|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long should Dr. Kennedy's trek across the lake take?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
2. What is the name of Franco's apothecary general?
(a) Gerard Peaceweaver.
(b) Bernard Herosong.
(c) Frederick Mastermind.
(d) Ludwig Stronghold.
3. What is Ella doing when her water breaks?
(a) Shopping for new shoes.
(b) Traveling back to the city.
(c) Writing a letter to Dimitri.
(d) Taking a bath.
4. What does Dona Ines' father do for a living?
(a) He was a carpenter.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was a chef.
(d) He was a soldier.
5. What animal does Franco study in order to learn how to swim?
(a) A frog.
(b) A salamander.
(c) A fish.
(d) A turtle.
6. At the opening of the novel, where does Ella live?
(a) In Ireland.
(b) In Russia.
(c) In Paris.
(d) In Paraguay.
7. What object of Ella's does Franco stop and pick up when she drops it?
(a) One of her silk gloves.
(b) A parasol.
(c) A feather from her hat.
(d) A gold threaded necklace.
8. How does Ella feel when she hears the news that Marie has died?
(a) She is completely apathetic.
(b) She is momentarilly sad but quickly gets over it.
(c) She stays in mourning for weeks.
(d) She is confused and refuses to believe that her friend has died.
9. Where is San Pedro in relation to Franco's property?
10. In what country is Franco's father president?
11. Which adjective does Franco use to describe his sisters?
12. How many guns are ordered to shoot in the salute to Juan Franco?
13. What color is the horse that Franco purchases for Ella?
14. Where do Paraguayan forces find their first set of Brazilians to imprison?
(a) On a fishing boat.
(b) On a steamer.
(c) On a yacht.
(d) On a cruise ship.
15. Who returns to Marie to tend to her injuries?
(d) Dr. Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Franco's sons is already showing his tendency toward being unemotional?
2. What language is Ella learning to speak while she is living in Paraguay?
3. In what month do Ella and Franco leave for Buenos Ayres?
4. Where does Franco fit in the birth order of his siblings?
5. Which war does Dimitri leave Ella to go fight?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)