|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Judy holding?
(a) A gun.
(b) A walking stick.
(c) A hair brush.
(d) A riding whip.
2. Who does Octavian suggest they telephone?
(b) The sheriff.
(c) The military.
(d) Scotland Yard.
3. What does Ducane want from Biranne?
(b) A set of keys.
4. Where does Paula put Eric's letter?
(a) In her pocket.
(b) In the post box.
(c) In a shoe box.
(d) Under her bed.
5. Why was it strange that the gun was lying next to Radeechy's right hand?
(a) He was shot in the right hand.
(b) He was left handed.
(c) His right hand was broken.
(d) The bullets did not match.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Barbara want Willy to teach her?
2. Where does Mary follow Willy to at the beginning of chapter 19?
3. What country is Fivey from?
4. What does Theo suffer from?
5. What does Willy tell Jessica she is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John Ducane want to break up with Jessica?
2. Why does Kate think it is wonderful to fall in love with an old friend?
3. How are the main characters connected?
4. Why is Ducane envious of Willy?
5. What does Mary tell Ducane is making her unhappy?
6. Why does Theo puzzle Mary?
7. Why does Pierce say he has been hiding the cat?
8. Why is Ducane worried about his affair with Jessica?
9. What evidence does Ducane have against Biranne?
10. Describe the meeting between Kate and Fiver.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)