|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does the Banda Oriental belong to?
2. What is the name of the lake that Dr. Kennedy hopes to trek?
(a) Lake Mojambishu.
(b) Lake Ipacari.
(c) Lake Lalurna.
(d) Lake Cowasack.
3. What language is Ella learning to speak while she is living in Paraguay?
4. Where does Franco begin training his troops to fight?
(c) Cerro Leon.
(d) Monte Video.
5. Where do Paraguayan forces find their first set of Brazilians to imprison?
(a) On a steamer.
(b) On a fishing boat.
(c) On a yacht.
(d) On a cruise ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ella's fifth son?
2. What does Ella decide to name her newborn son?
3. How does Franco travel to Paraguay from Buenos Ayres?
4. Which of the following characters is NOT one of Ella's ladies in waiting?
5. What is revealed to be Franco's biggest fear?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pancho treat his younger brother Carlos while they are playing in the garden?
2. Why does Franco declare war against Brazil?
3. How do the Paraguayan forces conduct themselves in battle with Brazil?
4. Who is Carmencita, and what is her relationship to Franco?
5. What is Ella's life like leading up to her time in Paris?
6. How does Franco take to his new political power?
7. What happens during the 101-gun salute to Juan Francisco?
8. What does the U.S. government think of the Lopez dynasty?
9. What does Franco do directly upon arriving to Buenos Ayres?
10. What is Franco's first act of power in the presidency?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)