|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mary upset at Willy?
2. Why does Willy ask Barabara not to play for him?
3. What has Ducane treated Jessica like?
4. What does Judy say Radeechy never did to her?
5. Where else did the police find Biranne's finger prints?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willy think about Mary?
2. Why does Kate think it is wonderful to fall in love with an old friend?
3. Why does Pierce say he has been hiding the cat?
4. Why did Judy and the others start going to the vault?
5. How are the main characters connected?
6. How does Jessica enter Ducane's bedroom?
7. Why is Mary okay with Ducane hitting Pierce?
8. Why is Ducane envious of Willy?
9. What does Octavian think is strange about Radeechy's death?
10. Why is Ducane worried about his affair with Jessica?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Your parent or guardian has been given an opportunity to transfer to a job in Alaska. The transfer would neither help nor hurt his career, and all moving costs would be paid by the company.
2. Think about how your family's lives would change if you were to move to Alaska.
3. Now write to persuade your parent or guardian to take or to turn down the transfer to Alaska.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do each countries opinion about the book differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
What are the main turning points of the novel? How does Murdoch develop her story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after each turning point?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)