|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed to be Franco's biggest fear?
2. What is the nationality of Dimitri, Ella's live-in man?
(a) He is German.
(b) He is Spanish.
(c) He is French.
(d) He is Russian.
3. How many times has Ella been married since leaving home?
(c) Three times.
4. Why does Franco's father have Carlos arrested?
(a) For murder.
(b) For treason.
(c) For debts.
(d) For theivery.
5. Which of the following characters is NOT one of Ella's ladies in waiting?
(a) Dona Isidora.
(b) Senora Juliana.
(c) Senora Dona Dolores.
(d) Dona Juana.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will Ella and Franco's trip to Buenos Ayres take them?
2. What project does Franco undertake with French colonists on his land?
3. Why is Marie delirious during her last days of life?
4. How does Franco feel when Ella finds out about his affairs?
5. What country does the Banda Oriental belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Juan Francisco welcomed into the world?
2. How does Ella respond to Marie after Marie suffers her terrible injury?
3. What work does Dr. Mastermind do while the Paraguayan forces are at battle with Brazil?
4. How is Ella treated when visiting the opera house Franco has built?
5. What happens to Dr. Kennedy while on his trek across Lake Ipacarai?
6. Who is Corinna Adelaida, and what is the response to her life?
7. Why does Franco keep a frog in a basin in his bedroom?
8. What does the U.S. government think of the Lopez dynasty?
9. What is life like for Ella and Dimitri before he leaves to fight in the war?
10. What happens to the groom that Ella hired to care for Mathilde?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)