|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mary tell Willy something is happening?
(a) In her head.
(b) On the roof.
(c) In Scotland.
(d) On the beach.
2. Where does Pierce swim to?
(a) A crag.
(b) A buoy.
(c) An island.
(d) A cave.
3. Who is Paula waiting to meet?
4. Who does Ducane write a letter to at the end of the chapter?
5. Who is the first to appear from the cave?
6. What does Biranne say he pushed out of the way as he was touching Radeechy?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The stapler.
(c) The knife.
(d) The gun.
7. Who does Theo tell Willy to forgive?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(d) Josef Stalin.
8. What does Pierce lose in the water?
(a) His knife.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His torch.
9. What does Mary ask Ducane about?
(a) His police work.
(b) His love life.
(c) His relationship with Kate.
(d) The cave.
10. Who does Ducane meet with in chapter 37?
11. What does kind of drink does McGrath pour for himself and Ducane?
12. Who is sitting with Mary on the boat?
(a) Paula and Willy.
(b) Theo and Barbara.
(c) Willy and Theo.
(d) Kate and Octavian.
13. What foreign city did Kate and Octavian go for their vacation?
(d) New York.
14. What kind of event does Pierce talk about after Saturday lunch?
(a) A happening.
(b) A poetry reading.
(c) A rock concert.
(d) A movie screening.
15. What does Ducane tell Judy to do?
(a) Wash his sheets.
(b) Get dressed.
(c) Have a shower.
(d) Make a coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul confess to Ducane?
2. What does Ducane say he wants?
3. What kind of animal is Mingo?
4. What is Willy's surname?
5. Who does Mary see talking on the beach?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)