|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willy ask Barabara not to play for him?
(a) His ears are too sensitive.
(b) He does not like flutes.
(c) Music is too painful.
(d) He does not have time.
2. Who does McGrath say was often at Radeechy's house?
3. What kind of animal does the author compare Theo's face to?
(a) A hippo.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
4. What has Ducane treated Jessica like?
(a) A student.
(b) A whore.
(c) A child.
(d) A spinster.
5. Who is Edward looking for?
6. What has Ducane received permission to search?
(a) Willy's house.
(b) The House of Commons.
(c) Radeecy's house.
(d) Octavian's offices.
7. What transport did Paula and her friends use to travel to town?
8. What does Ducane want from Biranne?
(d) A set of keys.
9. What does Barbara tell Willy she has learned to play?
(a) A flute quartet.
(b) A violin fourtet.
(c) A piano falsetto.
(d) A clarinet quartet.
10. What does Barbara think has gone wrong with Pierce?
11. Who has Ducane come to see at the beginning of chapter 20?
12. What does Mary use to catch the green piece of glass Willy throws?
(a) Her skirt.
(b) Her hat.
(c) Her mouth.
(d) Her hands.
13. What kind of flowers has someone brought for Willy?
(d) Forget Me Nots.
14. What is Judy holding?
(a) A gun.
(b) A walking stick.
(c) A riding whip.
(d) A hair brush.
15. What does Kate like the idea of doing with Willy?
(a) Sun bathing.
(b) Going on holiday.
(c) Taking him away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ducane almost collide with as he exits the house?
2. What does Edward ask his mother if he can have?
3. Whose house does Jessica arrive at at the beginning of chapter 23?
4. What does Jessica sniff when she is in Ducane's bedroom?
5. What does John think he needs?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)