|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Julie hear arriving downstairs?
2. What kind of bread does McGrath offer Ducane?
3. What has Kate brought for Ducane?
4. What does Mary ask Ducane about?
5. What does Pierce lose in the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Binally say he tampered with Radeechy's body?
2. How has Ducane's attitude towards Biranne changed?
3. How does Richard start his off his meeting with Paula?
4. How does Ducane react to Judy's advances?
5. Describe the vault.
6. How do Pierce and Ducane get themselves above the tideline?
7. What did Radeecy write in his suicide note?
8. How does Kate react to Jessica's letter?
9. Describe the layout of the cave.
10. What does Jessica find out about Ducane at the end of chapter 27?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. Explain how the author's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)