|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul confess to Ducane?
(a) A love child.
(b) Drug addiction.
(c) An old affair.
2. Where do McGrath and Ducane go to at the beginning of chapter 26?
(a) The lakes.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The vaults.
(d) The sewers.
3. Why is Durane angry in chapter 28?
(a) Biranne keeps touching him.
(b) Willy interrupts the interview.
(c) The interview is going badly.
(d) Jessica interrupts the interview.
4. Who looks on as Paula and Richard run from the gallery?
(a) Mary and Willy.
(b) A security guard.
(c) A group of tourists.
(d) A famous painter.
5. What does Ducane make a rope out of?
(a) His pants and vest.
(b) His socks and pants.
(c) His shirt and jumper.
(d) His socks and shoe laces.
6. What does Mary wrap around Ducane?
(a) Her overcoat.
(b) A duvet.
(c) Her shawl.
(d) A blanket.
7. Where does Pierce swim to?
(a) A crag.
(b) A cave.
(c) A buoy.
(d) An island.
8. Who does Ducane ask Mary about?
9. What does Pierce have tucked into his pants?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A flask.
(d) A torch.
10. Who is Octavian say he is sexually jealous of?
11. What does Ducane say he will open a bottle of?
12. Whose presence calms Ducane?
13. Why does Ducane think he should not pity Judy?
(a) She could harm him.
(b) She would tell everyone.
(c) She would not leave him alone.
(d) She would kill herself.
14. Who does Ducane write a letter to at the end of the chapter?
15. What is the name of the novel Willy and Paula are reading?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police shine their bright light on?
2. What does Ducane toss at Mary?
3. What does Ducane feel on the rocks?
4. Who tells Pierce he is boring?
5. What does Richard promise to stop doing?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)