|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an ailment affecting the wounded in the hospitals of Humaita?
(c) Scarlet fever.
2. What city does Ella tell her children about while they are watching the executions?
3. Who finds Maria Olivia's dead body?
(a) Dona Ines.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes General Diaz?
5. How does Franco die?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is stabbed to death.
(c) He is drowned.
(d) He is executed by the Brazilian courts.
6. Which of the following animals does NOT live in the swamps where Pancho has stationed his men?
(a) Poisonous snakes.
(b) Vampire bats.
7. How many Paraguayan men escape the battle against Brazil in Riachuelto?
8. What is the man sent across the river from Argentina suffering from?
(c) Scarlet fever.
(d) Small pox.
9. Which of the following adjectives best describes Franco's state of mind when he reaches the Aquidaban River?
10. Who does Ella sue in the Parisian courts?
(a) Dr. Kennedy.
(b) Dr. Stewart.
(c) Dr. Mastermind.
(d) Charles Washburn.
11. How long is Dr. Mastermind kept in his jail cell?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Seven hours.
12. Who does Ella take with her to Caacupe to rob the statues?
(a) A priest.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her sister.
(d) The doctor.
13. Where is General MacMahon recalled to after the fall of Asuncion?
(a) New York.
14. What does Franco have his brothers arrested for?
15. What does Franco build on the only high ground of Humaita?
(a) A fort.
(b) A play yard for his children.
(c) A hospital.
(d) An opera house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What military implement does Lieutenant Major George Thompson build at Curupayty?
2. What have the Lopez children been forced to leave behind as they flee to San Fernando?
3. What does Colonel Estigarribia do after watching half his troops get slaughtered at the Rio Grande?
4. Who does Charles Washburn think is ill-prepared to deal with arrest and torture?
5. How many men does Franco foolishly lose during his battle in the marshes?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)