Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ella do for Franco every night until he falls asleep?
(a) Rubs his feet.
(b) Sings for him.
(c) Counts his money.
(d) Reads to him.
2. Why does Franco's father have Carlos arrested?
(a) For treason.
(b) For murder.
(c) For theivery.
(d) For debts.
3. What country is Dom Pedro the president of?
4. Why is General Vincent Barrios considered ill-prepared to lead the troops in battle?
(a) Because he is severely overweight.
(b) Because he cannot read.
(c) Because he does not speak Spanish.
(d) Becuase he is always drunk.
5. Why does the previous dictator of Paraguay order people to stay in their homes while he travels?
(a) He was constantly being robbed.
(b) He was hideously ugly and didn't want his people to see him.
(c) He was so afraid of being killed.
(d) He was afraid of catching their diseases.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the women aboard the steamer treat Ella?
2. What does Pancho do when he finally catches his younger brother in the garden?
3. What type of resistance do the Paraguayan ground troops meet in Brazil?
4. What animal does Franco ride in the military because it sits him higher than the rest of the troops?
5. During what month does Ella write a letter rebuking Franco's sisters to Mathilde?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Franco do directly upon arriving to Buenos Ayres?
2. What happens when Franco and Ella try to have their son baptized?
3. How does Dr. Mastermind spend his days in prison?
4. How does General Diaz die?
5. What accident befalls Marie while riding horseback to Paraguay?
6. Who is Henry Kennedy, and why is he living in Buenos Ayres?
7. What unexpected troubles arise for Franco when he declares war against Brazil?
8. Why does Franco keep a frog in a basin in his bedroom?
9. What happens when Ella realizes that her horse, Mathilde, is dying by the banks of the Aquidaban River?
10. How does Franco die?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)