|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pierce and Ducane lie on?
(a) A table.
(b) A shelf.
(c) A piece of driftwood.
(d) A chimney.
2. What does Richard promise to stop doing?
(b) Having affairs.
(c) Being untidy.
3. Who is the longer letter addressed to?
4. What person other than Ducane does Jessica think about in chapter 27?
5. Who is Ducane having a drink with at the beginning of chapter 39?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary tell Willy something is happening?
2. What does Ducane tell Paula to try and find?
3. Where did Kate and Octavian spend most of their time in Tangier?
4. What kind of animal is Mingo?
5. Who is Paula waiting to meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does McGrath say the room smells so bad?
2. What does Eric write in his letter to Pala?
3. How did Richard amputate Eric's leg?
4. How have Kate's feelings for Ducane changed?
5. How does Ducane feel about Mary?
6. What does Willy tell Mary in this chapter?
7. Why does Ducane resign from his job?
8. How does Ducane react to Judy's advances?
9. How has Ducane's attitude towards Biranne changed?
10. Why does Binally say he tampered with Radeechy's body?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)