|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ella and Franco plan to travel to Buenos Ayres?
(a) By plane.
(b) By ship.
(c) By car.
(d) By carriage.
2. How many guns are ordered to shoot in the salute to Juan Franco?
3. Who is sent to San Pedro in a form of banishment?
(b) Dona Juana.
(c) Chief Justice Lescano.
(d) Padre Maiz.
4. At the opening of the novel, where does Ella live?
(a) In Ireland.
(b) In Paraguay.
(c) In Paris.
(d) In Russia.
5. Upon arriving in Buenos Ayres, how does Ella feel about Dimitri?
(a) She still worries about him.
(b) She is amused by their past relationship.
(c) She wishes him dead.
(d) She has completely forgotten him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Ella been married since leaving home?
2. What object of Ella's does Franco stop and pick up when she drops it?
3. How many innocent people are put into prisons during the dictatorship prior to Franco's father taking power?
4. What relationship does Carmencita have with Carlos?
5. How long will Ella and Franco's trip to Buenos Ayres take them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the U.S. government think of the Lopez dynasty?
2. How is Ella treated when visiting the opera house Franco has built?
3. What happens when Franco tries to start a vineyard in the wooded land near his home?
4. What events does Franco partake in while at the border of Argentina, in Cerro Leon?
5. How do Ella and Franco plan to make the trip to Buenos Ayres, and what is their reaction to the journey?
6. What unexpected troubles arise for Franco when he declares war against Brazil?
7. How does Franco take to his new political power?
8. What is Franco's relationship with his family?
9. What happens to the groom that Ella hired to care for Mathilde?
10. Who is Henry Kennedy, and why is he living in Buenos Ayres?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)