|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mary tell Willy something is happening?
(a) In her head.
(b) In Scotland.
(c) On the beach.
(d) On the roof.
2. What does Biranne say he pushed out of the way as he was touching Radeechy?
(a) The gun.
(b) The stapler.
(c) The knife.
(d) The newspaper.
3. How did Radeechy kill his wife?
(a) He pushed her off a cliff.
(b) He pushed her out of a window.
(c) He ran her over.
(d) He drowned her.
4. What kind of animal is Mingo?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bear.
(d) A monkey.
5. What color is the candle stick McGrath uses for the candle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ducane write a letter to at the end of the chapter?
2. Who is the longer letter addressed to?
3. Which two characters are talking in the kitchen at the beginning of chapter 30?
4. Who does Ducane ask Mary about?
5. Which door does McGrath say was usually locked?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Pierce and Ducane get themselves above the tideline?
2. How does Ducane help Biranne in chapter 37?
3. Why does Ducane resign from his job?
4. Why does Judy say she married McGrath?
5. What does Jessica think about when she looks into the long mirror?
6. How does Pierce react when he sees Mingo?
7. How does Mary react to Willy breaking their engagement?
8. How has Ducane's attitude towards Biranne changed?
9. What do the three women write in their letters to Ducane?
10. Describe the layout of the cave.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)