|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Ella been married since leaving home?
(a) Three times.
2. On what part of Franco's body must Dr. Mastermind attempt surgery?
(a) On his toes.
(b) On his fingers.
(c) On his stomach.
(d) On his teeth.
3. After a quick questioning, what ailment does Dr. Mastermind discover that Maria Olivia is suffering from?
(a) Kidney stones.
4. What is the name of the previous dictator of Paraguay, before Franco's father?
(a) King Peter Phillipe.
(b) Don Jose Gaspar Rodriguez de Francia.
(c) Luz Pasqual.
(d) Hernando de Cueranto.
5. What does Pancho do when he finally catches his younger brother in the garden?
(a) He gives him a giant hug.
(b) He slaps his brother across the face.
(c) He buries him in a deep hole.
(d) He pleads with his brother to treat him more kindly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Charles Washburn?
2. Which war does Dimitri leave Ella to go fight?
3. Who writes letters home to Yvette pretending to be Maria?
4. Where does Franco begin training his troops to fight?
5. Who does Franco put in charge of ground forces in Brazil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events does Franco partake in while at the border of Argentina, in Cerro Leon?
2. What happens when Franco and Ella try to have their son baptized?
3. How do Ella and Franco plan to make the trip to Buenos Ayres, and what is their reaction to the journey?
4. How does Ella pass her time while she is living alone in Buenos Ayres?
5. What happens when Franco tries to start a vineyard in the wooded land near his home?
6. Who is Dona Ines?
7. Why does Ella decide to leave the steamer and continue her travels on horseback?
8. What is life like for Ella and Dimitri before he leaves to fight in the war?
9. Who is Frederick Mastermind?
10. What happens to the groom that Ella hired to care for Mathilde?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)