|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Franco's apothecary general?
(a) Frederick Mastermind.
(b) Gerard Peaceweaver.
(c) Bernard Herosong.
(d) Ludwig Stronghold.
2. In what country is Franco's father president?
3. Who writes the letter to Franco declaring him President of Paraguay?
(a) Dona Ines.
(b) Napoleon Bonaparte.
(c) Don Pedro.
(d) No letter arrives, Franco declares himself President.
4. After a quick questioning, what ailment does Dr. Mastermind discover that Maria Olivia is suffering from?
(c) Kidney stones.
5. How do Ella and Franco plan to travel to Buenos Ayres?
(a) By ship.
(b) By car.
(c) By plane.
(d) By carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does Franco have?
2. Who does Franco put in charge of ground forces in Brazil?
3. How many times has Ella been married since leaving home?
4. How does Franco travel to Paraguay from Buenos Ayres?
5. What does Henry Kennedy do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ella's life like leading up to her time in Paris?
2. What happens to the groom that Ella hired to care for Mathilde?
3. How do the Paraguayan forces conduct themselves in battle with Brazil?
4. What accident befalls Marie while riding horseback to Paraguay?
5. How does Ella pass her time while she is living alone in Buenos Ayres?
6. Who is Carmencita, and what is her relationship to Franco?
7. What happens to Dr. Kennedy while on his trek across Lake Ipacarai?
8. What events does Franco partake in while at the border of Argentina, in Cerro Leon?
9. How does Pancho treat his younger brother Carlos while they are playing in the garden?
10. Why does Ella decide to leave the steamer and continue her travels on horseback?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)