Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard promise to stop doing?
2. What kind of event does Pierce talk about after Saturday lunch?
3. What does Mary wrap around Ducane?
4. Who does Ducane write a letter to at the end of the chapter?
5. Why does Ducane think he should not pity Judy?
Essay Topic 1
The author wrote The Nice and the Good in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author have tot change the novel if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)