|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richard's Biranne's position at the company?
(a) Chief engineer.
(b) Computer analyst.
(d) Head of department.
2. What country did Theo used to live in?
(d) South Africa.
3. Who has Ducane come to see at the beginning of chapter 20?
4. What does Droysen think Radeech is depressed over?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) His financial situation.
(c) His loneliness.
(d) His wife's death.
5. What have the twins brought to the house?
6. Who does Octavian suggest they telephone?
(a) Scotland Yard.
(b) The sheriff.
(d) The military.
7. Why is Mary upset at Willy?
(a) He keeps her at a distance.
(b) He takes too many drugs.
(c) He is always ironic.
(d) He is always asleep.
8. Where does Jessica tell the man she has come from?
(a) The electricity board.
(b) The gas board.
(c) The interior decorators.
(d) The local Conservative Party.
9. Why was it strange that the gun was lying next to Radeechy's right hand?
(a) He was shot in the right hand.
(b) He was left handed.
(c) The bullets did not match.
(d) His right hand was broken.
10. What does Barbara tell the twins she does not want to do?
11. What has Ducane received permission to search?
(a) Octavian's offices.
(b) The House of Commons.
(c) Willy's house.
(d) Radeecy's house.
12. What does Mary think she needs to do to get Willy to open up to her?
(a) Care for him.
(b) Buy him presents.
(c) Love him.
(d) Argue with him.
13. What city is Ducane in at the beginning of chapter 13?
14. What is the name of the women the men think the newspapers are going to write about?
(a) Anne Frank.
(b) Helen of Troy.
(c) Annie Nightingale.
(d) Joan of Arc.
15. Why does Willy ask Barabara not to play for him?
(a) His ears are too sensitive.
(b) He does not have time.
(c) Music is too painful.
(d) He does not like flutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where else did the police find Biranne's finger prints?
2. What does Ducane want from Biranne?
3. What does Paula want to buy for Willy?
4. What kind of alcoholic drink does Theo drink in Willy's cottage?
5. Who does Willy say has proposed to him?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)