|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dr. Mastermind arrested?
(a) For treason.
(b) For stealing medical supplies.
(c) For letting General Diaz die.
(d) He is given no reason for his arrest.
2. Which character arranges for Dr. Mastermind's release from prison?
(a) Dona Ines.
(b) Charles Washburn.
(c) Baron von Fischer-Truenfeld.
(d) Ella Lynch.
3. Which of the following is NOT an ailment affecting the wounded in the hospitals of Humaita?
(c) Scarlet fever.
4. How many Brazilian steamers arrive in Asuncion on the day that the people begin to riot?
(d) Five hundred.
5. What card game does Benigno regularly play when he returns home from exile?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is General MacMahon recalled to after the fall of Asuncion?
2. When Ella is peacefully riding through Piribebuy, what does she hear that takes her attention away from the peacefulness of the journey?
3. When Ella thinks about leaving Franco, where does she desire to go?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes General Diaz?
5. Which of the following is NOT a punishment that Franco's sisters must endure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Maria Olivia after the doctor realizes she is ill?
2. What conflict does Ella undertake when she decides she wants to leave Franco?
3. What does Alonzo Taylor witness while marching in the prison lines?
4. What does Charles Washburn consider a wasted golden opportunity for the Brazilian forces?
5. What effect does General Diaz have on Franco's troops?
6. How does Pancho die?
7. What fate befalls Alonzo Taylor's family after he escapes on a British ship?
8. Who is Baron von Fischer-Treunfeld?
9. What does Dr. Mastermind do upon his release from prison?
10. How does General Diaz die?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)