|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city did Richard tell Paula he was moving to?
(d) New York.
2. Who has Judy run off with?
3. Why do Barabara and Pierce think it is not a sin that they have just had sex?
(a) They are going to get married.
(b) They are not religious.
(c) They love each other.
(d) They used protection.
4. Who tells Pierce he is boring?
5. What does the author say we think with?
(a) Our hearts.
(b) Our stomachs.
(c) Our bodies.
(d) Our minds.
6. Why does Judy say she married McGrath?
(a) He was always around exciting people.
(b) She thought he would make a good father.
(c) She thought he would be someone.
(d) He was very handsome.
7. What foreign city did Kate and Octavian go for their vacation?
(d) New York.
8. What is the name of the novel Willy and Paula are reading?
9. What does Ducane make a rope out of?
(a) His shirt and jumper.
(b) His pants and vest.
(c) His socks and pants.
(d) His socks and shoe laces.
10. What does Pierce have tucked into his pants?
(a) A flask.
(b) A knife.
(c) A torch.
(d) A gun.
11. Who is Paula going to meet in London?
12. Who does Ducane tell Paula to ring?
(a) The sea police.
(b) The ambulance.
(c) Pierce's mother.
(d) The coast guard.
13. Who is the first to appear from the cave?
14. Who does Ducane write a letter to at the end of the chapter?
15. Where does Ducane go while Judy gets dressed?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The conservatory.
(c) The garden.
(d) The bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Paula waiting to meet?
2. What picture do Paula and Richard sit in front of?
3. What does Ducane think McGrath could do to him?
4. Who does Mary see talking on the beach?
5. Why is Durane angry in chapter 28?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)