|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month does Ella write a letter rebuking Franco's sisters to Mathilde?
2. Who is sent to San Pedro in a form of banishment?
(a) Dona Juana.
(b) Padre Maiz.
(d) Chief Justice Lescano.
3. How many times has Ella been married since leaving home?
(d) Three times.
4. How old is Ella when she leaves her childhood home and changes her name?
5. What sport does Ella take up to remove her mind from Franco's affairs?
(d) Horse back riding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of resistance do the Paraguayan ground troops meet in Brazil?
2. What small animal is also aboard the steamer and acts as a constant annoyance to Ella?
3. Why does the previous dictator of Paraguay order people to stay in their homes while he travels?
4. How many guns are ordered to shoot in the salute to Juan Franco?
5. On what part of Franco's body must Dr. Mastermind attempt surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What accident befalls Marie while riding horseback to Paraguay?
2. How does Ella pass her time while she is living alone in Buenos Ayres?
3. What does the U.S. government think of the Lopez dynasty?
4. What happens when Franco and Ella try to have their son baptized?
5. How do the Paraguayan forces conduct themselves in battle with Brazil?
6. Who is Isabella de Braganza, and what is her relationship to Franco?
7. How do Ella and Franco plan to make the trip to Buenos Ayres, and what is their reaction to the journey?
8. What is Franco's first act of power in the presidency?
9. What is life like for Ella and Dimitri before he leaves to fight in the war?
10. Who is Frederick Mastermind?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)