|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the novel Willy and Paula are reading?
2. What picture do Paula and Richard sit in front of?
(a) The Peake picture.
(b) The Bronzino picture.
(c) The Van Gogh picture.
(d) The Bacon picture.
3. What does Ducane think McGrath could do to him?
(a) Rape him.
(b) Murder him.
(c) Knock him out.
(d) Mug him.
4. Where is Paula at the beginning of chapter 38?
(a) The Tate Gallery.
(b) The National Gallery.
(c) The London Musuem.
(d) Tower Bridge.
5. What does the author say all human life is compact of?
(a) Happiness and misery.
(b) Accident and chance.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Luck and destiny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters do Ducane and Kate think are good for each other?
2. What does Biranne think Radeechy had odd tastes in?
3. Who does Ducane write a letter to at the end of the chapter?
4. What American city does Eric want to live in?
5. Where does Willy hide when he sees Jessica approach the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Radeecy write in his suicide note?
2. What do the three women write in their letters to Ducane?
3. Why does Mary think she is in a terrible position?
4. What does Eric write in his letter to Pala?
5. How does Richard start his off his meeting with Paula?
6. How does Ducane help Biranne in chapter 37?
7. Why does McGrath say the room smells so bad?
8. Why does Judy say she married McGrath?
9. How does Mar react when she sees Mingo, Pierce and Ducane swimming out of the cave?
10. How has Ducane's attitude towards Biranne changed?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)