|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ducane say he wants?
(a) Someone to praise him.
(b) Someone to love him.
(c) Someone to be there for him.
(d) Someone to comfort him.
2. What do the police shine their bright light on?
(a) The rocks.
(b) The sea.
(c) The cliff.
(d) The meadow.
3. Where country has Eric now decided to move to?
(d) South Africa.
4. What do both Ducane and Pirece put on to ward off the cold?
(a) Pierce's jersey.
(b) Ducane's jersey.
(c) Pierce's shirt.
(d) Ducane's shirt.
5. Why does Ducane say he cannot see Kate anymore?
(a) She found out about Jessica.
(b) She wants too much.
(c) She is dangerous,
(d) He is too much in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the short letter say it is from?
2. Why does Ducane think he should not pity Judy?
3. Who gets married at the end of the book?
4. What does Paul confess to Ducane?
5. What does Pierce see when he turns on his torch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kate react to Jessica's letter?
2. How does Ducane feel about Mary?
3. Why does Ducane think the sender sent Kate Jessica's letter?
4. What does Eric write in his letter to Pala?
5. Why do Octavian and Kate decide to forgive Ducane?
6. How does Richard start his off his meeting with Paula?
7. How does Pierce react when he sees Mingo?
8. Why does Judy say she married McGrath?
9. How does Ducane orgaize everyone when he hears Pierce has swum to the cave?
10. How does Ducane help Biranne in chapter 37?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)