Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What military implement does Lieutenant Major George Thompson build at Curupayty?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes General Diaz?
3. Why do the Paraguayan forces refuse to fight alongside the indigenous Indians of the land?
4. To where does Colonel Thompson escape, meeting up with his brother?
5. Which of the following creatures does NOT infest Dr. Mastermind's cell?
Essay Topic 1
Arrogance proved to be one of the most dangerous attributes for a character in this novel to have. Choose two characters who were particularly arrogant and give two examples of each of their arrogant behaviors. Finally, explain how the arrogance that infested these characters' live affected them in their deaths.
Essay Topic 2
Franco has a long history of abusing his power when it comes to women. Choose one woman from Franco's past, either in his family or romantic history, and explain how his relationship with her signals to the reader how he will eventually come to treat Ella.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the novel, Ella finds herself "haunted" by the ghost of the Brazilian soldier she killed. Explain the circumstances of the murder and then explain how this event irrevocably changed Ella's character.
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)