|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Franco escapes the fall of Piribebuy, how many men are in his ragtag army?
2. What is General Diaz's position in Franco's army?
(a) Chief of Staff.
(b) Secretary of Defense.
(c) Commander in Chief.
(d) Lieutenant Major.
3. What is the man sent across the river from Argentina suffering from?
(c) Scarlet fever.
(d) Small pox.
4. When Ella returns to Paris, where does she hear that Princess Mathilde is living?
5. Which of the following is NOT an ailment affecting the wounded in the hospitals of Humaita?
(c) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Benigno of the plan to overthrow Franco?
2. Which of Ella's sons is killed during the flight from Paraguay?
3. When Ella is peacefully riding through Piribebuy, what does she hear that takes her attention away from the peacefulness of the journey?
4. What does Colonel Estigarribia do after watching half his troops get slaughtered at the Rio Grande?
5. How long does Miguel Lopez live before he dies prematurely?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflict does Ella undertake when she decides she wants to leave Franco?
2. How does Franco treat Benigno and Saturnino after their arrest for treason?
3. What does Charles Washburn consider a wasted golden opportunity for the Brazilian forces?
4. What happens when Ella and her children are sent to relocate to the small town of Pikysyry?
5. Who is Baron von Fischer-Treunfeld?
6. How does Franco die?
7. What happens when Ella and Padre Fidel Maiz visit the statues at Caacupe?
8. How does Benigno spend his days when he returns home from exile?
9. How does Pancho behave when he leaves his home and joins his father at Humaita?
10. What does Dr. Mastermind realize about Franco's hospitals in Humaita?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)