|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What military implement does Lieutenant Major George Thompson build at Curupayty?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes General Diaz?
3. Why do the Paraguayan forces refuse to fight alongside the indigenous Indians of the land?
(a) Because Franco refuses to accept the help of the Indians.
(b) Because the Indians are cannibals.
(c) Because the Paraguayans are too prideful to ask for help.
(d) Because the Paraguayans are racist.
4. To where does Colonel Thompson escape, meeting up with his brother?
(b) Buenos Ayres.
5. Which of the following creatures does NOT infest Dr. Mastermind's cell?
6. What freak weather occurs when Ella is looting the statues?
(a) A sandstorm.
(b) A hailstorm.
(c) A flash flood.
(d) A tornado.
7. Which character is described as being "appealed" with the wasted golden opportunity for the Brazilians?
(a) Dr. Mastermind.
(b) Charles Washburn.
(c) Dr. Kennedy.
(d) Dona Ines.
8. How does Franco die?
(a) He is stabbed to death.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is executed by the Brazilian courts.
(d) He is drowned.
9. How does Baron von Fischer-Truenfeld woo Ella?
(a) By taking her swimming in the sea.
(b) By taking her to eat at fancy restaurants.
(c) By taking her to play crouquet in the park.
(d) By taking her horseback riding.
10. When Ella returns to Paris, where does she hear that Princess Mathilde is living?
11. When Ella thinks about leaving Franco, where does she desire to go?
12. Which of the following characters manages to coax Mathilde back into health?
(a) Dona Ines.
13. What does Franco have his brothers arrested for?
14. What is General Diaz's position in Franco's army?
(a) Chief of Staff.
(b) Lieutenant Major.
(c) Secretary of Defense.
(d) Commander in Chief.
15. What does Franco build on the only high ground of Humaita?
(a) An opera house.
(b) A play yard for his children.
(c) A fort.
(d) A hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alonzo Taylor do for a living at Obispo Cue?
2. What city does Ella tell her children about while they are watching the executions?
3. Who does Ella sue in the Parisian courts?
4. Who does Franco blame for Miguel's death?
5. Why are the horses of the Paraguayan Army dying?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)