4. Where does Mary tell Willy something is happening?
5. Why does Ducane say he cannot see Kate anymore?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richard start his off his meeting with Paula?
2. How does Ducane orgaize everyone when he hears Pierce has swum to the cave?
3. What does Eric write in his letter to Pala?
4. How does Mary react to Willy breaking their engagement?
5. Why does Binally say he tampered with Radeechy's body?
6. Why do Octavian and Kate decide to forgive Ducane?
7. How did Richard amputate Eric's leg?
8. Why does Mary think she is in a terrible position?
9. How have Kate's feelings for Ducane changed?
10. How does Ducane help Biranne in chapter 37?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Your parent or guardian has been given an opportunity to transfer to a job in Alaska. The transfer would neither help nor hurt his career, and all moving costs would be paid by the company.
2. Think about how your family's lives would change if you were to move to Alaska.
3. Now write to persuade your parent or guardian to take or to turn down the transfer to Alaska.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. How does the author use all these elements to create a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)