|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sitting with Mary on the boat?
2. Who does Ducane meet with in chapter 37?
3. Who tells Pierce he is boring?
4. What does Paul confess to Ducane?
5. What does Pierce have tucked into his pants?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Kate's feelings for Ducane changed?
2. How do Pierce and Ducane get themselves above the tideline?
3. Why does Binally say he tampered with Radeechy's body?
4. What does Jessica think about when she looks into the long mirror?
5. Describe the layout of the cave.
6. What does Jessica find out about Ducane at the end of chapter 27?
7. Why does Ducane think the sender sent Kate Jessica's letter?
8. What does Willy tell Mary in this chapter?
9. How does Mar react when she sees Mingo, Pierce and Ducane swimming out of the cave?
10. How does Ducane orgaize everyone when he hears Pierce has swum to the cave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author wrote The Nice and the Good in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine what expresses about 1960s society:
1) The estate.
2) Ducane's womanizing .
3) The occult.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)