|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the man who speaks out against Franco during his election?
(a) He is hanged.
(b) He is drowned.
(c) He is tortured to death.
(d) He is shot.
2. In what country is Franco's father president?
3. Who does Franco put in charge of ground forces in Brazil?
(a) His son.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) His cousin.
4. What material is being used, for the first time in Paraguay, to build the Obispo Cue?
5. How does Franco travel to Paraguay from Buenos Ayres?
(a) By mule.
(b) By carriage.
(c) By boat.
(d) By taxi.
6. Which of Franco's sons is described as being slow and not very good at hiding?
7. How many daughters does Ella give birth to through the course of her child bearing years?
8. Who does Ella have trouble conversing with aboard the steamer?
(a) Dr. Kennedy.
(b) Her newborn son.
(c) The other female passengers.
9. What type of resistance do the Paraguayan ground troops meet in Brazil?
(a) They meet no resistance at all as Brazil surrenders.
(b) They meet an overwhelming amount of resistance but are victorious.
(c) They meet very little resistance and ease through the terrain.
(d) They meet so much resistance that they must retreat.
10. To whom is Princess Mathilde reportedly related to?
(a) Marie Antoinette.
(b) King Henry VIII.
11. What animal does Franco ride in the military because it sits him higher than the rest of the troops?
(a) A stallion.
(b) A mule.
(c) A Clydesdale.
(d) A native Paraguayan horse.
12. In what city of Paraguay do Franco and his family live?
13. How does Ella respond to the death of her daughter?
(a) She is devastated.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is annoyed.
14. How long should Dr. Kennedy's trek across the lake take?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Three days.
(d) One month.
15. How old is Ella when she leaves her childhood home and changes her name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ella treat Marie after her accident?
2. Who writes letters home to Yvette pretending to be Maria?
3. When Franco begins his war with Brazil, who does he liken himself to in battle?
4. On what part of Franco's body must Dr. Mastermind attempt surgery?
5. What is the name of Ella's fifth son?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)