|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say all human life is compact of?
(a) Happiness and misery.
(b) Accident and chance.
(c) Luck and destiny.
(d) Love and hate.
2. What bad news does Willy break to Mary in chapter 32?
(a) He cannot marry her.
(b) He has to go back to Scotland.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He has cancer.
3. What kind of bread does McGrath offer Ducane?
(a) Milk bread.
(b) Black bread.
(c) Whole meal bread.
(d) White bread.
4. What does Ducane say he wants?
(a) Someone to love him.
(b) Someone to praise him.
(c) Someone to be there for him.
(d) Someone to comfort him.
5. What reason does Biranne give for touching Radeechy's body?
(a) He was seeing if he was alive.
(b) He wanted to touch him for the last time.
(c) He was trying to revive him.
(d) He was taking back the money he owed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where country has Eric now decided to move to?
2. What was Richard doing while Paula was talking to Eric?
3. What picture do Paula and Richard sit in front of?
4. Who is Paula going to meet in London?
5. What does Pierce see when he turns on his torch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Octavian and Kate decide to forgive Ducane?
2. What does Willy tell Mary in this chapter?
3. How does Richard start his off his meeting with Paula?
4. How does Ducane orgaize everyone when he hears Pierce has swum to the cave?
5. Why does Judy say she married McGrath?
6. What does Mary think about on the boat?
7. How does Mar react when she sees Mingo, Pierce and Ducane swimming out of the cave?
8. How has Ducane's attitude towards Biranne changed?
9. Why does Mary think she is in a terrible position?
10. How does Mary react to Willy breaking their engagement?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)