|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Barbara's body does Pierce touch?
2. What does Barbara tell Willy she has learned to play?
3. What is the picture of on the front of the postcard?
4. Who does Ducane think is the key to Radeech's death?
5. What does Paula want to buy for Willy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What terrible thing does Willy say happened to him as a child?
2. What does Octavian think is strange about Radeechy's death?
3. What does Mary tell Ducane is making her unhappy?
4. Why does John Ducane want to break up with Jessica?
5. Describe the meeting between Kate and Fiver.
6. What is Mary thinking about as she walks along the beach?
7. What does Willy think about Mary?
8. How does Willy react when Mary asks him to marry her?
9. What is Kate thinking about as she walks along the beach?
10. Why is Ducane envious of Willy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in two of the following scenarios:
1. Radeecy's fakes his suicide.
2. The police ask all the characters to be called in for questioning.
3. Biranne is found guilty of Radeechy's murder.
4. Pierce dies in the cave.
Essay Topic 2
What problems do Pierce's generation face? How are the problems for Pierce's generation different to the problems Ducane's generation faced? Identify and discuss a problem facing your own generation.
Essay Topic 3
Replace the play's London setting with one of the following cities:
1. New York.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)