|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tribe do the indigenous Indians of Paraguay belong to?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes General Diaz?
3. When Franco escapes the fall of Piribebuy, how many men are in his ragtag army?
4. What do believers donate to the statues at Caacupe?
(a) Gold coins.
(c) Precious metals.
5. Who tells Benigno of the plan to overthrow Franco?
(a) Dr. Mastermind.
(b) Charles Washburn.
(d) Dr. Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franco have his brothers arrested for?
2. What does Alonzo Taylor do for a living at Obispo Cue?
3. What is General Diaz doing when he is hit during the torpedo strike?
4. Where is General MacMahon recalled to after the fall of Asuncion?
5. How does Franco reward the men who survived the attack on Riachuelto?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charles Washburn consider a wasted golden opportunity for the Brazilian forces?
2. What befalls the "traitors" in the Lopez family after their arrest?
3. What conflict does Ella undertake when she decides she wants to leave Franco?
4. Who is Baron von Fischer-Treunfeld?
5. What happens when the entire Paraguayan fleet is sent to capture the Brazilian fleet in Riacheulto?
6. What fate befalls Alonzo Taylor's family after he escapes on a British ship?
7. How does Benigno spend his days when he returns home from exile?
8. How does General Diaz die?
9. What does Alonzo Taylor witness while marching in the prison lines?
10. What happens when Franco foolishly loses 6,000 men in the marshes of Humaita?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)