|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dona Dolores' husband die?
2. Which of the following characters are NOT jailed together in San Fernando?
3. When Ella returns to Paris, where does she hear that Princess Mathilde is living?
4. Which of the following creatures does NOT infest Dr. Mastermind's cell?
5. To where does Colonel Thompson escape, meeting up with his brother?
Essay Topic 1
The three wet nurses Ella hired to help raise her children each had drastically different personalities. Name and describe all three of the wet nurses Ella hired, and explain the effect each woman had on the lives of the Lopez children.
Essay Topic 2
Franco has a long history of abusing his power when it comes to women. Choose one woman from Franco's past, either in his family or romantic history, and explain how his relationship with her signals to the reader how he will eventually come to treat Ella.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role that Rosaria plays in the upbringing of little Juan Francisco and use that experience to compare and contrast Rosaria's mothering techniques with Ella's mothering techniques to her firstborn son.
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)