|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sea does Willy say he went on vacation to?
2. What does Barbara think has gone wrong with Pierce?
3. What is Willy doing when John enters his cottage?
4. What has Ducane treated Jessica like?
5. Who did Ducane spend the previous evening with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Kate and Ducane talk about as they walk towards Willy's cottage?
2. What do Kate and Octavia talk about later that night?
3. What evidence does Ducane have against Biranne?
4. Why is Ducane worried about his affair with Jessica?
5. Why is the Prime minister concerned about Radeechy's death?
6. Why does Pierce say he has been hiding the cat?
7. What does Ducane say he noticed in the pictures he took at the scene of Radeechy's death?
8. How are the main characters connected?
9. Why is Ducane envious of Willy?
10. How does Willy react when Mary asks him to marry her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Replace the play's London setting with one of the following cities:
1. New York.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do each countries opinion about the book differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
The author wrote The Nice and the Good in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)