|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters manages to coax Mathilde back into health?
(b) Dona Ines.
2. How long is Dr. Mastermind kept in his jail cell?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Seven hours.
3. Who does Franco blame for Miguel's death?
(c) Dr. Mastermind.
4. Shortly after Ella arrives in Paris, what war breaks out?
(a) The Anglo-Martha War.
(b) The Franco-Prussian War.
(c) The Great French War.
(d) The Second Hundred Years War.
5. Which character arranges for Dr. Mastermind's release from prison?
(a) Baron von Fischer-Truenfeld.
(b) Dona Ines.
(c) Charles Washburn.
(d) Ella Lynch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pancho begin collecting from the enemy soldiers killed in battle?
2. What does Franco have his brothers arrested for?
3. Why is Dr. Mastermind arrested?
4. What does Franco do when he realizes his forces have collapsed?
5. How does Dona Dolores' husband die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflict does Ella undertake when she decides she wants to leave Franco?
2. What happens when the entire Paraguayan fleet is sent to capture the Brazilian fleet in Riacheulto?
3. What does Dr. Mastermind realize about Franco's hospitals in Humaita?
4. What happens to Maria Olivia after the doctor realizes she is ill?
5. What does Alonzo Taylor witness while marching in the prison lines?
6. How does Franco treat Benigno and Saturnino after their arrest for treason?
7. How does Dr. Mastermind spend his days in prison?
8. Who is Baron von Fischer-Treunfeld?
9. How does Pancho behave when he leaves his home and joins his father at Humaita?
10. What befalls the "traitors" in the Lopez family after their arrest?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)