|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what part of Franco's body must Dr. Mastermind attempt surgery?
(a) On his toes.
(b) On his stomach.
(c) On his teeth.
(d) On his fingers.
2. During what month does Ella write a letter rebuking Franco's sisters to Mathilde?
3. Who returns to Marie to tend to her injuries?
(b) Dr. Kennedy.
4. Why does the previous dictator of Paraguay order people to stay in their homes while he travels?
(a) He was afraid of catching their diseases.
(b) He was so afraid of being killed.
(c) He was hideously ugly and didn't want his people to see him.
(d) He was constantly being robbed.
5. Why does the bishop refuse to baptize Juan Francisco?
(a) Because Franco and Ella aren't members of the church.
(b) Because Franco and Ella aren't married.
(c) Because he believes the baby is possessed.
(d) Because the bishop has been paid to ignore Ella's request.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ella have trouble conversing with aboard the steamer?
2. What does Ella decide to name her newborn son?
3. What does Henry Kennedy do for a living?
4. How does Ella feel when she hears the news that Marie has died?
5. What material is being used, for the first time in Paraguay, to build the Obispo Cue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Isabella de Braganza, and what is her relationship to Franco?
2. What happens to the groom that Ella hired to care for Mathilde?
3. Why does Franco declare war against Brazil?
4. What events does Franco partake in while at the border of Argentina, in Cerro Leon?
5. What does the U.S. government think of the Lopez dynasty?
6. What happens to Dr. Kennedy while on his trek across Lake Ipacarai?
7. What is Franco's relationship with his family?
8. Who is Dona Ines?
9. Who is Carmencita, and what is her relationship to Franco?
10. What is life like for Ella and Dimitri before he leaves to fight in the war?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)