|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the women the men think the newspapers are going to write about?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(b) Joan of Arc.
(c) Anne Frank.
(d) Annie Nightingale.
2. What does Mary use to catch the green piece of glass Willy throws?
(a) Her hat.
(b) Her mouth.
(c) Her skirt.
(d) Her hands.
3. Who did Ducane spend the previous evening with?
4. What does Paula think Eric's hands always smelled like?
(b) Dog hair.
5. What kind of alcoholic drink does Theo drink in Willy's cottage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jessica tell the man she has come from?
2. What does Jessica tell the man she wants to measure?
3. What does Barbara think has gone wrong with Pierce?
4. Who has John received a postcard from?
5. Which mode of transport is Eric using to travel back to England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does Ducane have against Biranne?
2. Why does Kate think it is wonderful to fall in love with an old friend?
3. Why does Theo puzzle Mary?
4. What terrible thing does Willy say happened to him as a child?
5. How are the main characters connected?
6. What does Judy say her and Radeechy did in the vaults?
7. Why does John Ducane want to break up with Jessica?
8. Why did Judy and the others start going to the vault?
9. Why is Mary okay with Ducane hitting Pierce?
10. How does Willy react to Barbara's advances?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)