|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the treatments that Franco's sisters give to Ella?
(a) Hiding food from her.
(b) Spitting on her.
(c) Refusing to talk to her.
(d) Ridiculing her clothes.
2. How does Corinna die?
(a) She dies of unknown causes.
(b) She drowns in the river.
(c) She dies of the measles.
(d) She dies in a farming accident.
3. Where is San Pedro in relation to Franco's property?
4. How old is Ella when she leaves her childhood home and changes her name?
5. What do many of the Paraguayan soldiers suffer from due to their diet?
(c) Kidney stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pancho do when he finally catches his younger brother in the garden?
2. Who returns to Marie to tend to her injuries?
3. On what part of Franco's body must Dr. Mastermind attempt surgery?
4. What material is being used, for the first time in Paraguay, to build the Obispo Cue?
5. Who is sent to San Pedro in a form of banishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Juan Francisco welcomed into the world?
2. How does Pancho treat his younger brother Carlos while they are playing in the garden?
3. What happens to Dr. Kennedy while on his trek across Lake Ipacarai?
4. Why does Franco keep a frog in a basin in his bedroom?
5. What is the Obispo Cue?
6. How do Ella and Franco plan to make the trip to Buenos Ayres, and what is their reaction to the journey?
7. What events does Franco partake in while at the border of Argentina, in Cerro Leon?
8. What is Franco's first act of power in the presidency?
9. Who is Henry Kennedy, and why is he living in Buenos Ayres?
10. Why does Franco declare war against Brazil?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)