|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ducane say he will open a bottle of?
2. What does Mary place on the basket of raspberries?
(a) A dish cloth.
(b) A tea towel.
(c) A white cloth.
(d) A plate.
3. What is Willy's surname?
4. Which two characters are talking in the kitchen at the beginning of chapter 30?
(a) Mary and Willy.
(b) Jessica and Judy.
(c) Kate and John.
(d) Edward and Henrietta.
5. Where country has Eric now decided to move to?
(c) South Africa.
6. Why does Ducane think he should not pity Judy?
(a) She could harm him.
(b) She would kill herself.
(c) She would not leave him alone.
(d) She would tell everyone.
7. What person other than Ducane does Jessica think about in chapter 27?
8. What does Pierce have tucked into his pants?
(a) A flask.
(b) A knife.
(c) A torch.
(d) A gun.
9. What bad news does Willy break to Mary in chapter 32?
(a) He has to go back to Scotland.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He cannot marry her.
(d) He is gay.
10. What do the police shine their bright light on?
(a) The sea.
(b) The meadow.
(c) The rocks.
(d) The cliff.
11. What does kind of drink does McGrath pour for himself and Ducane?
12. Who arrives at Ducane's house at the beginning of chapter 28?
13. Who does Mary see talking on the beach?
(a) Ducane and Paula.
(b) Pierce and Willy.
(c) Kate and Octavia.
(d) Ducane and Kate.
14. Who is Octavian say he is sexually jealous of?
15. Who has Judy run off with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Biranne think Radeechy had odd tastes in?
2. What does Pierce lose in the water?
3. What was Richard doing while Paula was talking to Eric?
4. What does Mary say she cannot do with Willy?
5. Whose presence calms Ducane?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)