|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month does Ella write a letter rebuking Franco's sisters to Mathilde?
2. What is the name of the previous dictator of Paraguay, before Franco's father?
(a) Don Jose Gaspar Rodriguez de Francia.
(b) Luz Pasqual.
(c) King Peter Phillipe.
(d) Hernando de Cueranto.
3. Where does Ella stay while living in Buenos Ayres?
(a) At a friend's home.
(b) On the steamer ship.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In her newly purchased estate.
4. What language is Ella learning to speak while she is living in Paraguay?
5. Which war does Dimitri leave Ella to go fight?
(a) The Balkan War.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The First World War.
(d) The Crimean War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is General Vincent Barrios considered ill-prepared to lead the troops in battle?
2. What country does Henry Kennedy come to Buenos Ayres from?
3. What does Charles Washburn think of the Lopez dynasty?
4. Which of the following characters is NOT one of Ella's ladies in waiting?
5. What country does the Banda Oriental belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Obispo Cue?
2. Who is Carmencita, and what is her relationship to Franco?
3. How is Ella treated when visiting the opera house Franco has built?
4. How do Ella Lynch and Francisco Solano Lopez meet?
5. Who is Dona Ines?
6. Who is Corinna Adelaida, and what is the response to her life?
7. How do the Paraguayan forces conduct themselves in battle with Brazil?
8. What is life like for Ella and Dimitri before he leaves to fight in the war?
9. Who is Henry Kennedy, and why is he living in Buenos Ayres?
10. What happens when Franco tries to start a vineyard in the wooded land near his home?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)