|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Benigno of the plan to overthrow Franco?
(a) Dr. Kennedy.
(c) Charles Washburn.
(d) Dr. Mastermind.
2. What have the Lopez children been forced to leave behind as they flee to San Fernando?
(a) Their pets.
(b) Their money.
(c) Their toys.
(d) Their wet nurses.
3. What does Franco give to Ella when she arrives at Humaita?
(a) A harmonica.
(b) A violin.
(c) A flute.
(d) A piano.
4. What do believers donate to the statues at Caacupe?
(b) Precious metals.
(d) Gold coins.
5. Which of the following is NOT an ailment affecting the wounded in the hospitals of Humaita?
(d) Scarlet fever.
6. Which of the following is NOT a punishment that Franco's sisters must endure?
(a) Being publically whipped.
(b) Watching their husbands' excecutions.
(c) Having their dresses pulled over their heads in public.
(d) Being starved.
7. Who does Ella sue in the Parisian courts?
(a) Dr. Kennedy.
(b) Dr. Stewart.
(c) Dr. Mastermind.
(d) Charles Washburn.
8. Who does Charles Washburn think is ill-prepared to deal with arrest and torture?
(a) Dr. Mastermind.
(b) Vinciendo Lopez.
(c) Benigno Lopez.
(d) Dr. Kennedy.
9. What does Franco do when he realizes his forces have collapsed?
(a) He kills himself.
(b) He retreats on horseback.
(c) He continues to fight for himself.
(d) He surrenders.
10. How long does Miguel Lopez live before he dies prematurely?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
11. What card game does Benigno regularly play when he returns home from exile?
12. Why do the Paraguayan forces refuse to fight alongside the indigenous Indians of the land?
(a) Because the Paraguayans are too prideful to ask for help.
(b) Because Franco refuses to accept the help of the Indians.
(c) Because the Indians are cannibals.
(d) Because the Paraguayans are racist.
13. How does Franco celebrate the victory at Curupayty?
(a) By getting drunk.
(b) By looting houses.
(c) By promoting General Diaz.
(d) By giving his troops a day off.
14. How does Dona Dolores' husband die?
(a) He was accidentally poisoned.
(b) He drowned.
(c) He was killed in the battle against Brazil.
(d) He suffered from dysentery.
15. What freak weather occurs when Ella is looting the statues?
(a) A hailstorm.
(b) A sandstorm.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A flash flood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is General Diaz doing when he is hit during the torpedo strike?
2. At the time when the Brazilian steamers arrive in Asuncion, how many cannons does the city have to protect itself with?
3. How many Brazilian steamers arrive in Asuncion on the day that the people begin to riot?
4. Who finds Maria Olivia's dead body?
5. When Franco has nightmares, what does he shout in his sleep?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)