|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions does NOT describe the state of Mathilde when the family reaches the Aquidaban River?
(b) Covered in sores.
2. Who does Ella sue in the Parisian courts?
(a) Dr. Kennedy.
(b) Charles Washburn.
(c) Dr. Stewart.
(d) Dr. Mastermind.
3. Who tells Benigno of the plan to overthrow Franco?
(b) Dr. Mastermind.
(c) Dr. Kennedy.
(d) Charles Washburn.
4. What does Franco have his brothers arrested for?
5. What does Franco do when he realizes his forces have collapsed?
(a) He surrenders.
(b) He retreats on horseback.
(c) He kills himself.
(d) He continues to fight for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character arranges for Dr. Mastermind's release from prison?
2. Which of the following characters manages to coax Mathilde back into health?
3. What does Alonzo Taylor do for a living at Obispo Cue?
4. Where is Curupayty in relation to Humaita?
5. What is the city of San Fernando surrounded by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Ella's belongings when she and her children return to Paris?
2. What conflict does Ella undertake when she decides she wants to leave Franco?
3. What happens when Ella realizes that her horse, Mathilde, is dying by the banks of the Aquidaban River?
4. How does Dr. Mastermind spend his days in prison?
5. What happens to Maria Olivia after the doctor realizes she is ill?
6. What does Dr. Mastermind do upon his release from prison?
7. What happens when Ella and Padre Fidel Maiz visit the statues at Caacupe?
8. What does Alonzo Taylor witness while marching in the prison lines?
9. Who is Baron von Fischer-Treunfeld?
10. What happens when the entire Paraguayan fleet is sent to capture the Brazilian fleet in Riacheulto?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)