|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first letter that Ducane opens from?
2. What does Mary wonder what it is like to be?
(b) In love.
3. What does Pierce see when he turns on his torch?
(a) Two caverns.
(b) A stranded whale.
(c) Hundreds of bats.
(d) A dead body.
4. What foreign city did Kate and Octavian go for their vacation?
(a) New York.
5. What does Mary wrap around Ducane?
(a) Her shawl.
(b) Her overcoat.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A duvet.
6. Where is Paula at the beginning of chapter 38?
(a) The National Gallery.
(b) The London Musuem.
(c) The Tate Gallery.
(d) Tower Bridge.
7. What does Paul confess to Ducane?
(a) An old affair.
(b) Drug addiction.
(c) A love child.
8. Why does Ducane say he cannot see Kate anymore?
(a) She is dangerous,
(b) She wants too much.
(c) She found out about Jessica.
(d) He is too much in love.
9. What does Ducane tell Paula to try and find?
(a) A raft.
(b) A sailing boat.
(c) A rowing boat.
(d) A motorboat.
10. Which door does McGrath say was usually locked?
(a) The top door.
(b) The side door.
(c) The trap door.
(d) The back door.
11. Who does Ducane find naked in his bed?
12. Who does the short letter say it is from?
(a) A hopeless romantic.
(b) A well wisher.
(c) An admirer.
(d) An enemy.
13. Where does Willy hide when he sees Jessica approach the house?
(a) The cave.
(b) The playground.
(c) The garden.
(d) The graveyard.
14. What does the author say all human life is compact of?
(a) Luck and destiny.
(b) Happiness and misery.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Accident and chance.
15. What does Biranne say he pushed out of the way as he was touching Radeechy?
(a) The stapler.
(b) The knife.
(c) The gun.
(d) The newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ducane ask Mary about?
2. Where does Mary tell Willy something is happening?
3. What does Octavian not tell his wife about?
4. Who does Ducane meet with in chapter 37?
5. What do the police shine their bright light on?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)