|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessica sniff when she is in Ducane's bedroom?
2. What are the twins examining on the beach?
3. Where does Willy say he is going for a few days?
4. Who does Willy say has proposed to him?
5. What part of Barbara's body does Pierce touch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Richard amputate Eric's leg?
2. What did McGrath use to do for Radeechy?
3. Why does Pierce say he has been hiding the cat?
4. What do Kate and Ducane talk about as they walk towards Willy's cottage?
5. How does Richard start his off his meeting with Paula?
6. How does Ducane help Biranne in chapter 37?
7. What does Octavian think is strange about Radeechy's death?
8. What do Kate and Octavia talk about later that night?
9. What evidence does Ducane have against Biranne?
10. Why does Binally say he tampered with Radeechy's body?
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author have tot change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
What is a premise? Why is a premise important to a story? How does Murdoch use her premise to develop meaning in the story?
This section contains 1,360 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)