|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Maria Olivia's dead body?
(c) Dona Ines.
2. To where does Colonel Thompson escape, meeting up with his brother?
(b) Buenos Ayres.
3. What freak weather occurs when Ella is looting the statues?
(a) A sandstorm.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A flash flood.
(d) A hailstorm.
4. How does Baron von Fischer-Truenfeld woo Ella?
(a) By taking her swimming in the sea.
(b) By taking her to play crouquet in the park.
(c) By taking her horseback riding.
(d) By taking her to eat at fancy restaurants.
5. When Franco has nightmares, what does he shout in his sleep?
(a) Regrets for the innocent lives lost in war.
(b) The names of family members he has killed.
(c) The names of the men out to kill him.
(d) Prayers to the heavens for forgiveness.
6. Which character arranges for Dr. Mastermind's release from prison?
(a) Dona Ines.
(b) Charles Washburn.
(c) Ella Lynch.
(d) Baron von Fischer-Truenfeld.
7. What do believers donate to the statues at Caacupe?
(a) Precious metals.
(c) Gold coins.
8. Where is Curupayty in relation to Humaita?
9. Who does Ella sue in the Parisian courts?
(a) Dr. Kennedy.
(b) Dr. Stewart.
(c) Charles Washburn.
(d) Dr. Mastermind.
10. Which of the following animals does NOT live in the swamps where Pancho has stationed his men?
(c) Poisonous snakes.
(d) Vampire bats.
11. Why is Dr. Mastermind arrested?
(a) For letting General Diaz die.
(b) He is given no reason for his arrest.
(c) For treason.
(d) For stealing medical supplies.
12. Which of the following adjectives best describes General Diaz?
13. Where is General Diaz injured during the torpedo strike?
(a) His neck.
(b) His leg.
(c) His arm.
(d) His face.
14. What is the man sent across the river from Argentina suffering from?
(b) Small pox.
(c) Scarlet fever.
15. Which of Ella's sons is killed during the flight from Paraguay?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ella is peacefully riding through Piribebuy, what does she hear that takes her attention away from the peacefulness of the journey?
2. What card game does Benigno regularly play when he returns home from exile?
3. How many Brazilian steamers arrive in Asuncion on the day that the people begin to riot?
4. How does Dona Dolores' husband die?
5. Which of the following characters is struck by lightning but manages to survive?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)