|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the horse that Franco purchases for Ella?
2. Why does Ella stay behind in Buenos Ayres while Franco travels ahead?
(a) Becuase she is ill.
(b) To have the baby.
(c) Because she doesn't want to meet Franco's family.
(d) To purchase a home.
3. Where do the two Paraguayan businessmen travel without state permission?
4. What color does Ella want the Obispo Cue painted?
5. What does Franco deliver to Ella's home, bribing the doorman to give to her?
(a) A lacy brassiere.
(b) His calling card.
(c) A new horse.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marie?
2. What does Henry Kennedy do for a living?
3. In what country is Franco's father president?
4. Where does Ella stay while living in Buenos Ayres?
5. How many daughters does Ella give birth to through the course of her child bearing years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Corinna Adelaida, and what is the response to her life?
2. What happens when Franco tries to start a vineyard in the wooded land near his home?
3. How does Franco spend his time wooing Ella?
4. What work does Dr. Mastermind do while the Paraguayan forces are at battle with Brazil?
5. What happens during the 101-gun salute to Juan Francisco?
6. What accident befalls Marie while riding horseback to Paraguay?
7. Why does Franco declare war against Brazil?
8. What happens when Franco and Ella try to have their son baptized?
9. How do the Paraguayan forces conduct themselves in battle with Brazil?
10. Why does Ella decide to leave the steamer and continue her travels on horseback?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)