|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Franco nicknamed his son?
2. In what month do Ella and Franco leave for Buenos Ayres?
3. How old is Ella when she leaves her childhood home and changes her name?
4. What accident happens to Marie during her travels to Paraguay?
(a) She falls down into a well.
(b) She falls off her horse.
(c) She is stuck in a rockslide.
(d) She steps on a landmine.
5. In what country is Franco's father president?
6. How do Ella and Franco plan to travel to Buenos Ayres?
(a) By car.
(b) By plane.
(c) By carriage.
(d) By ship.
7. How many innocent people are put into prisons during the dictatorship prior to Franco's father taking power?
(a) No innocent men were put in prison.
(b) Thousands of men.
(c) One million men.
(d) Hundreds of men.
8. Which country does Franco constantly worry will begin fighting him for more land?
9. Which of the following is NOT a name given to Ella and Franco's sons?
10. How does Ella pass her time in Buenos Ayres?
(a) By sleeping.
(b) By reading.
(c) By traveling.
(d) By partying.
11. Upon arriving in Buenos Ayres, how does Ella feel about Dimitri?
(a) She wishes him dead.
(b) She is amused by their past relationship.
(c) She has completely forgotten him.
(d) She still worries about him.
12. Who does Marie dictate letters back home to?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
13. How does the Humaita Fort block entrance to their rivers?
(a) With sandbags.
(b) With sharp metal spikes.
(c) With chains.
(d) With military men.
14. Which adjective does Franco use to describe his sisters?
15. How does Ella feel when she hears the news that Marie has died?
(a) She is completely apathetic.
(b) She is confused and refuses to believe that her friend has died.
(c) She is momentarilly sad but quickly gets over it.
(d) She stays in mourning for weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is General Vincent Barrios considered ill-prepared to lead the troops in battle?
2. What relationship does Carmencita have with Carlos?
3. How does Dr. Kennedy become unconscious on the shore of the lake?
4. Where do Paraguayan forces find their first set of Brazilians to imprison?
5. Who is sent to San Pedro in a form of banishment?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)