|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of event does Pierce talk about after Saturday lunch?
(a) A poetry reading.
(b) A rock concert.
(c) A happening.
(d) A movie screening.
2. Where country has Eric now decided to move to?
(d) South Africa.
3. Where do McGrath and Ducane go to at the beginning of chapter 26?
(a) The lakes.
(b) The vaults.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The sewers.
4. What picture do Paula and Richard sit in front of?
(a) The Bronzino picture.
(b) The Van Gogh picture.
(c) The Bacon picture.
(d) The Peake picture.
5. What do the twins decide to do at the end of the book?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Play scrabble.
(c) Play basketball.
(d) Go swimming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Kate and Octavian spend most of their time in Tangier?
2. Where is Paula at the beginning of chapter 38?
3. What color is the candle stick McGrath uses for the candle?
4. What does Mary put the raspberries in?
5. Whose face does Ducane imagine when he looks for Pierce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eric write in his letter to Pala?
2. What does Richard promise Paula?
3. Describe the layout of the cave.
4. How does Ducane orgaize everyone when he hears Pierce has swum to the cave?
5. Why does Binally say he tampered with Radeechy's body?
6. How did Richard amputate Eric's leg?
7. How have Kate's feelings for Ducane changed?
8. How does Ducane feel about Mary?
9. Why does Mary think she is in a terrible position?
10. How do Pierce and Ducane get themselves above the tideline?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)