|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does the author compare Theo's face to?
2. Who does Willy say has proposed to him?
3. What does Barbara think has gone wrong with Pierce?
4. Who does McGrath say was often at Radeechy's house?
5. Where does Paula put Eric's letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Octavian think is strange about Radeechy's death?
2. What does Judy say her and Radeechy did in the vaults?
3. What terrible thing does Willy say happened to him as a child?
4. What do Kate and Octavian talk about before they go to bed?
5. What does Ducane say he noticed in the pictures he took at the scene of Radeechy's death?
6. Why is Mary okay with Ducane hitting Pierce?
7. Why does Pierce say he has been hiding the cat?
8. How does Jessica enter Ducane's bedroom?
9. Why did Judy and the others start going to the vault?
10. Why is the Prime minister concerned about Radeechy's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in two of the following scenarios:
1. Radeecy's fakes his suicide.
2. The police ask all the characters to be called in for questioning.
3. Biranne is found guilty of Radeechy's murder.
4. Pierce dies in the cave.
Essay Topic 2
What problems do Pierce's generation face? How are the problems for Pierce's generation different to the problems Ducane's generation faced? Identify and discuss a problem facing your own generation.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author have tot change the novel if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)