|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ships does Franco send to Riachuelto with the hopes of capturing the Brazilian fleet?
(b) One hundred and fifty.
2. What is the man sent across the river from Argentina suffering from?
(a) Small pox.
(c) Scarlet fever.
3. Which of Ella's sons is killed during the flight from Paraguay?
4. Which character is described as being "appealed" with the wasted golden opportunity for the Brazilians?
(a) Dr. Kennedy.
(b) Dr. Mastermind.
(c) Charles Washburn.
(d) Dona Ines.
5. Who finds Maria Olivia's dead body?
(a) Dona Ines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is General Diaz injured during the torpedo strike?
2. What city does Ella tell her children about while they are watching the executions?
3. Who does Charles Washburn think is ill-prepared to deal with arrest and torture?
4. To where does Colonel Thompson escape, meeting up with his brother?
5. Where does Ella bury Franco's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ella and Padre Fidel Maiz visit the statues at Caacupe?
2. How does Pancho behave when he leaves his home and joins his father at Humaita?
3. How does Pancho die?
4. What does Alonzo Taylor witness while marching in the prison lines?
5. What befalls the "traitors" in the Lopez family after their arrest?
6. What has happened to Ella's belongings when she and her children return to Paris?
7. What conflict does Ella undertake when she decides she wants to leave Franco?
8. What happens when Ella and her children are sent to relocate to the small town of Pikysyry?
9. What happens when Ella realizes that her horse, Mathilde, is dying by the banks of the Aquidaban River?
10. What happens when Franco foolishly loses 6,000 men in the marshes of Humaita?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)