|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was it strange that the gun was lying next to Radeechy's right hand?
2. Who does Ducane think McGrath sold information to?
3. On what part of the gun did the police find Biranne's finger prints?
4. Where does Paula put Eric's letter?
5. What does Kate like the idea of doing with Willy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Judy and the others start going to the vault?
2. What is Mary thinking about as she walks along the beach?
3. What does Willy think about Mary?
4. What does Mary tell Ducane is making her unhappy?
5. Why does Theo puzzle Mary?
6. What do Kate and Octavian talk about before they go to bed?
7. What did McGrath use to do for Radeechy?
8. What does Ducane say he noticed in the pictures he took at the scene of Radeechy's death?
9. What do Kate and Octavia talk about later that night?
10. What do Kate and Ducane talk about as they walk towards Willy's cottage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What problems do Pierce's generation face? How are the problems for Pierce's generation different to the problems Ducane's generation faced? Identify and discuss a problem facing your own generation.
Essay Topic 2
1. Your parent or guardian has been given an opportunity to transfer to a job in Alaska. The transfer would neither help nor hurt his career, and all moving costs would be paid by the company.
2. Think about how your family's lives would change if you were to move to Alaska.
3. Now write to persuade your parent or guardian to take or to turn down the transfer to Alaska.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine what expresses about 1960s society:
1) The estate.
2) Ducane's womanizing .
3) The occult.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)