|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a punishment that Franco's sisters must endure?
(a) Being starved.
(b) Being publically whipped.
(c) Having their dresses pulled over their heads in public.
(d) Watching their husbands' excecutions.
2. What does Franco do when he realizes his forces have collapsed?
(a) He continues to fight for himself.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) He retreats on horseback.
(d) He surrenders.
3. Which of the following is NOT an ailment affecting the wounded in the hospitals of Humaita?
(a) Scarlet fever.
4. Which of Ella's sons is killed during the flight from Paraguay?
5. Where is Curupayty in relation to Humaita?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions does NOT describe the state of Mathilde when the family reaches the Aquidaban River?
2. When Franco escapes the fall of Piribebuy, how many men are in his ragtag army?
3. Who does Franco blame for Miguel's death?
4. How long does Miguel Lopez live before he dies prematurely?
5. Whose spirit haunts Ella into her old age?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)