Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard promise to stop doing?
(a) Having affairs.
(d) Being untidy.
2. What kind of event does Pierce talk about after Saturday lunch?
(a) A rock concert.
(b) A poetry reading.
(c) A movie screening.
(d) A happening.
3. What does Mary wrap around Ducane?
(a) A blanket.
(b) Her shawl.
(c) Her overcoat.
(d) A duvet.
4. Who does Ducane write a letter to at the end of the chapter?
5. Why does Ducane think he should not pity Judy?
(a) She would not leave him alone.
(b) She could harm him.
(c) She would kill herself.
(d) She would tell everyone.
6. Which door does McGrath say was usually locked?
(a) The trap door.
(b) The side door.
(c) The back door.
(d) The top door.
7. What does Mary ask Ducane about?
(a) His love life.
(b) The cave.
(c) His police work.
(d) His relationship with Kate.
8. What kind of bread does McGrath offer Ducane?
(a) Milk bread.
(b) Black bread.
(c) Whole meal bread.
(d) White bread.
9. What does Ducane toss at Mary?
(a) A raspberry.
(b) A paperweight.
(c) A parcel.
(d) A bookend.
10. What does Octavian not tell his wife about?
(a) His drinking problem.
(b) His late nights with his secretary.
(c) His gambling problem.
(d) His child by another woman.
11. What does Pierce have tucked into his pants?
(a) A knife.
(b) A flask.
(c) A torch.
(d) A gun.
12. What do Pierce and Ducane lie on?
(a) A table.
(b) A shelf.
(c) A chimney.
(d) A piece of driftwood.
13. Who is the first to appear from the cave?
14. What does the author say all human life is compact of?
(a) Accident and chance.
(b) Happiness and misery.
(c) Luck and destiny.
(d) Love and hate.
15. What color is the candle stick McGrath uses for the candle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary say she cannot do with Willy?
2. Who is the longer letter addressed to?
3. Who does Ducane find naked in his bed?
4. Whose presence calms Ducane?
5. What city did Richard tell Paula he was moving to?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)