|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ducane find naked in his bed?
2. Who is Paula going to meet in London?
3. What does Mary wrap around Ducane?
(a) A blanket.
(b) Her overcoat.
(c) A duvet.
(d) Her shawl.
4. What color is the candle stick McGrath uses for the candle?
5. What kind of event does Pierce talk about after Saturday lunch?
(a) A poetry reading.
(b) A rock concert.
(c) A movie screening.
(d) A happening.
6. What does Julie say Ducane is?
(a) A puritan.
(b) A libertine.
(c) A communist.
(d) A womaniser.
7. What does Pierce see when he turns on his torch?
(a) Hundreds of bats.
(b) A stranded whale.
(c) Two caverns.
(d) A dead body.
8. What does Ducane tell Mary is wrong with him?
(a) Unrequited love.
(b) Bad dreams.
(c) Lack of sleep.
9. What do the police shine their bright light on?
(a) The meadow.
(b) The rocks.
(c) The sea.
(d) The cliff.
10. What does Octavian not tell his wife about?
(a) His late nights with his secretary.
(b) His child by another woman.
(c) His gambling problem.
(d) His drinking problem.
11. What is the name of the novel Willy and Paula are reading?
12. Who is Paula waiting to meet?
13. Who is the first letter that Ducane opens from?
14. What does Richard promise to stop doing?
(a) Having affairs.
(d) Being untidy.
15. Where has Octavuan gone to in chapter 30?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ducane having a drink with at the beginning of chapter 39?
2. What reason does Biranne give for touching Radeechy's body?
3. Why do Barabara and Pierce think it is not a sin that they have just had sex?
4. How did Radeechy kill his wife?
5. What American city does Eric want to live in?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)