|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is struck by lightning but manages to survive?
(b) Dona Ines.
2. To where does Colonel Thompson escape, meeting up with his brother?
(b) Buenos Ayres.
3. What do believers donate to the statues at Caacupe?
(b) Precious metals.
(c) Gold coins.
4. When Ella thinks about leaving Franco, where does she desire to go?
5. At the time when the Brazilian steamers arrive in Asuncion, how many cannons does the city have to protect itself with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose spirit haunts Ella into her old age?
2. What does Franco give to Ella when she arrives at Humaita?
3. How does Franco reward the men who survived the attack on Riachuelto?
4. How many men does Franco foolishly lose during his battle in the marshes?
5. Who does Ella take with her to Caacupe to rob the statues?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Baron von Fischer-Treunfeld?
2. What befalls the "traitors" in the Lopez family after their arrest?
3. What has happened to Ella's belongings when she and her children return to Paris?
4. What effect does General Diaz have on Franco's troops?
5. What happens to Maria Olivia after the doctor realizes she is ill?
6. What conflict does Ella undertake when she decides she wants to leave Franco?
7. How does General Diaz die?
8. How does Pancho behave when he leaves his home and joins his father at Humaita?
9. What happens when Ella and her children are sent to relocate to the small town of Pikysyry?
10. What does Dr. Mastermind realize about Franco's hospitals in Humaita?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)