|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessica do when Ducane tries to tell her he cannot see her again?
2. What does Barbara tell the twins she does not want to do?
3. What country did Eric move to?
4. What does Judy say Radeechy never did to her?
5. Who does Octavian suggest they telephone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does Ducane have against Biranne?
2. Why does Jessica say she is searching Ducane's room?
3. What do Kate and Ducane talk about as they walk towards Willy's cottage?
4. What does Octavian think is strange about Radeechy's death?
5. What does Mary tell Ducane is making her unhappy?
6. How are the main characters connected?
7. Why does Pierce say he has been hiding the cat?
8. What does Ducane say he noticed in the pictures he took at the scene of Radeechy's death?
9. Why does Kate think it is wonderful to fall in love with an old friend?
10. Why does Willy's use of German irritate Mary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Ducane during the story:
Essay Topic 2
What is a premise? Why is a premise important to a story? How does Murdoch use her premise to develop meaning in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)