|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Colonel Thompson escape, meeting up with his brother?
(b) Buenos Ayres.
2. Which of the following creatures does NOT infest Dr. Mastermind's cell?
3. Whose spirit haunts Ella into her old age?
(b) Her dead daughter.
(d) The Brazilian soldier.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes General Diaz?
5. Where is Curupayty in relation to Humaita?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the American General who is sent to guide Ella and her children to Pikysyry?
2. How does Ella defend herself against the native Brazilian that attacks her while she is traveling?
3. Who tells Benigno of the plan to overthrow Franco?
4. What does Pancho begin collecting from the enemy soldiers killed in battle?
5. What is General Robles' response to the swift defeat of the Paraguayan Navy at Riachuelto?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does General Diaz have on Franco's troops?
2. How does Franco die?
3. What reaction waves through the women of Paraguay when Franco demands that they hand over their jewelry in support of the war against Brazil?
4. What does Dr. Mastermind realize about Franco's hospitals in Humaita?
5. What conflict does Ella undertake when she decides she wants to leave Franco?
6. How does Pancho die?
7. What happens when Franco foolishly loses 6,000 men in the marshes of Humaita?
8. What happens when the entire Paraguayan fleet is sent to capture the Brazilian fleet in Riacheulto?
9. What happens when Ella realizes that her horse, Mathilde, is dying by the banks of the Aquidaban River?
10. What happens when Ella and her children are sent to relocate to the small town of Pikysyry?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)