|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Willy doing when John enters his cottage?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Watching a film.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Listening to music.
2. Where does Jessica tell the man she has come from?
(a) The interior decorators.
(b) The gas board.
(c) The local Conservative Party.
(d) The electricity board.
3. What does Willy tell Jessica she is?
4. What is the name of the women the men think the newspapers are going to write about?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(b) Joan of Arc.
(c) Annie Nightingale.
(d) Anne Frank.
5. Where does Mary follow Willy to at the beginning of chapter 19?
(a) The orchard.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The forest.
6. What does Barbara think has gone wrong with Pierce?
7. What country did Eric move to?
(d) South Africa.
8. What has Ducane treated Jessica like?
(a) A spinster.
(b) A whore.
(c) A child.
(d) A student.
9. Where does Paula put Eric's letter?
(a) In the post box.
(b) Under her bed.
(c) In her pocket.
(d) In a shoe box.
10. What is the missing cat's name?
11. What language does Barbara want Willy to teach her?
12. What does Barbara tell the twins she does not want to do?
13. What language are Barbara and Ducane speaking together?
14. What does Droysen think Radeech is depressed over?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) His wife's death.
(c) His loneliness.
(d) His financial situation.
15. Why was it strange that the gun was lying next to Radeechy's right hand?
(a) His right hand was broken.
(b) He was left handed.
(c) The bullets did not match.
(d) He was shot in the right hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of alcoholic drink does Theo drink in Willy's cottage?
2. What does Kate like the idea of doing with Willy?
3. Who does Ducane think Judy McGrath is?
4. What does Paula think Eric's hands always smelled like?
5. What do the men think the newspapers are going to write a story about?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)