|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate like the idea of doing with Willy?
2. Where does Pierce want to swim to?
3. What does Paula think Eric's hands always smelled like?
4. What kind of animal does the author compare Theo's face to?
5. Whose house does Jessica arrive at at the beginning of chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the meeting between Kate and Fiver.
2. What does Mary tell Ducane is making her unhappy?
3. Why does Theo puzzle Mary?
4. Why does Willy's use of German irritate Mary?
5. How does Jessica enter Ducane's bedroom?
6. What does Willy think about Mary?
7. Why did Judy and the others start going to the vault?
8. Why is Ducane worried about his affair with Jessica?
9. How does Willy react to Barbara's advances?
10. Why does John Ducane want to break up with Jessica?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do each countries opinion about the book differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. Explain how the author's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)