|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to the Obispo Cue, what other building does Franco build for Ella?
(a) An opera house.
(b) A swimming arena.
(c) A horse stable.
(d) A sauna/steamroom.
2. What is the name of Franco's apothecary general?
(a) Frederick Mastermind.
(b) Ludwig Stronghold.
(c) Gerard Peaceweaver.
(d) Bernard Herosong.
3. What does Dona Ines' father do for a living?
(a) He was a carpenter.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was a soldier.
(d) He was a chef.
4. What object of Ella's does Franco stop and pick up when she drops it?
(a) One of her silk gloves.
(b) A gold threaded necklace.
(c) A feather from her hat.
(d) A parasol.
5. How long will Ella and Franco's trip to Buenos Ayres take them?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which war does Dimitri leave Ella to go fight?
2. Where does Ella stay while living in Buenos Ayres?
3. To whom is Princess Mathilde reportedly related to?
4. Who does Ella have trouble conversing with aboard the steamer?
5. During what month of the year does Ella and company finally arrive in Buenos Ayres?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unexpected troubles arise for Franco when he declares war against Brazil?
2. How do the Paraguayan forces conduct themselves in battle with Brazil?
3. What does the U.S. government think of the Lopez dynasty?
4. How does Ella pass her time while she is living alone in Buenos Ayres?
5. How do Ella Lynch and Francisco Solano Lopez meet?
6. How does Franco take to his new political power?
7. Who is Corinna Adelaida, and what is the response to her life?
8. What accident befalls Marie while riding horseback to Paraguay?
9. Who is Dona Ines?
10. Who is Frederick Mastermind?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)