|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ships does Franco send to Riachuelto with the hopes of capturing the Brazilian fleet?
(b) One hundred and fifty.
2. How does Dona Dolores' husband die?
(a) He suffered from dysentery.
(b) He was killed in the battle against Brazil.
(c) He drowned.
(d) He was accidentally poisoned.
3. What does Alonzo Taylor do for a living at Obispo Cue?
(a) He is a stone worker.
(b) He is a musician.
(c) He is a pool boy.
(d) He is a gardener.
4. What tribe do the indigenous Indians of Paraguay belong to?
5. What is the city of San Fernando surrounded by?
6. How long is Dr. Mastermind kept in his jail cell?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Seven hours.
(d) Seven days.
7. What does Pancho begin collecting from the enemy soldiers killed in battle?
(a) Their ears.
(b) Their dog tags.
(c) Their shoes.
(d) Locks of their hair.
8. Who does Franco blame for Miguel's death?
(d) Dr. Mastermind.
9. Who finds Maria Olivia's dead body?
(c) Dona Ines.
10. What does Franco have his brothers arrested for?
11. When Franco has nightmares, what does he shout in his sleep?
(a) Prayers to the heavens for forgiveness.
(b) Regrets for the innocent lives lost in war.
(c) The names of the men out to kill him.
(d) The names of family members he has killed.
12. Shortly after Ella arrives in Paris, what war breaks out?
(a) The Second Hundred Years War.
(b) The Great French War.
(c) The Franco-Prussian War.
(d) The Anglo-Martha War.
13. Where is Curupayty in relation to Humaita?
14. Who tells Benigno of the plan to overthrow Franco?
(a) Dr. Kennedy.
(b) Dr. Mastermind.
(c) Charles Washburn.
15. What does Franco do when he realizes his forces have collapsed?
(a) He surrenders.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) He retreats on horseback.
(d) He continues to fight for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Franco witness the battles at Curupayty?
2. What is the man sent across the river from Argentina suffering from?
3. What do believers donate to the statues at Caacupe?
4. What have the Lopez children been forced to leave behind as they flee to San Fernando?
5. When Ella returns to Paris, where does she hear that Princess Mathilde is living?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)