|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sitting with Mary on the boat?
(a) Paula and Willy.
(b) Kate and Octavian.
(c) Willy and Theo.
(d) Theo and Barbara.
2. What does Mary say she cannot do with Willy?
(a) Open up.
(b) Be serious.
(c) Have fun.
(d) Share things.
3. What is Willy's surname?
4. Who does Mary see talking on the beach?
(a) Kate and Octavia.
(b) Ducane and Paula.
(c) Ducane and Kate.
(d) Pierce and Willy.
5. Who gets married at the end of the book?
(a) Pierce and Barbara.
(b) Paula and Richard.
(c) Theo and Kate.
(d) Mary and Ducane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose face does Ducane imagine when he looks for Pierce?
2. Who is the first letter that Ducane opens from?
3. What kind of bread does McGrath offer Ducane?
4. Where did Kate and Octavian spend most of their time in Tangier?
5. What does Mary ask Ducane about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mar react when she sees Mingo, Pierce and Ducane swimming out of the cave?
2. How do Pierce and Ducane get themselves above the tideline?
3. What does Mary think about on the boat?
4. How does Kate react to Jessica's letter?
5. What does Jessica find out about Ducane at the end of chapter 27?
6. Why does Binally say he tampered with Radeechy's body?
7. Why does Judy say she married McGrath?
8. How does Ducane feel about Mary?
9. What does Eric write in his letter to Pala?
10. Why does Ducane think the sender sent Kate Jessica's letter?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)