|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ducane write a letter to at the end of the chapter?
2. Who is sitting with Mary on the boat?
(a) Theo and Barbara.
(b) Kate and Octavian.
(c) Willy and Theo.
(d) Paula and Willy.
3. What does Mary wrap around Ducane?
(a) A duvet.
(b) Her overcoat.
(c) A blanket.
(d) Her shawl.
4. Who does the short letter say it is from?
(a) A hopeless romantic.
(b) An enemy.
(c) An admirer.
(d) A well wisher.
5. What does Biranne hand Ducane?
(a) Radeechy's photographs.
(b) Radeechy's occult book.
(c) Radeechy's suicide note.
(d) Radeechy's hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Paula waiting to meet?
2. What does Ducane tell Mary is wrong with him?
3. Which door does McGrath say was usually locked?
4. What has Kate brought for Ducane?
5. What does the author say we think with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ducane feel about Mary?
2. How does Pierce react when he sees Mingo?
3. Why does McGrath say the room smells so bad?
4. What does Mary think about on the boat?
5. Why does Ducane think the sender sent Kate Jessica's letter?
6. How does Ducane help Biranne in chapter 37?
7. What do the three women write in their letters to Ducane?
8. What did Radeecy write in his suicide note?
9. How does Ducane react to Judy's advances?
10. How did Richard amputate Eric's leg?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)