|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal does the author compare Theo's face to?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A hippo.
2. Who is Edward looking for?
3. What is Richard's Biranne's position at the company?
(a) Head of department.
(c) Computer analyst.
(d) Chief engineer.
4. What is Willy doing when John enters his cottage?
(a) Listening to music.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Watching a film.
5. What does Barbara tell Willy she has learned to play?
(a) A piano falsetto.
(b) A violin fourtet.
(c) A flute quartet.
(d) A clarinet quartet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary tell Willy she wished he did more?
2. What is Jessica Bird's occupation?
3. What is the name of Mary's 15-year-old son?
4. What has Ducane treated Jessica like?
5. Where else did the police find Biranne's finger prints?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the three women write in their letters to Ducane?
2. What do Kate and Octavian talk about before they go to bed?
3. Why does Ducane think the sender sent Kate Jessica's letter?
4. What does Jessica think about when she looks into the long mirror?
5. How does Kate react to Jessica's letter?
6. How are the main characters connected?
7. Why is Ducane worried about his affair with Jessica?
8. What does Ducane say he noticed in the pictures he took at the scene of Radeechy's death?
9. What is Kate thinking about as she walks along the beach?
10. What do Kate and Ducane talk about as they walk towards Willy's cottage?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)