|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Ducane's house at the beginning of chapter 28?
2. Where has Octavuan gone to in chapter 30?
3. What does Ducane think McGrath could do to him?
(a) Murder him.
(b) Rape him.
(c) Knock him out.
(d) Mug him.
4. Who is Ducane having a drink with at the beginning of chapter 39?
5. What does Biranne say he pushed out of the way as he was touching Radeechy?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The knife.
(c) The stapler.
(d) The gun.
6. Why does Judy say she married McGrath?
(a) He was very handsome.
(b) She thought he would make a good father.
(c) He was always around exciting people.
(d) She thought he would be someone.
7. What kind of animal is Mingo?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bear.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A cat.
8. What does the author say we think with?
(a) Our hearts.
(b) Our stomachs.
(c) Our minds.
(d) Our bodies.
9. Where does Pierce swim to?
(a) A buoy.
(b) A crag.
(c) A cave.
(d) An island.
10. What does Ducane tell Mary is wrong with him?
(a) Lack of sleep.
(b) Bad dreams.
(d) Unrequited love.
11. What does Ducane tell Judy to do?
(a) Make a coffee.
(b) Get dressed.
(c) Wash his sheets.
(d) Have a shower.
12. What do the police shine their bright light on?
(a) The sea.
(b) The meadow.
(c) The cliff.
(d) The rocks.
13. What does Ducane feel on the rocks?
14. Who is Paula going to meet in London?
15. Where is Paula at the beginning of chapter 38?
(a) Tower Bridge.
(b) The National Gallery.
(c) The London Musuem.
(d) The Tate Gallery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose presence calms Ducane?
2. What does Mary put the raspberries in?
3. Who is the longer letter addressed to?
4. Which two characters do Ducane and Kate think are good for each other?
5. What foreign city did Kate and Octavian go for their vacation?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)