|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Franco ride in the military because it sits him higher than the rest of the troops?
(a) A Clydesdale.
(b) A mule.
(c) A native Paraguayan horse.
(d) A stallion.
2. What is the name of the lake that Dr. Kennedy hopes to trek?
(a) Lake Cowasack.
(b) Lake Mojambishu.
(c) Lake Lalurna.
(d) Lake Ipacari.
3. Where does Franco begin training his troops to fight?
(a) Cerro Leon.
(d) Monte Video.
4. How long does Corinna live before she passes away?
(a) Five years.
(b) Five hours.
(c) Five months.
(d) Five days.
5. During what month does Ella write a letter rebuking Franco's sisters to Mathilde?
6. Why is General Vincent Barrios considered ill-prepared to lead the troops in battle?
(a) Because he does not speak Spanish.
(b) Becuase he is always drunk.
(c) Because he cannot read.
(d) Because he is severely overweight.
7. What is revealed to be Franco's biggest fear?
8. Where is San Pedro in relation to Franco's property?
9. What does Franco deliver to Ella's home, bribing the doorman to give to her?
(a) A lacy brassiere.
(b) His calling card.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A new horse.
10. How does Franco travel to Paraguay from Buenos Ayres?
(a) By mule.
(b) By taxi.
(c) By carriage.
(d) By boat.
11. Who is Charles Washburn?
(a) The U.S. Senator.
(b) The U.S. Secretary of Defense.
(c) The U.S. President.
(d) The U.S. Minister.
12. Which of the following is NOT a name given to Ella and Franco's sons?
13. How do Ella and Franco plan to travel to Buenos Ayres?
(a) By ship.
(b) By carriage.
(c) By car.
(d) By plane.
14. How old is Ella when she leaves her childhood home and changes her name?
15. Upon arriving in Buenos Ayres, how does Ella feel about Dimitri?
(a) She is amused by their past relationship.
(b) She has completely forgotten him.
(c) She wishes him dead.
(d) She still worries about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Franco study in order to learn how to swim?
2. When Franco begins his war with Brazil, who does he liken himself to in battle?
3. Which country does Franco constantly worry will begin fighting him for more land?
4. Who does Franco put in charge of ground forces in Brazil?
5. In his first act of presidency, who does Franco put on trial for conspiracy?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)