|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ella feel when she hears the news that Marie has died?
(a) She is completely apathetic.
(b) She is confused and refuses to believe that her friend has died.
(c) She stays in mourning for weeks.
(d) She is momentarilly sad but quickly gets over it.
2. What material is being used, for the first time in Paraguay, to build the Obispo Cue?
3. How does Franco travel to Paraguay from Buenos Ayres?
(a) By boat.
(b) By carriage.
(c) By taxi.
(d) By mule.
4. How does Ella decide to travel after leaving the steamer?
(a) By train.
(b) By foot.
(c) By carriage.
(d) By horseback.
5. Which of the following is NOT a common practice of the Paraguayan troops?
(a) Pillaging villages.
(b) Shooting troops as they attempt to surrender.
(c) Setting homes on fire.
(d) Raping women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Charles Washburn?
2. What is revealed to be Franco's biggest fear?
3. What do many of the Paraguayan soldiers suffer from due to their diet?
4. In what country is Franco's father president?
5. In what city of Paraguay do Franco and his family live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ella and Franco plan to make the trip to Buenos Ayres, and what is their reaction to the journey?
2. What happens when Franco and Ella try to have their son baptized?
3. What is Franco's first act of power in the presidency?
4. How does Franco take to his new political power?
5. What work does Dr. Mastermind do while the Paraguayan forces are at battle with Brazil?
6. Who is Dona Ines?
7. How does Ella respond to Marie after Marie suffers her terrible injury?
8. What happens when Franco tries to start a vineyard in the wooded land near his home?
9. What events does Franco partake in while at the border of Argentina, in Cerro Leon?
10. What does Franco do directly upon arriving to Buenos Ayres?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)