|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pierce lose in the water?
(a) His torch.
(b) His knife.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His shoes.
2. What is Willy's surname?
3. Who is sitting with Mary on the boat?
(a) Paula and Willy.
(b) Kate and Octavian.
(c) Willy and Theo.
(d) Theo and Barbara.
4. Who arrives at Ducane's house at the beginning of chapter 28?
5. What do both Ducane and Pirece put on to ward off the cold?
(a) Pierce's jersey.
(b) Ducane's jersey.
(c) Pierce's shirt.
(d) Ducane's shirt.
6. Where does Ducane go while Judy gets dressed?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The conservatory.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The garden.
7. What do Pierce and Ducane lie on?
(a) A table.
(b) A piece of driftwood.
(c) A shelf.
(d) A chimney.
8. Where did Kate and Octavian spend most of their time in Tangier?
(a) At the flea markets.
(b) In the sea.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In bed.
9. Who is the first letter that Ducane opens from?
10. What bad news does Willy break to Mary in chapter 32?
(a) He cannot marry her.
(b) He has to go back to Scotland.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He has cancer.
11. Why does Judy say she married McGrath?
(a) She thought he would make a good father.
(b) He was always around exciting people.
(c) She thought he would be someone.
(d) He was very handsome.
12. What does Ducane tell Mary is wrong with him?
(a) Lack of sleep.
(b) Unrequited love.
(d) Bad dreams.
13. What does Mary wonder what it is like to be?
(a) In love.
14. Where country has Eric now decided to move to?
(b) South Africa.
15. Why do Barabara and Pierce think it is not a sin that they have just had sex?
(a) They love each other.
(b) They are going to get married.
(c) They used protection.
(d) They are not religious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ducane say he will open a bottle of?
2. Where is Paula at the beginning of chapter 38?
3. Why does Ducane think he should not pity Judy?
4. Who does Mary see talking on the beach?
5. Who does Ducane find naked in his bed?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)