|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What transport did Paula and her friends use to travel to town?
2. Why does Willy ask Barabara not to play for him?
(a) Music is too painful.
(b) He does not like flutes.
(c) His ears are too sensitive.
(d) He does not have time.
3. Why is Mary upset at Willy?
(a) He takes too many drugs.
(b) He is always asleep.
(c) He keeps her at a distance.
(d) He is always ironic.
4. What does Mary use to catch the green piece of glass Willy throws?
(a) Her mouth.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her hat.
(d) Her skirt.
5. What does Paula think Eric's hands always smelled like?
(c) Dog hair.
6. What does Edward ask his mother if he can have?
(a) A kitchen knife.
(b) A coffee.
(c) A stamp.
(d) A cigarette.
7. What does Octavian Gray hear from his office?
(a) A scream.
(b) An explosion.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A firework.
8. Where does Paula put Eric's letter?
(a) In her pocket.
(b) In a shoe box.
(c) In the post box.
(d) Under her bed.
9. What kind of animal does the author compare Theo's face to?
(a) A hippo.
(b) A dog.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A cat.
10. Who does Willy say has proposed to him?
11. What does Barbara think has gone wrong with Pierce?
12. Where is everyone at the beginning of chapter 25?
(a) The games room.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The lounge.
13. What did Willy persuade his family to buy so he could play with the dog?
(a) A doll.
(b) A bone.
(c) A ball.
14. What does Mary think she needs to do to get Willy to open up to her?
(a) Buy him presents.
(b) Argue with him.
(c) Love him.
(d) Care for him.
15. Where does Mary follow Willy to at the beginning of chapter 19?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The forest.
(d) The orchard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Ducane want McGrath to visit him?
2. What kind of woman does Jessica tell Willy she is?
3. What does Barbara tell the twins she does not want to do?
4. What kind of animal has gone missing?
5. What is the missing cat's name?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)