|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Ducane want McGrath to visit him?
2. What part of Barbara's body does Pierce touch?
3. Where is everyone at the beginning of chapter 25?
4. What part of the UK does Octavian plan to visit?
5. What does Ducane want from Biranne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Kate and Octavia talk about later that night?
2. What does Octavian think is strange about Radeechy's death?
3. Why does Willy's use of German irritate Mary?
4. Why does Theo puzzle Mary?
5. What is Kate thinking about as she walks along the beach?
6. Why does Pierce say he has been hiding the cat?
7. What evidence does Ducane have against Biranne?
8. Why is Ducane envious of Willy?
9. Why did Judy and the others start going to the vault?
10. How are the main characters connected?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is a premise? Why is a premise important to a story? How does Murdoch use her premise to develop meaning in the story?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)