|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary see talking on the beach?
(a) Ducane and Kate.
(b) Ducane and Paula.
(c) Kate and Octavia.
(d) Pierce and Willy.
2. What is the name of the novel Willy and Paula are reading?
3. What does Octavian not tell his wife about?
(a) His gambling problem.
(b) His late nights with his secretary.
(c) His child by another woman.
(d) His drinking problem.
4. What city did Richard tell Paula he was moving to?
(b) New York.
5. Where is Paula at the beginning of chapter 38?
(a) The London Musuem.
(b) Tower Bridge.
(c) The National Gallery.
(d) The Tate Gallery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ducane think McGrath could do to him?
2. What do the twins decide to do at the end of the book?
3. Who arrives at Ducane's house at the beginning of chapter 28?
4. Who does Ducane ask Mary about?
5. What does Mary ask Ducane about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Binally say he tampered with Radeechy's body?
2. What does Mary think about on the boat?
3. How did Richard amputate Eric's leg?
4. How does Mar react when she sees Mingo, Pierce and Ducane swimming out of the cave?
5. What does Richard promise Paula?
6. Why does McGrath say the room smells so bad?
7. Why does Mary think she is in a terrible position?
8. Describe the vault.
9. How does Pierce react when he sees Mingo?
10. How does Mary react to Willy breaking their engagement?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)