|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Franco build on the only high ground of Humaita?
(a) A fort.
(b) A play yard for his children.
(c) An opera house.
(d) A hospital.
2. What is the man sent across the river from Argentina suffering from?
(b) Small pox.
(d) Scarlet fever.
3. When Franco escapes the fall of Piribebuy, how many men are in his ragtag army?
4. What tribe do the indigenous Indians of Paraguay belong to?
5. Who does Franco blame for Miguel's death?
(b) Dr. Mastermind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals does NOT live in the swamps where Pancho has stationed his men?
2. What does Franco do when he realizes his forces have collapsed?
3. When Ella is peacefully riding through Piribebuy, what does she hear that takes her attention away from the peacefulness of the journey?
4. How does Dona Dolores' husband die?
5. Which of the following descriptions does NOT describe the state of Mathilde when the family reaches the Aquidaban River?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ella and Padre Fidel Maiz visit the statues at Caacupe?
2. How does General Diaz die?
3. What happens when Ella realizes that her horse, Mathilde, is dying by the banks of the Aquidaban River?
4. What effect does General Diaz have on Franco's troops?
5. Who is Baron von Fischer-Treunfeld?
6. What does Charles Washburn consider a wasted golden opportunity for the Brazilian forces?
7. What does Dr. Mastermind do upon his release from prison?
8. What has happened to Ella's belongings when she and her children return to Paris?
9. What fate befalls Alonzo Taylor's family after he escapes on a British ship?
10. What happens when Franco foolishly loses 6,000 men in the marshes of Humaita?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)