|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the allied forces make a pact to fight until?
(a) Franco Lopez is out of power.
(b) Paraguay falls from power.
(c) Franco Lopez is dead.
(d) Paraguay merges back into one land with Uraguay.
2. How does Ella defend herself against the native Brazilian that attacks her while she is traveling?
(a) By punching him in the nose.
(b) By running away and hiding in the woods.
(c) By threatening him with Franco's power.
(d) By stabbing him with a sword.
3. When Ella is peacefully riding through Piribebuy, what does she hear that takes her attention away from the peacefulness of the journey?
(a) She hears an old woman weeping.
(b) She hears a dog being beaten.
(c) She hears a baby being born.
(d) She hears a man get shot.
4. What city does Ella tell her children about while they are watching the executions?
5. Which of the following creatures does NOT infest Dr. Mastermind's cell?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Ella's sons is killed during the flight from Paraguay?
2. Who finds Maria Olivia's dead body?
3. Which of the following characters is struck by lightning but manages to survive?
4. How does Franco reward the men who survived the attack on Riachuelto?
5. When Franco has nightmares, what does he shout in his sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charles Washburn consider a wasted golden opportunity for the Brazilian forces?
2. How does Pancho behave when he leaves his home and joins his father at Humaita?
3. How does Franco die?
4. Who is Baron von Fischer-Treunfeld?
5. How does General Diaz die?
6. What does Dr. Mastermind realize about Franco's hospitals in Humaita?
7. What happens when Ella and her children are sent to relocate to the small town of Pikysyry?
8. What happens when Ella realizes that her horse, Mathilde, is dying by the banks of the Aquidaban River?
9. What happens to Maria Olivia after the doctor realizes she is ill?
10. What does Dr. Mastermind do upon his release from prison?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)