|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ducane find naked in his bed?
2. Why do Barabara and Pierce think it is not a sin that they have just had sex?
(a) They are going to get married.
(b) They are not religious.
(c) They love each other.
(d) They used protection.
3. What do Pierce and Ducane lie on?
(a) A shelf.
(b) A piece of driftwood.
(c) A chimney.
(d) A table.
4. Where does Pierce swim to?
(a) A buoy.
(b) An island.
(c) A cave.
(d) A crag.
5. What does Pierce have tucked into his pants?
(a) A flask.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A torch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ducane say he cannot see Kate anymore?
2. Whose presence calms Ducane?
3. Who is the longer letter addressed to?
4. What is Willy's surname?
5. What does Biranne hand Ducane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary think about on the boat?
2. How does Mar react when she sees Mingo, Pierce and Ducane swimming out of the cave?
3. How does Ducane help Biranne in chapter 37?
4. How does Mary react to Willy breaking their engagement?
5. How does Ducane feel about Mary?
6. Describe the vault.
7. Why does Judy say she married McGrath?
8. How did Richard amputate Eric's leg?
9. Why does Mary think she is in a terrible position?
10. How has Ducane's attitude towards Biranne changed?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)