|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shortly after Ella arrives in Paris, what war breaks out?
(a) The Anglo-Martha War.
(b) The Second Hundred Years War.
(c) The Franco-Prussian War.
(d) The Great French War.
2. How does Franco die?
(a) He is stabbed to death.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is drowned.
(d) He is executed by the Brazilian courts.
3. When Franco has nightmares, what does he shout in his sleep?
(a) Regrets for the innocent lives lost in war.
(b) The names of the men out to kill him.
(c) The names of family members he has killed.
(d) Prayers to the heavens for forgiveness.
4. How many men does Franco foolishly lose during his battle in the marshes?
5. Which character arranges for Dr. Mastermind's release from prison?
(a) Dona Ines.
(b) Ella Lynch.
(c) Charles Washburn.
(d) Baron von Fischer-Truenfeld.
6. What do believers donate to the statues at Caacupe?
(b) Gold coins.
(d) Precious metals.
7. Who does Charles Washburn think is ill-prepared to deal with arrest and torture?
(a) Benigno Lopez.
(b) Vinciendo Lopez.
(c) Dr. Kennedy.
(d) Dr. Mastermind.
8. Which of the following is NOT a punishment that Franco's sisters must endure?
(a) Being starved.
(b) Being publically whipped.
(c) Watching their husbands' excecutions.
(d) Having their dresses pulled over their heads in public.
9. At the time when the Brazilian steamers arrive in Asuncion, how many cannons does the city have to protect itself with?
10. What does Colonel Estigarribia do after watching half his troops get slaughtered at the Rio Grande?
(a) He retreats back to Paraguay.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) He sends the other half of his troops in for backup.
(d) He surrenders.
11. Which of the following characters are NOT jailed together in San Fernando?
(a) Dr. Mastermind.
(b) Benigno Lopez.
(c) Charles Washburn.
(d) Vinciendo Lopez.
12. Which of Ella's sons is killed during the flight from Paraguay?
13. What military implement does Lieutenant Major George Thompson build at Curupayty?
14. How long does Miguel Lopez live before he dies prematurely?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
15. When Ella returns to Paris, where does she hear that Princess Mathilde is living?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions does NOT describe the state of Mathilde when the family reaches the Aquidaban River?
2. What is General Diaz's position in Franco's army?
3. What is Maria Oliva's dead body wrapped in while it awaits preparations?
4. When Franco escapes the fall of Piribebuy, how many men are in his ragtag army?
5. Which of the following characters is struck by lightning but manages to survive?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)