|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ducane say he will open a bottle of?
2. What does Ducane make a rope out of?
(a) His socks and pants.
(b) His shirt and jumper.
(c) His pants and vest.
(d) His socks and shoe laces.
3. Who is Octavian say he is sexually jealous of?
4. What city did Richard tell Paula he was moving to?
(d) New York.
5. What has Kate brought for Ducane?
(a) Morrocan sweets.
(b) Morrocan scripts.
(c) A Moroccan hat.
(d) Morrocan chocolates.
6. Whose face does Ducane imagine when he looks for Pierce?
7. Which door does McGrath say was usually locked?
(a) The top door.
(b) The back door.
(c) The trap door.
(d) The side door.
8. What does the author say we think with?
(a) Our bodies.
(b) Our hearts.
(c) Our stomachs.
(d) Our minds.
9. What does Ducane toss at Mary?
(a) A paperweight.
(b) A parcel.
(c) A bookend.
(d) A raspberry.
10. What person other than Ducane does Jessica think about in chapter 27?
11. What do the twins decide to do at the end of the book?
(a) Play basketball.
(b) Go swimming.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Play scrabble.
12. Who does the short letter say it is from?
(a) An enemy.
(b) An admirer.
(c) A well wisher.
(d) A hopeless romantic.
13. What does Ducane say he wants?
(a) Someone to love him.
(b) Someone to be there for him.
(c) Someone to praise him.
(d) Someone to comfort him.
14. Who does Ducane tell Paula to ring?
(a) The ambulance.
(b) The coast guard.
(c) Pierce's mother.
(d) The sea police.
15. What does Mary put the raspberries in?
(a) A bowl.
(b) A basket.
(c) A box.
(d) A plastic container.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first letter that Ducane opens from?
2. Who gets married at the end of the book?
3. What does Ducane think McGrath could do to him?
4. What does kind of drink does McGrath pour for himself and Ducane?
5. Who looks on as Paula and Richard run from the gallery?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)