|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rosaria?
2. How do the women aboard the steamer treat Ella?
3. Why is Ella upset by what happens to the groom she has hired to care for her horse?
4. Upon arriving in Buenos Ayres, how does Ella feel about Dimitri?
5. Which of the following characters is typically the only one to parent Franco's sons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Franco do directly upon arriving to Buenos Ayres?
2. How is Juan Francisco welcomed into the world?
3. How do the Paraguayan forces conduct themselves in battle with Brazil?
4. What happens to the groom that Ella hired to care for Mathilde?
5. What is Franco's relationship with his family?
6. Who is Dona Ines?
7. What happens when Franco tries to start a vineyard in the wooded land near his home?
8. Who is Corinna Adelaida, and what is the response to her life?
9. How does Pancho treat his younger brother Carlos while they are playing in the garden?
10. What does the U.S. government think of the Lopez dynasty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Franco was arguably a terrible father to his children. Choose two of Franco's children and explain the negative effects that he had on their upbringing. How might the lives of the Lopez children have been altered if they were raised without Franco in their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Franco makes many poor decisions regarding his troops during his battle against Brazil. Choose two examples of poor military decisions that Franco makes during the war and explain the outcome that each of these decisions has on his troops.
Essay Topic 3
Ella and Franco had very different childhoods that inevitably led them to each other. Compare and contrast the childhoods that these characters had, and explain how their upbringings irrevocably altered their relationship.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)