|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the twins decide to do at the end of the book?
(a) Play scrabble.
(b) Go swimming.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Play basketball.
2. Where is Paula at the beginning of chapter 38?
(a) The National Gallery.
(b) The London Musuem.
(c) Tower Bridge.
(d) The Tate Gallery.
3. Who does Julie hear arriving downstairs?
(a) The milkman.
(b) The pieman.
(c) The breadman.
(d) The postman.
4. What color is the candle stick McGrath uses for the candle?
5. What bad news does Willy break to Mary in chapter 32?
(a) He cannot marry her.
(b) He has to go back to Scotland.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He has cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the novel Willy and Paula are reading?
2. Who does Ducane ask Mary about?
3. Why is Durane angry in chapter 28?
4. What does Pierce lose in the water?
5. Who does Ducane meet with in chapter 37?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ducane resign from his job?
2. What does Jessica think about when she looks into the long mirror?
3. Describe the vault.
4. What did Radeecy write in his suicide note?
5. What does Willy tell Mary in this chapter?
6. Describe the layout of the cave.
7. How do Pierce and Ducane get themselves above the tideline?
8. Why does Ducane think the sender sent Kate Jessica's letter?
9. How does Mary react to Willy breaking their engagement?
10. How has Ducane's attitude towards Biranne changed?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)