|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara think has gone wrong with Pierce?
2. What kind of animal has gone missing?
3. What language does Barbara want Willy to teach her?
4. What is Jessica Bird's occupation?
5. Who does Ducane think McGrath sold information to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Theo puzzle Mary?
2. What do Kate and Ducane talk about as they walk towards Willy's cottage?
3. What does Judy say her and Radeechy did in the vaults?
4. What did McGrath use to do for Radeechy?
5. What does Ducane say he noticed in the pictures he took at the scene of Radeechy's death?
6. Why is Ducane envious of Willy?
7. Why does Pierce say he has been hiding the cat?
8. What does Mary tell Ducane is making her unhappy?
9. Why does Willy's use of German irritate Mary?
10. Why is the Prime minister concerned about Radeechy's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the main turning points of the novel? How does Murdoch develop her story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after each turning point?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
Essay Topic 3
The author wrote The Nice and the Good in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)