|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal has gone missing?
2. Who did Ducane spend the previous evening with?
3. Who does Octavian have to give a report to?
4. What kind of animal does the author compare Theo's face to?
5. What is the picture of on the front of the postcard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did McGrath use to do for Radeechy?
2. Why does Pierce say he has been hiding the cat?
3. Why does John Ducane want to break up with Jessica?
4. What does Octavian think is strange about Radeechy's death?
5. What does Willy think about Mary?
6. Why is Ducane envious of Willy?
7. Why does Kate think it is wonderful to fall in love with an old friend?
8. Why is Ducane worried about his affair with Jessica?
9. What terrible thing does Willy say happened to him as a child?
10. What evidence does Ducane have against Biranne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the characters alive at the end of the book. Compare his or her character to who he or she was at the beginning of the book to who he or she is at the end.
1) What did your character hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2) What events changed your character ideas about life?
3) How has your character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in two of the following scenarios:
1. Radeecy's fakes his suicide.
2. The police ask all the characters to be called in for questioning.
3. Biranne is found guilty of Radeechy's murder.
4. Pierce dies in the cave.
Essay Topic 3
Replace the play's London setting with one of the following cities:
1. New York.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)