|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project does Franco undertake with French colonists on his land?
(a) Building a school.
(b) Building a church.
(c) Building a vineyard.
(d) Building a chicken farm.
2. How many guns are ordered to shoot in the salute to Juan Franco?
3. How does Dr. Kennedy become unconscious on the shore of the lake?
(a) He has a stroke.
(b) He blacks out from dehydration.
(c) Another traveler punches him in the face.
(d) He hits his head on a rock.
4. How long should Dr. Kennedy's trek across the lake take?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
5. What happens to the man who speaks out against Franco during his election?
(a) He is drowned.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is hanged.
(d) He is tortured to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Ella and Franco plan to travel to Buenos Ayres?
2. Why is Marie delirious during her last days of life?
3. How many daughters does Ella give birth to through the course of her child bearing years?
4. What animal does Franco ride in the military because it sits him higher than the rest of the troops?
5. What does Ella decide to name her newborn son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Franco and Ella try to have their son baptized?
2. What does Franco do directly upon arriving to Buenos Ayres?
3. What unexpected troubles arise for Franco when he declares war against Brazil?
4. How does Franco take to his new political power?
5. How do Franco's sisters treat Ella upon her arrival to Paraguay?
6. What accident befalls Marie while riding horseback to Paraguay?
7. Who is Carmencita, and what is her relationship to Franco?
8. Who is Dona Ines?
9. What is the Obispo Cue?
10. How is Juan Francisco welcomed into the world?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)