|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Ella been married since leaving home?
(d) Three times.
2. After a quick questioning, what ailment does Dr. Mastermind discover that Maria Olivia is suffering from?
(d) Kidney stones.
3. How many siblings does Franco have?
4. Which of Franco's sons is described as being slow and not very good at hiding?
5. What country is Dom Pedro the president of?
6. How long will Ella and Franco's trip to Buenos Ayres take them?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three months.
7. How many daughters does Ella give birth to through the course of her child bearing years?
8. Which of the following is NOT a common practice of the Paraguayan troops?
(a) Shooting troops as they attempt to surrender.
(b) Raping women.
(c) Pillaging villages.
(d) Setting homes on fire.
9. What animal does Franco study in order to learn how to swim?
(a) A salamander.
(b) A frog.
(c) A fish.
(d) A turtle.
10. Who writes the letter to Franco declaring him President of Paraguay?
(a) No letter arrives, Franco declares himself President.
(b) Don Pedro.
(c) Dona Ines.
(d) Napoleon Bonaparte.
11. What has Franco nicknamed his son?
12. What happens to the man who speaks out against Franco during his election?
(a) He is hanged.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is tortured to death.
(d) He is drowned.
13. What is the name of Ella's fifth son?
14. What does Ella decide to name her newborn son?
15. Where do Paraguayan forces find their first set of Brazilians to imprison?
(a) On a yacht.
(b) On a cruise ship.
(c) On a fishing boat.
(d) On a steamer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people are NOT considered a threat by Franco?
2. What does Dona Ines' father do for a living?
3. What project does Franco undertake with French colonists on his land?
4. What color does Ella want the Obispo Cue painted?
5. When Franco begins his war with Brazil, who does he liken himself to in battle?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)