|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which door does McGrath say was usually locked?
(a) The side door.
(b) The back door.
(c) The top door.
(d) The trap door.
2. Which two characters are talking in the kitchen at the beginning of chapter 30?
(a) Kate and John.
(b) Edward and Henrietta.
(c) Jessica and Judy.
(d) Mary and Willy.
3. Where does Ducane go while Judy gets dressed?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The conservatory.
(c) The garden.
(d) The kitchen.
4. What do the twins decide to do at the end of the book?
(a) Play scrabble.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Go swimming.
(d) Play basketball.
5. Who does the short letter say it is from?
(a) An enemy.
(b) A hopeless romantic.
(c) An admirer.
(d) A well wisher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say all human life is compact of?
2. What kind of event does Pierce talk about after Saturday lunch?
3. What do Pierce and Ducane lie on?
4. What person other than Ducane does Jessica think about in chapter 27?
5. Who does Mary see talking on the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the three women write in their letters to Ducane?
2. What does Eric write in his letter to Pala?
3. Why does Judy say she married McGrath?
4. How does Ducane react to Judy's advances?
5. Why do Octavian and Kate decide to forgive Ducane?
6. Why does Mary think she is in a terrible position?
7. How does Ducane feel about Mary?
8. How has Ducane's attitude towards Biranne changed?
9. How does Mar react when she sees Mingo, Pierce and Ducane swimming out of the cave?
10. How does Ducane orgaize everyone when he hears Pierce has swum to the cave?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)