|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Willy persuade his family to buy so he could play with the dog?
2. At whose house does Willy arrive at the beginning of chapter 22?
3. Where does Pierce want to swim to?
4. What does Judy McGrath call Ducane?
5. What is Richard's Biranne's position at the company?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pierce say he has been hiding the cat?
2. What evidence does Ducane have against Biranne?
3. What does Octavian think is strange about Radeechy's death?
4. Why is the Prime minister concerned about Radeechy's death?
5. Why is Mary okay with Ducane hitting Pierce?
6. What does Willy think about Mary?
7. What does Eric write in his letter to Paula?
8. Why does John Ducane want to break up with Jessica?
9. Why does Theo puzzle Mary?
10. Why does Jessica say she is searching Ducane's room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Ducane during the story:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do each countries opinion about the book differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)