|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Ducane's house at the beginning of chapter 28?
2. Which two characters are talking in the kitchen at the beginning of chapter 30?
(a) Edward and Henrietta.
(b) Mary and Willy.
(c) Kate and John.
(d) Jessica and Judy.
3. Where is Paula at the beginning of chapter 38?
(a) The National Gallery.
(b) Tower Bridge.
(c) The Tate Gallery.
(d) The London Musuem.
4. What does Biranne say he pushed out of the way as he was touching Radeechy?
(a) The gun.
(b) The stapler.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The knife.
5. Who gets married at the end of the book?
(a) Theo and Kate.
(b) Mary and Ducane.
(c) Pierce and Barbara.
(d) Paula and Richard.
6. Who does Ducane meet with in chapter 37?
7. Why do Barabara and Pierce think it is not a sin that they have just had sex?
(a) They love each other.
(b) They are not religious.
(c) They used protection.
(d) They are going to get married.
8. What does Ducane think McGrath could do to him?
(a) Murder him.
(b) Rape him.
(c) Knock him out.
(d) Mug him.
9. Who is the longer letter addressed to?
10. What does Biranne think Radeechy had odd tastes in?
11. Who is the first to appear from the cave?
12. What does Octavian not tell his wife about?
(a) His gambling problem.
(b) His child by another woman.
(c) His drinking problem.
(d) His late nights with his secretary.
13. What reason does Biranne give for touching Radeechy's body?
(a) He was seeing if he was alive.
(b) He was trying to revive him.
(c) He wanted to touch him for the last time.
(d) He was taking back the money he owed him.
14. Who looks on as Paula and Richard run from the gallery?
(a) Mary and Willy.
(b) A group of tourists.
(c) A security guard.
(d) A famous painter.
15. What does Mary wrap around Ducane?
(a) A duvet.
(b) Her overcoat.
(c) Her shawl.
(d) A blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ducane write a letter to at the end of the chapter?
2. What is Willy's surname?
3. What does the author say we think with?
4. What does Paul confess to Ducane?
5. What does Ducane say he will open a bottle of?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)