|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many generals does Franco put in charge of his troops at the Rio Grande?
2. Which character arranges for Dr. Mastermind's release from prison?
(a) Charles Washburn.
(b) Baron von Fischer-Truenfeld.
(c) Dona Ines.
(d) Ella Lynch.
3. Who does Charles Washburn think is ill-prepared to deal with arrest and torture?
(a) Vinciendo Lopez.
(b) Benigno Lopez.
(c) Dr. Mastermind.
(d) Dr. Kennedy.
4. What does Franco build on the only high ground of Humaita?
(a) An opera house.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A play yard for his children.
(d) A fort.
5. How does Franco die?
(a) He is drowned.
(b) He is executed by the Brazilian courts.
(c) He is stabbed to death.
(d) He is shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shortly after Ella arrives in Paris, what war breaks out?
2. What freak weather occurs when Ella is looting the statues?
3. What city does Ella tell her children about while they are watching the executions?
4. When do the allied forces make a pact to fight until?
5. What does Franco do when he realizes his forces have collapsed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Mastermind realize about Franco's hospitals in Humaita?
2. What befalls the "traitors" in the Lopez family after their arrest?
3. What does Charles Washburn consider a wasted golden opportunity for the Brazilian forces?
4. How does Franco die?
5. What effect does General Diaz have on Franco's troops?
6. What happens when Ella and her children are sent to relocate to the small town of Pikysyry?
7. Who is Baron von Fischer-Treunfeld?
8. What does Dr. Mastermind do upon his release from prison?
9. What happens when Franco foolishly loses 6,000 men in the marshes of Humaita?
10. What happens when the entire Paraguayan fleet is sent to capture the Brazilian fleet in Riacheulto?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)