|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary ask Ducane about?
(a) His police work.
(b) His relationship with Kate.
(c) His love life.
(d) The cave.
2. Who does Theo tell Willy to forgive?
(a) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(b) Josef Stalin.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Winston Churchill.
3. Which two characters are talking in the kitchen at the beginning of chapter 30?
(a) Kate and John.
(b) Jessica and Judy.
(c) Mary and Willy.
(d) Edward and Henrietta.
4. What do the police shine their bright light on?
(a) The meadow.
(b) The rocks.
(c) The sea.
(d) The cliff.
5. What does Julie say Ducane is?
(a) A libertine.
(b) A communist.
(c) A womaniser.
(d) A puritan.
6. What does Mary wonder what it is like to be?
(a) In love.
7. Who does the short letter say it is from?
(a) An enemy.
(b) An admirer.
(c) A hopeless romantic.
(d) A well wisher.
8. What does Richard promise to stop doing?
(a) Being untidy.
(c) Having affairs.
9. What does Biranne say he pushed out of the way as he was touching Radeechy?
(a) The stapler.
(b) The knife.
(c) The gun.
(d) The newspaper.
10. Who is the first to appear from the cave?
11. Whose presence calms Ducane?
12. What does Pierce see when he turns on his torch?
(a) A stranded whale.
(b) A dead body.
(c) Hundreds of bats.
(d) Two caverns.
13. What does Ducane say he wants?
(a) Someone to be there for him.
(b) Someone to comfort him.
(c) Someone to praise him.
(d) Someone to love him.
14. Who is Octavian say he is sexually jealous of?
15. Who does Mary see talking on the beach?
(a) Ducane and Kate.
(b) Ducane and Paula.
(c) Pierce and Willy.
(d) Kate and Octavia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which door does McGrath say was usually locked?
2. What does Paul confess to Ducane?
3. Who is Paula waiting to meet?
4. What does the author say all human life is compact of?
5. What is Willy's surname?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)