|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Ducane spend the previous evening with?
2. Who does Ducane think is the key to Radeech's death?
3. Who sits next to Ducane on the journey home?
4. Who has John received a postcard from?
5. What is Willy doing when John enters his cottage?
(a) Watching a film.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Listening to music.
(d) Writing a letter.
6. What part of the UK does Octavian plan to visit?
7. At whose house does Willy arrive at the beginning of chapter 22?
8. Where does Jessica tell the man she has come from?
(a) The gas board.
(b) The interior decorators.
(c) The local Conservative Party.
(d) The electricity board.
9. What language does Barbara want Willy to teach her?
10. What does Barbara tell Willy she has learned to play?
(a) A piano falsetto.
(b) A violin fourtet.
(c) A flute quartet.
(d) A clarinet quartet.
11. What is the name of the women the men think the newspapers are going to write about?
(a) Anne Frank.
(b) Annie Nightingale.
(c) Joan of Arc.
(d) Helen of Troy.
12. What is Jessica Bird's occupation?
(a) A writer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A detective.
(d) A secretary.
13. What kind of animal has gone missing?
(a) A hamster.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
14. What language can Willy speak?
15. What does Jessica sniff when she is in Ducane's bedroom?
(a) His under pants.
(b) His socks.
(c) His pillow.
(d) His sheets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ducane say Mary should marry?
2. Where else did the police find Biranne's finger prints?
3. Who does Ducane think McGrath sold information to?
4. Which mode of transport is Eric using to travel back to England?
5. Who does Octavian suggest they telephone?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)