|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the twins decide to do at the end of the book?
2. Where is Paula at the beginning of chapter 38?
3. Why does Ducane say he cannot see Kate anymore?
4. What does Biranne say he pushed out of the way as he was touching Radeechy?
5. What does Pierce see when he turns on his torch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary think about on the boat?
2. How does Kate react to Jessica's letter?
3. Why does Mary think she is in a terrible position?
4. How did Richard amputate Eric's leg?
5. How does Ducane help Biranne in chapter 37?
6. How has Ducane's attitude towards Biranne changed?
7. How does Pierce react when he sees Mingo?
8. Why does Ducane think the sender sent Kate Jessica's letter?
9. How does Ducane orgaize everyone when he hears Pierce has swum to the cave?
10. What did Radeecy write in his suicide note?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Ducane during the story:
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine what expresses about 1960s society:
1) The estate.
2) Ducane's womanizing .
3) The occult.
Essay Topic 3
What is a premise? Why is a premise important to a story? How does Murdoch use her premise to develop meaning in the story?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)