Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What military implement does Lieutenant Major George Thompson build at Curupayty?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes General Diaz?
3. Why do the Paraguayan forces refuse to fight alongside the indigenous Indians of the land?
4. To where does Colonel Thompson escape, meeting up with his brother?
5. Which of the following creatures does NOT infest Dr. Mastermind's cell?
Essay Topic 1
Arrogance proved to be one of the most dangerous attributes for a character in this novel to have. Choose two characters who were particularly arrogant and give two examples of each of their arrogant behaviors. Finally, explain how the arrogance that infested these characters' live affected them in their deaths.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Dr. Henry Kennedy and explain the impact that he had on Ella's life. How does his short presence in the novel change the relationship that Ella has with Franco?
Essay Topic 3
Pancho grew up to be a man exactly like his father. Choose two examples of moments in his life when Pancho behaved in a way that Franco might have, and explain where Pancho learned his unemotional behaviors.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)