|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ella do for Franco every night until he falls asleep?
(a) Reads to him.
(b) Counts his money.
(c) Rubs his feet.
(d) Sings for him.
2. Why is Marie delirious during her last days of life?
(a) From fever.
(b) From blood loss.
(c) From starvation.
(d) From a concussion.
3. To whom is Princess Mathilde reportedly related to?
(a) King Henry VIII.
(c) Marie Antoinette.
4. What is the name of Franco's apothecary general?
(a) Ludwig Stronghold.
(b) Frederick Mastermind.
(c) Bernard Herosong.
(d) Gerard Peaceweaver.
5. What country is Dom Pedro the president of?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Corinna die?
2. What color does Ella want the Obispo Cue painted?
3. How many innocent people are put into prisons during the dictatorship prior to Franco's father taking power?
4. How does Ella treat Marie after her accident?
5. Why does the previous dictator of Paraguay order people to stay in their homes while he travels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charles Washburn consider a wasted golden opportunity for the Brazilian forces?
2. What has happened to Ella's belongings when she and her children return to Paris?
3. How does Benigno spend his days when he returns home from exile?
4. How does Franco die?
5. How is Ella treated when visiting the opera house Franco has built?
6. What does Franco do directly upon arriving to Buenos Ayres?
7. What does the U.S. government think of the Lopez dynasty?
8. Why does Franco declare war against Brazil?
9. How do Ella and Franco plan to make the trip to Buenos Ayres, and what is their reaction to the journey?
10. What reaction waves through the women of Paraguay when Franco demands that they hand over their jewelry in support of the war against Brazil?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)