|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ducane make a rope out of?
(a) His pants and vest.
(b) His shirt and jumper.
(c) His socks and shoe laces.
(d) His socks and pants.
2. What does Pierce have tucked into his pants?
(a) A torch.
(b) A flask.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
3. Who is Paula going to meet in London?
4. Where country has Eric now decided to move to?
(d) South Africa.
5. What picture do Paula and Richard sit in front of?
(a) The Bronzino picture.
(b) The Peake picture.
(c) The Bacon picture.
(d) The Van Gogh picture.
6. Who gets married at the end of the book?
(a) Mary and Ducane.
(b) Theo and Kate.
(c) Pierce and Barbara.
(d) Paula and Richard.
7. What bad news does Willy break to Mary in chapter 32?
(a) He has to go back to Scotland.
(b) He is gay.
(c) He has cancer.
(d) He cannot marry her.
8. What foreign city did Kate and Octavian go for their vacation?
(c) New York.
9. What does Pierce see when he turns on his torch?
(a) Two caverns.
(b) A stranded whale.
(c) Hundreds of bats.
(d) A dead body.
10. Who is sitting with Mary on the boat?
(a) Willy and Theo.
(b) Paula and Willy.
(c) Kate and Octavian.
(d) Theo and Barbara.
11. Who does Ducane tell Paula to ring?
(a) Pierce's mother.
(b) The sea police.
(c) The ambulance.
(d) The coast guard.
12. What has Kate brought for Ducane?
(a) Morrocan scripts.
(b) A Moroccan hat.
(c) Morrocan chocolates.
(d) Morrocan sweets.
13. What does Ducane tell Mary is wrong with him?
(a) Bad dreams.
(c) Unrequited love.
(d) Lack of sleep.
14. What does Ducane feel on the rocks?
15. Who has Judy run off with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters are talking in the kitchen at the beginning of chapter 30?
2. Why does Judy say she married McGrath?
3. Who does Ducane ask Mary about?
4. What does Octavian not tell his wife about?
5. Where did Kate and Octavian spend most of their time in Tangier?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)