|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project does Franco undertake with French colonists on his land?
(a) Building a school.
(b) Building a church.
(c) Building a chicken farm.
(d) Building a vineyard.
2. Where does Franco begin training his troops to fight?
(b) Cerro Leon.
(c) Monte Video.
3. What animal does Franco study in order to learn how to swim?
(a) A frog.
(b) A salamander.
(c) A fish.
(d) A turtle.
4. On what part of Franco's body must Dr. Mastermind attempt surgery?
(a) On his stomach.
(b) On his fingers.
(c) On his teeth.
(d) On his toes.
5. How do the women aboard the steamer treat Ella?
(a) With kindness.
(b) With anger.
(c) With smugness.
(d) With apathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does Carmencita have with Carlos?
2. Why does Franco's father have Carlos arrested?
3. Where does Franco fit in the birth order of his siblings?
4. What language is Ella learning to speak while she is living in Paraguay?
5. What does Pancho do when he finally catches his younger brother in the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Franco keep a frog in a basin in his bedroom?
2. Who is Corinna Adelaida, and what is the response to her life?
3. What work does Dr. Mastermind do while the Paraguayan forces are at battle with Brazil?
4. How do the Paraguayan forces conduct themselves in battle with Brazil?
5. What is the Obispo Cue?
6. How does Franco take to his new political power?
7. What unexpected troubles arise for Franco when he declares war against Brazil?
8. What does the U.S. government think of the Lopez dynasty?
9. How do Franco's sisters treat Ella upon her arrival to Paraguay?
10. How is Juan Francisco welcomed into the world?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)