|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Franco escapes the fall of Piribebuy, how many men are in his ragtag army?
2. What does Pancho begin collecting from the enemy soldiers killed in battle?
(a) Their shoes.
(b) Locks of their hair.
(c) Their ears.
(d) Their dog tags.
3. Shortly after Ella arrives in Paris, what war breaks out?
(a) The Franco-Prussian War.
(b) The Second Hundred Years War.
(c) The Anglo-Martha War.
(d) The Great French War.
4. What freak weather occurs when Ella is looting the statues?
(a) A sandstorm.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A hailstorm.
(d) A flash flood.
5. Where is General MacMahon recalled to after the fall of Asuncion?
(b) New York.
6. How long is Dr. Mastermind kept in his jail cell?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Seven hours.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Seven days.
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes Franco's state of mind when he reaches the Aquidaban River?
8. What does Franco demand from all the women in Paraguay to help support his war against Brazil?
(a) Their jewelry.
(b) Their food.
(c) Locks of their hair.
(d) Their silks.
9. What is Maria Oliva's dead body wrapped in while it awaits preparations?
(b) Potato sacks.
(c) Silk fabric.
(d) Medical gauze.
10. What does Franco have his brothers arrested for?
11. What do believers donate to the statues at Caacupe?
(a) Precious metals.
(c) Gold coins.
12. When Franco has nightmares, what does he shout in his sleep?
(a) The names of the men out to kill him.
(b) Prayers to the heavens for forgiveness.
(c) Regrets for the innocent lives lost in war.
(d) The names of family members he has killed.
13. What is General Diaz doing when he is hit during the torpedo strike?
(a) Sleeping in his bed.
(b) Rowing his canoe.
(c) Eating at the mess hall.
(d) Fishing on a bridge.
14. Which of the following animals does NOT live in the swamps where Pancho has stationed his men?
(b) Poisonous snakes.
(d) Vampire bats.
15. Which of the following is NOT a punishment that Franco's sisters must endure?
(a) Being starved.
(b) Being publically whipped.
(c) Having their dresses pulled over their heads in public.
(d) Watching their husbands' excecutions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is General Diaz's position in Franco's army?
2. What does Franco build on the only high ground of Humaita?
3. How does Franco witness the battles at Curupayty?
4. How does Franco celebrate the victory at Curupayty?
5. How long does Miguel Lopez live before he dies prematurely?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)