|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is General Diaz's position in Franco's army?
(a) Lieutenant Major.
(b) Secretary of Defense.
(c) Commander in Chief.
(d) Chief of Staff.
2. What is General Diaz doing when he is hit during the torpedo strike?
(a) Fishing on a bridge.
(b) Eating at the mess hall.
(c) Sleeping in his bed.
(d) Rowing his canoe.
3. Which of the following characters is struck by lightning but manages to survive?
(d) Dona Ines.
4. Who tells Benigno of the plan to overthrow Franco?
(a) Dr. Kennedy.
(c) Dr. Mastermind.
(d) Charles Washburn.
5. What tribe do the indigenous Indians of Paraguay belong to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franco give to Ella when she arrives at Humaita?
2. What does Pancho begin collecting from the enemy soldiers killed in battle?
3. Which of the following characters manages to coax Mathilde back into health?
4. Which character arranges for Dr. Mastermind's release from prison?
5. What does Franco demand from all the women in Paraguay to help support his war against Brazil?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Mastermind spend his days in prison?
2. What happens to Maria Olivia after the doctor realizes she is ill?
3. What befalls the "traitors" in the Lopez family after their arrest?
4. How does Benigno spend his days when he returns home from exile?
5. Who is Baron von Fischer-Treunfeld?
6. What does Charles Washburn consider a wasted golden opportunity for the Brazilian forces?
7. What happens when Ella and Padre Fidel Maiz visit the statues at Caacupe?
8. What happens when Ella realizes that her horse, Mathilde, is dying by the banks of the Aquidaban River?
9. How does Pancho die?
10. What conflict does Ella undertake when she decides she wants to leave Franco?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)