|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Ducane spend the previous evening with?
2. Who does Willy say has proposed to him?
3. What is the picture of on the front of the postcard?
4. Who does Ducane think Judy McGrath is?
5. What part of the UK does Octavian plan to visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jessica say she is searching Ducane's room?
2. What is Mary thinking about as she walks along the beach?
3. Why is the Prime minister concerned about Radeechy's death?
4. What does Judy say her and Radeechy did in the vaults?
5. What does Mary tell Ducane is making her unhappy?
6. What did McGrath use to do for Radeechy?
7. How does Willy react when Mary asks him to marry her?
8. What does Willy think about Mary?
9. What does Ducane say he noticed in the pictures he took at the scene of Radeechy's death?
10. Why does Willy's use of German irritate Mary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. How does the author use all these elements to create a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
What is a premise? Why is a premise important to a story? How does Murdoch use her premise to develop meaning in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do each countries opinion about the book differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)