|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Judy run off with?
2. Who does Ducane write a letter to at the end of the chapter?
3. What does the author say all human life is compact of?
(a) Happiness and misery.
(b) Love and hate.
(c) Luck and destiny.
(d) Accident and chance.
4. What does Mary wrap around Ducane?
(a) Her overcoat.
(b) Her shawl.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A duvet.
5. What do Pierce and Ducane lie on?
(a) A chimney.
(b) A table.
(c) A shelf.
(d) A piece of driftwood.
6. Where country has Eric now decided to move to?
(b) South Africa.
7. What person other than Ducane does Jessica think about in chapter 27?
8. Which two characters do Ducane and Kate think are good for each other?
(a) Mary and Willy.
(b) Pierce and Paula.
(c) Willy and Jessica.
(d) Edward and Henrietta.
9. What was Richard doing while Paula was talking to Eric?
(a) Buying a car.
(b) Listening to them.
(c) Preparing to kill them.
(d) Building a shed.
10. Where has Octavuan gone to in chapter 30?
11. What does Ducane make a rope out of?
(a) His pants and vest.
(b) His socks and shoe laces.
(c) His socks and pants.
(d) His shirt and jumper.
12. Who does Ducane tell Paula to ring?
(a) The sea police.
(b) Pierce's mother.
(c) The ambulance.
(d) The coast guard.
13. Why does Ducane think he should not pity Judy?
(a) She would kill herself.
(b) She would tell everyone.
(c) She could harm him.
(d) She would not leave him alone.
14. What does Ducane tell Mary is wrong with him?
(a) Lack of sleep.
(b) Bad dreams.
(d) Unrequited love.
15. What kind of animal is Mingo?
(a) A dog.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A bear.
(d) A cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ducane say he wants?
2. What does the author say we think with?
3. Who is Paula waiting to meet?
4. What does Pierce see when he turns on his torch?
5. What does Ducane think McGrath could do to him?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)