|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward ask his mother if he can have?
2. What does Paula want to buy for Willy?
3. What did Willy persuade his family to buy so he could play with the dog?
4. What is Willy doing when John enters his cottage?
5. What language does Barbara want Willy to teach her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary tell Ducane is making her unhappy?
2. Why does Jessica say she is searching Ducane's room?
3. What do Kate and Octavian talk about before they go to bed?
4. How does Jessica enter Ducane's bedroom?
5. How does Willy react when Mary asks him to marry her?
6. Why does John Ducane want to break up with Jessica?
7. What does Ducane say he noticed in the pictures he took at the scene of Radeechy's death?
8. What does Judy say her and Radeechy did in the vaults?
9. How does Willy react to Barbara's advances?
10. Why is the Prime minister concerned about Radeechy's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in two of the following scenarios:
1. Radeecy's fakes his suicide.
2. The police ask all the characters to be called in for questioning.
3. Biranne is found guilty of Radeechy's murder.
4. Pierce dies in the cave.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author have tot change the novel if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)