|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both Ducane and Pirece put on to ward off the cold?
(a) Pierce's shirt.
(b) Ducane's shirt.
(c) Pierce's jersey.
(d) Ducane's jersey.
2. What does Mary place on the basket of raspberries?
(a) A plate.
(b) A white cloth.
(c) A tea towel.
(d) A dish cloth.
3. Where does Pierce swim to?
(a) A cave.
(b) A buoy.
(c) A crag.
(d) An island.
4. Where does Mary tell Willy something is happening?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In her head.
(c) In Scotland.
(d) On the roof.
5. What is Willy's surname?
6. What does Ducane tell Paula to try and find?
(a) A raft.
(b) A motorboat.
(c) A sailing boat.
(d) A rowing boat.
7. Who does Ducane write a letter to at the end of the chapter?
8. Which two characters do Ducane and Kate think are good for each other?
(a) Pierce and Paula.
(b) Willy and Jessica.
(c) Mary and Willy.
(d) Edward and Henrietta.
9. What color is the candle stick McGrath uses for the candle?
10. Who does the short letter say it is from?
(a) A well wisher.
(b) An enemy.
(c) A hopeless romantic.
(d) An admirer.
11. Who tells Pierce he is boring?
12. Who is Ducane having a drink with at the beginning of chapter 39?
13. Who looks on as Paula and Richard run from the gallery?
(a) Mary and Willy.
(b) A group of tourists.
(c) A famous painter.
(d) A security guard.
14. Who did the doctor say saved Pierce and Ducan's lives?
15. Why do Barabara and Pierce think it is not a sin that they have just had sex?
(a) They are not religious.
(b) They are going to get married.
(c) They used protection.
(d) They love each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary put the raspberries in?
2. Who does Ducane find naked in his bed?
3. What does Mary say she cannot do with Willy?
4. What does Ducane think McGrath could do to him?
5. Why does Ducane say he cannot see Kate anymore?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)