|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose face does Ducane imagine when he looks for Pierce?
2. What does Ducane think McGrath could do to him?
(a) Knock him out.
(b) Murder him.
(c) Mug him.
(d) Rape him.
3. What does Julie say Ducane is?
(a) A communist.
(b) A libertine.
(c) A puritan.
(d) A womaniser.
4. Why is Durane angry in chapter 28?
(a) Biranne keeps touching him.
(b) Willy interrupts the interview.
(c) Jessica interrupts the interview.
(d) The interview is going badly.
5. What does Mary wonder what it is like to be?
(c) In love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ducane go while Judy gets dressed?
2. Which two characters do Ducane and Kate think are good for each other?
3. Who does Theo tell Willy to forgive?
4. Who is the first to appear from the cave?
5. What kind of bread does McGrath offer Ducane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Octavian and Kate decide to forgive Ducane?
2. Why does Mary think she is in a terrible position?
3. How have Kate's feelings for Ducane changed?
4. Why does McGrath say the room smells so bad?
5. How did Richard amputate Eric's leg?
6. How has Ducane's attitude towards Biranne changed?
7. Describe the layout of the cave.
8. How does Mar react when she sees Mingo, Pierce and Ducane swimming out of the cave?
9. What does Willy tell Mary in this chapter?
10. How does Kate react to Jessica's letter?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)