|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Ella's sons is killed during the flight from Paraguay?
2. Which of the following is NOT a punishment that Franco's sisters must endure?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes General Diaz?
4. Which of the following characters is struck by lightning but manages to survive?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Franco's state of mind when he reaches the Aquidaban River?
Essay Topic 1
Franco was arguably a terrible father to his children. Choose two of Franco's children and explain the negative effects that he had on their upbringing. How might the lives of the Lopez children have been altered if they were raised without Franco in their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Dr. Henry Kennedy and explain the impact that he had on Ella's life. How does his short presence in the novel change the relationship that Ella has with Franco?
Essay Topic 3
Ella has an interesting relationship with her servant, Marie, that changes over the course of the novel. Explain the changing relationship that Ella has with Marie, and choose two defining incidents that forever changed the relationship between the two women. Explain the outcome of each incident.
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)