Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessica sniff when she is in Ducane's bedroom?
2. What are the twins examining on the beach?
3. Where does Willy say he is going for a few days?
4. Who does Willy say has proposed to him?
5. What part of Barbara's body does Pierce touch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Richard amputate Eric's leg?
2. What did McGrath use to do for Radeechy?
3. Why does Pierce say he has been hiding the cat?
4. What do Kate and Ducane talk about as they walk towards Willy's cottage?
5. How does Richard start his off his meeting with Paula?
6. How does Ducane help Biranne in chapter 37?
7. What does Octavian think is strange about Radeechy's death?
8. What do Kate and Octavia talk about later that night?
9. What evidence does Ducane have against Biranne?
10. Why does Binally say he tampered with Radeechy's body?
Replace the play's London setting with one of the following cities:
1. New York.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
1. Your parent or guardian has been given an opportunity to transfer to a job in Alaska. The transfer would neither help nor hurt his career, and all moving costs would be paid by the company.
2. Think about how your family's lives would change if you were to move to Alaska.
3. Now write to persuade your parent or guardian to take or to turn down the transfer to Alaska.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)