|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man sent across the river from Argentina suffering from?
(a) Small pox.
(d) Scarlet fever.
2. To where does Colonel Thompson escape, meeting up with his brother?
(d) Buenos Ayres.
3. Shortly after Ella arrives in Paris, what war breaks out?
(a) The Anglo-Martha War.
(b) The Great French War.
(c) The Franco-Prussian War.
(d) The Second Hundred Years War.
4. What is the name of the American General who is sent to guide Ella and her children to Pikysyry?
5. What does Alonzo Taylor do for a living at Obispo Cue?
(a) He is a stone worker.
(b) He is a musician.
(c) He is a pool boy.
(d) He is a gardener.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Brazilian steamers arrive in Asuncion on the day that the people begin to riot?
2. What military implement does Lieutenant Major George Thompson build at Curupayty?
3. How does Franco witness the battles at Curupayty?
4. How does Franco reward the men who survived the attack on Riachuelto?
5. How does Ella defend herself against the native Brazilian that attacks her while she is traveling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Mastermind realize about Franco's hospitals in Humaita?
2. What happens to Maria Olivia after the doctor realizes she is ill?
3. How does Dr. Mastermind spend his days in prison?
4. What happens when Franco foolishly loses 6,000 men in the marshes of Humaita?
5. What effect does General Diaz have on Franco's troops?
6. Who is Baron von Fischer-Treunfeld?
7. How does Franco die?
8. What happens when Ella and Padre Fidel Maiz visit the statues at Caacupe?
9. What happens when Ella realizes that her horse, Mathilde, is dying by the banks of the Aquidaban River?
10. What does Charles Washburn consider a wasted golden opportunity for the Brazilian forces?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)