|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ella feel when she hears the news that Marie has died?
2. Where do Paraguayan forces find their first set of Brazilians to imprison?
3. Upon arriving in Buenos Ayres, how does Ella feel about Dimitri?
4. Who returns to Marie to tend to her injuries?
5. Where is San Pedro in relation to Franco's property?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Frederick Mastermind?
2. How do Franco's sisters treat Ella upon her arrival to Paraguay?
3. What is Ella's life like leading up to her time in Paris?
4. What is Franco's relationship with his family?
5. Who is Carmencita, and what is her relationship to Franco?
6. What happens when Franco and Ella try to have their son baptized?
7. Who is Isabella de Braganza, and what is her relationship to Franco?
8. How is Juan Francisco welcomed into the world?
9. Why does Franco declare war against Brazil?
10. How do the Paraguayan forces conduct themselves in battle with Brazil?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pancho grew up to be a man exactly like his father. Choose two examples of moments in his life when Pancho behaved in a way that Franco might have, and explain where Pancho learned his unemotional behaviors.
Essay Topic 2
Franco was arguably a terrible father to his children. Choose two of Franco's children and explain the negative effects that he had on their upbringing. How might the lives of the Lopez children have been altered if they were raised without Franco in their lives?
Essay Topic 3
The three wet nurses Ella hired to help raise her children each had drastically different personalities. Name and describe all three of the wet nurses Ella hired, and explain the effect each woman had on the lives of the Lopez children.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)