|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following creatures does NOT infest Dr. Mastermind's cell?
2. Who does Franco blame for Miguel's death?
(c) Dr. Mastermind.
3. How does Ella defend herself against the native Brazilian that attacks her while she is traveling?
(a) By stabbing him with a sword.
(b) By threatening him with Franco's power.
(c) By running away and hiding in the woods.
(d) By punching him in the nose.
4. When Ella returns to Paris, where does she hear that Princess Mathilde is living?
5. How long does Miguel Lopez live before he dies prematurely?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is struck by lightning but manages to survive?
2. What is General Diaz doing when he is hit during the torpedo strike?
3. Which of the following characters manages to coax Mathilde back into health?
4. How does Franco witness the battles at Curupayty?
5. Why is Dr. Mastermind arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pancho die?
2. Who is Baron von Fischer-Treunfeld?
3. What effect does General Diaz have on Franco's troops?
4. What happens when Ella and Padre Fidel Maiz visit the statues at Caacupe?
5. What conflict does Ella undertake when she decides she wants to leave Franco?
6. How does Franco treat Benigno and Saturnino after their arrest for treason?
7. How does Pancho behave when he leaves his home and joins his father at Humaita?
8. What does Dr. Mastermind realize about Franco's hospitals in Humaita?
9. How does Dr. Mastermind spend his days in prison?
10. What happens to Maria Olivia after the doctor realizes she is ill?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)