|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pierce have tucked into his pants?
(a) A knife.
(b) A torch.
(c) A flask.
(d) A gun.
2. What does Octavian not tell his wife about?
(a) His child by another woman.
(b) His late nights with his secretary.
(c) His gambling problem.
(d) His drinking problem.
3. What bad news does Willy break to Mary in chapter 32?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He has to go back to Scotland.
(d) He cannot marry her.
4. What reason does Biranne give for touching Radeechy's body?
(a) He was trying to revive him.
(b) He was seeing if he was alive.
(c) He wanted to touch him for the last time.
(d) He was taking back the money he owed him.
5. What picture do Paula and Richard sit in front of?
(a) The Peake picture.
(b) The Bacon picture.
(c) The Bronzino picture.
(d) The Van Gogh picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ducane write a letter to at the end of the chapter?
2. What does Richard promise to stop doing?
3. What does Biranne say he pushed out of the way as he was touching Radeechy?
4. What does Mary place on the basket of raspberries?
5. What foreign city did Kate and Octavian go for their vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Radeecy write in his suicide note?
2. What does Jessica think about when she looks into the long mirror?
3. How does Ducane help Biranne in chapter 37?
4. How did Richard amputate Eric's leg?
5. Why do Octavian and Kate decide to forgive Ducane?
6. Describe the vault.
7. Describe the layout of the cave.
8. How does Mary react to Willy breaking their engagement?
9. How does Mar react when she sees Mingo, Pierce and Ducane swimming out of the cave?
10. Why does Binally say he tampered with Radeechy's body?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)