|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Biranne think Radeechy had odd tastes in?
2. Who does the short letter say it is from?
(a) An admirer.
(b) A well wisher.
(c) An enemy.
(d) A hopeless romantic.
3. Where country has Eric now decided to move to?
(d) South Africa.
4. Where does Mary tell Willy something is happening?
(a) In Scotland.
(b) On the roof.
(c) In her head.
(d) On the beach.
5. What does Ducane think McGrath could do to him?
(a) Murder him.
(b) Mug him.
(c) Knock him out.
(d) Rape him.
6. Who is the first letter that Ducane opens from?
7. What does Mary place on the basket of raspberries?
(a) A tea towel.
(b) A dish cloth.
(c) A plate.
(d) A white cloth.
8. Who is Ducane having a drink with at the beginning of chapter 39?
9. What does Pierce have tucked into his pants?
(a) A flask.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A torch.
10. What does Mary put the raspberries in?
(a) A box.
(b) A bowl.
(c) A basket.
(d) A plastic container.
11. Who does Ducane tell Paula to ring?
(a) Pierce's mother.
(b) The ambulance.
(c) The sea police.
(d) The coast guard.
12. Why does Ducane say he cannot see Kate anymore?
(a) She is dangerous,
(b) She wants too much.
(c) He is too much in love.
(d) She found out about Jessica.
13. Why do Barabara and Pierce think it is not a sin that they have just had sex?
(a) They are not religious.
(b) They used protection.
(c) They love each other.
(d) They are going to get married.
14. Where does Pierce swim to?
(a) A buoy.
(b) An island.
(c) A crag.
(d) A cave.
15. What does Paul confess to Ducane?
(a) A love child.
(c) Drug addiction.
(d) An old affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the novel Willy and Paula are reading?
2. Who is Paula waiting to meet?
3. What does Ducane tell Mary is wrong with him?
4. Who does Ducane ask Mary about?
5. Who does Theo tell Willy to forgive?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)