|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Franco feel when Ella finds out about his affairs?
(a) He feels nothing toward Ella's grief.
(b) He feels guilty over being found out.
(c) He feels entitled to as many women as he chooses.
(d) He feels betrayed by Ella's snooping.
2. How long should Dr. Kennedy's trek across the lake take?
(a) One month.
(b) Three days.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
3. In what month do Ella and Franco leave for Buenos Ayres?
4. Upon arriving in Buenos Ayres, how does Ella feel about Dimitri?
(a) She has completely forgotten him.
(b) She still worries about him.
(c) She is amused by their past relationship.
(d) She wishes him dead.
5. Which of the following characters is NOT one of Ella's ladies in waiting?
(a) Dona Isidora.
(b) Senora Dona Dolores.
(c) Senora Juliana.
(d) Dona Juana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ella's fifth son?
2. In what country is Franco's father president?
3. Which country does Franco constantly worry will begin fighting him for more land?
4. How does Ella pass her time in Buenos Ayres?
5. In what city of Paraguay do Franco and his family live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What accident befalls Marie while riding horseback to Paraguay?
2. How do the Paraguayan forces conduct themselves in battle with Brazil?
3. What does the U.S. government think of the Lopez dynasty?
4. What is the Obispo Cue?
5. How do Franco's sisters treat Ella upon her arrival to Paraguay?
6. How is Juan Francisco welcomed into the world?
7. Why does Ella decide to leave the steamer and continue her travels on horseback?
8. How do Ella Lynch and Francisco Solano Lopez meet?
9. What is life like for Ella and Dimitri before he leaves to fight in the war?
10. What is Ella's life like leading up to her time in Paris?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)