|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where else did the police find Biranne's finger prints?
2. Where does Pierce want to swim to?
3. What is Richard's Biranne's position at the company?
4. Whose house does Jessica arrive at at the beginning of chapter 23?
5. Who has John received a postcard from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Theo puzzle Mary?
2. What did Radeecy write in his suicide note?
3. How does Ducane orgaize everyone when he hears Pierce has swum to the cave?
4. What does Judy say her and Radeechy did in the vaults?
5. How does Mary react to Willy breaking their engagement?
6. How does Pierce react when he sees Mingo?
7. Why do Octavian and Kate decide to forgive Ducane?
8. Why is Ducane envious of Willy?
9. What do Kate and Ducane talk about as they walk towards Willy's cottage?
10. Why does McGrath say the room smells so bad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do each countries opinion about the book differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 1,369 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)