|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What military implement does Lieutenant Major George Thompson build at Curupayty?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes General Diaz?
3. Why do the Paraguayan forces refuse to fight alongside the indigenous Indians of the land?
4. To where does Colonel Thompson escape, meeting up with his brother?
5. Which of the following creatures does NOT infest Dr. Mastermind's cell?
Essay Topic 1
The three wet nurses Ella hired to help raise her children each had drastically different personalities. Name and describe all three of the wet nurses Ella hired, and explain the effect each woman had on the lives of the Lopez children.
Essay Topic 2
Ella has an interesting relationship with her servant, Marie, that changes over the course of the novel. Explain the changing relationship that Ella has with Marie, and choose two defining incidents that forever changed the relationship between the two women. Explain the outcome of each incident.
Essay Topic 3
Franco was arguably a terrible father to his children. Choose two of Franco's children and explain the negative effects that he had on their upbringing. How might the lives of the Lopez children have been altered if they were raised without Franco in their lives?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)