|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard promise to stop doing?
(a) Having affairs.
(c) Being untidy.
2. Who is Paula going to meet in London?
3. What does Mary wonder what it is like to be?
(b) In love.
4. Who gets married at the end of the book?
(a) Pierce and Barbara.
(b) Theo and Kate.
(c) Paula and Richard.
(d) Mary and Ducane.
5. What does Pierce have tucked into his pants?
(a) A torch.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A flask.
6. What does Ducane toss at Mary?
(a) A parcel.
(b) A bookend.
(c) A raspberry.
(d) A paperweight.
7. What does the author say all human life is compact of?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Accident and chance.
(c) Happiness and misery.
(d) Luck and destiny.
8. What does Mary place on the basket of raspberries?
(a) A white cloth.
(b) A dish cloth.
(c) A tea towel.
(d) A plate.
9. What does Mary wrap around Ducane?
(a) Her shawl.
(b) A duvet.
(c) A blanket.
(d) Her overcoat.
10. Why do Barabara and Pierce think it is not a sin that they have just had sex?
(a) They love each other.
(b) They used protection.
(c) They are going to get married.
(d) They are not religious.
11. Why is Durane angry in chapter 28?
(a) The interview is going badly.
(b) Biranne keeps touching him.
(c) Willy interrupts the interview.
(d) Jessica interrupts the interview.
12. What person other than Ducane does Jessica think about in chapter 27?
13. What bad news does Willy break to Mary in chapter 32?
(a) He has to go back to Scotland.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He cannot marry her.
(d) He is gay.
14. What American city does Eric want to live in?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
15. What do the police shine their bright light on?
(a) The rocks.
(b) The meadow.
(c) The sea.
(d) The cliff.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Radeechy kill his wife?
2. What does Julie say Ducane is?
3. What does Ducane say he wants?
4. Where does Willy hide when he sees Jessica approach the house?
5. Who does Ducane write a letter to at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)