|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character arranges for Dr. Mastermind's release from prison?
(a) Dona Ines.
(b) Baron von Fischer-Truenfeld.
(c) Charles Washburn.
(d) Ella Lynch.
2. When Ella returns to Paris, where does she hear that Princess Mathilde is living?
3. Which of the following characters are NOT jailed together in San Fernando?
(a) Vinciendo Lopez.
(b) Charles Washburn.
(c) Benigno Lopez.
(d) Dr. Mastermind.
4. Why are the horses of the Paraguayan Army dying?
(a) Because they all have rabies.
(b) Because they have no pastures to graze in.
(c) Because they have no water.
(d) Because they are unable to reproduce.
5. How many men does Franco foolishly lose during his battle in the marshes?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ella thinks about leaving Franco, where does she desire to go?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes General Diaz?
3. Who does Ella sue in the Parisian courts?
4. What have the Lopez children been forced to leave behind as they flee to San Fernando?
5. When Ella is peacefully riding through Piribebuy, what does she hear that takes her attention away from the peacefulness of the journey?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)