|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the letter to Franco declaring him President of Paraguay?
(a) Dona Ines.
(b) Napoleon Bonaparte.
(c) No letter arrives, Franco declares himself President.
(d) Don Pedro.
2. Which war does Dimitri leave Ella to go fight?
(a) The Balkan War.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The Crimean War.
(d) The First World War.
3. Which of the following characters does NOT travel to Buenos Ayres with Ella and Franco?
(b) Dona Ines.
4. How many siblings does Franco have?
5. What type of resistance do the Paraguayan ground troops meet in Brazil?
(a) They meet so much resistance that they must retreat.
(b) They meet very little resistance and ease through the terrain.
(c) They meet no resistance at all as Brazil surrenders.
(d) They meet an overwhelming amount of resistance but are victorious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a name given to Ella and Franco's sons?
2. What relationship does Carmencita have with Carlos?
3. Which of the following characters is NOT one of Ella's ladies in waiting?
4. What accident happens to Marie during her travels to Paraguay?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the treatments that Franco's sisters give to Ella?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Juan Francisco welcomed into the world?
2. How does Franco take to his new political power?
3. How do Ella and Franco plan to make the trip to Buenos Ayres, and what is their reaction to the journey?
4. What happens when Franco and Ella try to have their son baptized?
5. What is Ella's life like leading up to her time in Paris?
6. What is the Obispo Cue?
7. How do the Paraguayan forces conduct themselves in battle with Brazil?
8. What happens during the 101-gun salute to Juan Francisco?
9. Who is Isabella de Braganza, and what is her relationship to Franco?
10. What work does Dr. Mastermind do while the Paraguayan forces are at battle with Brazil?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)