|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal has gone missing?
2. What does Willy tell Jessica she is?
3. What is the name of the women the men think the newspapers are going to write about?
4. What is Willy doing when John enters his cottage?
5. Who does Ducane think is the key to Radeech's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ducane say he noticed in the pictures he took at the scene of Radeechy's death?
2. Why is Mary okay with Ducane hitting Pierce?
3. What does Judy say her and Radeechy did in the vaults?
4. How does Jessica enter Ducane's bedroom?
5. Why is Ducane envious of Willy?
6. Why does Jessica say she is searching Ducane's room?
7. What did McGrath use to do for Radeechy?
8. Why did Judy and the others start going to the vault?
9. Why is the Prime minister concerned about Radeechy's death?
10. Why does Theo puzzle Mary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do each countries opinion about the book differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote The Nice and the Good in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
What problems do Pierce's generation face? How are the problems for Pierce's generation different to the problems Ducane's generation faced? Identify and discuss a problem facing your own generation.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)