|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tribe do the indigenous Indians of Paraguay belong to?
2. How does Baron von Fischer-Truenfeld woo Ella?
(a) By taking her swimming in the sea.
(b) By taking her horseback riding.
(c) By taking her to play crouquet in the park.
(d) By taking her to eat at fancy restaurants.
3. Why are the horses of the Paraguayan Army dying?
(a) Because they are unable to reproduce.
(b) Because they have no water.
(c) Because they have no pastures to graze in.
(d) Because they all have rabies.
4. What does Colonel Estigarribia do after watching half his troops get slaughtered at the Rio Grande?
(a) He sends the other half of his troops in for backup.
(b) He retreats back to Paraguay.
(c) He surrenders.
(d) He kills himself.
5. How many ships does Franco send to Riachuelto with the hopes of capturing the Brazilian fleet?
(d) One hundred and fifty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franco have his brothers arrested for?
2. What card game does Benigno regularly play when he returns home from exile?
3. What is General Diaz's position in Franco's army?
4. Which of the following characters manages to coax Mathilde back into health?
5. What is the name of the American General who is sent to guide Ella and her children to Pikysyry?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)