|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What picture do Paula and Richard sit in front of?
(a) The Peake picture.
(b) The Van Gogh picture.
(c) The Bronzino picture.
(d) The Bacon picture.
2. Where does Mary tell Willy something is happening?
(a) In her head.
(b) In Scotland.
(c) On the roof.
(d) On the beach.
3. Who does Ducane ask Mary about?
4. What does Pierce see when he turns on his torch?
(a) Two caverns.
(b) A stranded whale.
(c) Hundreds of bats.
(d) A dead body.
5. Who is Octavian say he is sexually jealous of?
6. Where has Octavuan gone to in chapter 30?
7. Where does Pierce swim to?
(a) A cave.
(b) A buoy.
(c) A crag.
(d) An island.
8. What does Biranne hand Ducane?
(a) Radeechy's photographs.
(b) Radeechy's occult book.
(c) Radeechy's suicide note.
(d) Radeechy's hat.
9. Whose face does Ducane imagine when he looks for Pierce?
10. Where did Kate and Octavian spend most of their time in Tangier?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In the sea.
(c) At the flea markets.
(d) In bed.
11. Who is Paula waiting to meet?
12. How did Radeechy kill his wife?
(a) He drowned her.
(b) He pushed her out of a window.
(c) He ran her over.
(d) He pushed her off a cliff.
13. What does the author say all human life is compact of?
(a) Happiness and misery.
(b) Love and hate.
(c) Accident and chance.
(d) Luck and destiny.
14. Who tells Pierce he is boring?
15. What does Mary put the raspberries in?
(a) A plastic container.
(b) A basket.
(c) A box.
(d) A bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ducane think McGrath could do to him?
2. Who does Julie hear arriving downstairs?
3. Who is Paula going to meet in London?
4. What do the twins decide to do at the end of the book?
5. What does kind of drink does McGrath pour for himself and Ducane?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)