|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to discover that Ella is pregnant?
(c) Dona Ines.
2. What do many of the Paraguayan soldiers suffer from due to their diet?
(d) Kidney stones.
3. Where does Franco fit in the birth order of his siblings?
(a) He is the oldest.
(b) He doesn't know - he has never met his brothers.
(c) He is in the middle.
(d) He is the youngest.
4. Why does the previous dictator of Paraguay order people to stay in their homes while he travels?
(a) He was so afraid of being killed.
(b) He was hideously ugly and didn't want his people to see him.
(c) He was afraid of catching their diseases.
(d) He was constantly being robbed.
5. Where do Paraguayan forces find their first set of Brazilians to imprison?
(a) On a fishing boat.
(b) On a cruise ship.
(c) On a yacht.
(d) On a steamer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Franco's sons is described as being slow and not very good at hiding?
2. What country does Henry Kennedy come to Buenos Ayres from?
3. What does Pancho do when he finally catches his younger brother in the garden?
4. How many siblings does Franco have?
5. What country does the Banda Oriental belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Franco's relationship with his family?
2. How do Ella and Franco plan to make the trip to Buenos Ayres, and what is their reaction to the journey?
3. What happens when Franco and Ella try to have their son baptized?
4. How do Franco's sisters treat Ella upon her arrival to Paraguay?
5. What is the Obispo Cue?
6. Who is Henry Kennedy, and why is he living in Buenos Ayres?
7. How does Ella respond to Marie after Marie suffers her terrible injury?
8. How does Ella pass her time while she is living alone in Buenos Ayres?
9. Who is Frederick Mastermind?
10. What unexpected troubles arise for Franco when he declares war against Brazil?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)