Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessica sniff when she is in Ducane's bedroom?
2. What are the twins examining on the beach?
3. Where does Willy say he is going for a few days?
4. Who does Willy say has proposed to him?
5. What part of Barbara's body does Pierce touch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Richard amputate Eric's leg?
2. What did McGrath use to do for Radeechy?
3. Why does Pierce say he has been hiding the cat?
4. What do Kate and Ducane talk about as they walk towards Willy's cottage?
5. How does Richard start his off his meeting with Paula?
6. How does Ducane help Biranne in chapter 37?
7. What does Octavian think is strange about Radeechy's death?
8. What do Kate and Octavia talk about later that night?
9. What evidence does Ducane have against Biranne?
10. Why does Binally say he tampered with Radeechy's body?
Choose one of the following and examine what expresses about 1960s society:
1) The estate.
2) Ducane's womanizing .
3) The occult.
What problems do Pierce's generation face? How are the problems for Pierce's generation different to the problems Ducane's generation faced? Identify and discuss a problem facing your own generation.
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. How does the author use all these elements to create a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)