|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long should Dr. Kennedy's trek across the lake take?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three days.
2. Where does Ella stay while living in Buenos Ayres?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) In her newly purchased estate.
(c) On the steamer ship.
(d) At a friend's home.
3. What does Dona Ines' father do for a living?
(a) He was a soldier.
(b) He was a carpenter.
(c) He was a teacher.
(d) He was a chef.
4. Where is San Pedro in relation to Franco's property?
5. How many guns are ordered to shoot in the salute to Juan Franco?
6. Which war does Dimitri leave Ella to go fight?
(a) The First World War.
(b) The Crimean War.
(c) The Balkan War.
(d) The Vietnam War.
7. What is the nationality of Dimitri, Ella's live-in man?
(a) He is Spanish.
(b) He is German.
(c) He is French.
(d) He is Russian.
8. What country is Dom Pedro the president of?
9. In his first act of presidency, who does Franco put on trial for conspiracy?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His cousin.
10. What object of Ella's does Franco stop and pick up when she drops it?
(a) A gold threaded necklace.
(b) One of her silk gloves.
(c) A feather from her hat.
(d) A parasol.
11. Who does Marie dictate letters back home to?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
12. What does Ella find most attractive about Franco?
(a) His humor.
(b) His sympathetic nature.
(c) His money.
(d) His strength.
13. To whom is Princess Mathilde reportedly related to?
(b) Marie Antoinette.
(c) King Henry VIII.
14. Where does Franco fit in the birth order of his siblings?
(a) He doesn't know - he has never met his brothers.
(b) He is in the middle.
(c) He is the oldest.
(d) He is the youngest.
15. Who does Franco put in charge of ground forces in Brazil?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His son.
(d) His brother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Franco begins his war with Brazil, who does he liken himself to in battle?
2. What accident happens to Marie during her travels to Paraguay?
3. What has Franco nicknamed his son?
4. What project does Franco undertake with French colonists on his land?
5. What part of Marie's body is broken during her accident?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)