|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a name given to Ella and Franco's sons?
2. Which of the following is NOT a common practice of the Paraguayan troops?
(a) Raping women.
(b) Shooting troops as they attempt to surrender.
(c) Setting homes on fire.
(d) Pillaging villages.
3. Who is the first to discover that Ella is pregnant?
(d) Dona Ines.
4. Which of Franco's sons is already showing his tendency toward being unemotional?
5. How long should Dr. Kennedy's trek across the lake take?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Franco begin training his troops to fight?
2. How many guns are ordered to shoot in the salute to Juan Franco?
3. In his first act of presidency, who does Franco put on trial for conspiracy?
4. What color does Ella want the Obispo Cue painted?
5. What is the name of the previous dictator of Paraguay, before Franco's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Franco's first act of power in the presidency?
2. What happens to Dr. Kennedy while on his trek across Lake Ipacarai?
3. What does the U.S. government think of the Lopez dynasty?
4. What is the Obispo Cue?
5. What unexpected troubles arise for Franco when he declares war against Brazil?
6. What happens when Ella and Padre Fidel Maiz visit the statues at Caacupe?
7. Who is Frederick Mastermind?
8. Who is Carmencita, and what is her relationship to Franco?
9. Who is Dona Ines?
10. How does Pancho treat his younger brother Carlos while they are playing in the garden?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)