|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Judy McGrath call Ducane?
(a) Mr. Laurel.
(b) Mr. Towman.
(c) Mr. Sugarman.
(d) Mr. Honeyman.
2. What does Jessica do when Ducane tries to tell her he cannot see her again?
3. What kind of animal has gone missing?
(a) A cat.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A dog.
(d) A hamster.
4. Where does Jessica tell the man she has come from?
(a) The interior decorators.
(b) The local Conservative Party.
(c) The gas board.
(d) The electricity board.
5. Why does Willy ask Barabara not to play for him?
(a) He does not have time.
(b) His ears are too sensitive.
(c) He does not like flutes.
(d) Music is too painful.
6. Where does Pierce want to swim to?
(a) Whaling cave.
(b) Shark's cave.
(c) Diver's cave.
(d) Gunnar's cave.
7. Where does Willy say he is going for a few days?
8. What does Barbara think has gone wrong with Pierce?
9. Where does Mary hear a loud crash?
(a) Mingo's room.
(b) Theo's room.
(c) Pierce's room.
(d) Casie's room.
10. What does Barbara tell Willy she has learned to play?
(a) A flute quartet.
(b) A piano falsetto.
(c) A violin fourtet.
(d) A clarinet quartet.
11. What kind of alcoholic drink does Theo drink in Willy's cottage?
12. What country is Fivey from?
13. What language can Willy speak?
14. What does Edward ask his mother if he can have?
(a) A coffee.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A kitchen knife.
(d) A stamp.
15. What country did Eric move to?
(a) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does McGrath say was often at Radeechy's house?
2. What kind of animal does the author compare Theo's face to?
3. What does Judy say Radeechy never did to her?
4. What does Octavian Gray hear from his office?
5. What does Jessica sniff when she is in Ducane's bedroom?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)