|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Franco begins his war with Brazil, who does he liken himself to in battle?
(a) His father.
(b) George Washington.
2. What happens to the groom that Ella hires to care for her horse?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) He falls in love with Ella.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He goes missing with all of Ella's belongings.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the treatments that Franco's sisters give to Ella?
(a) Refusing to talk to her.
(b) Spitting on her.
(c) Hiding food from her.
(d) Ridiculing her clothes.
4. What does Ella do for Franco every night until he falls asleep?
(a) Reads to him.
(b) Sings for him.
(c) Rubs his feet.
(d) Counts his money.
5. How many siblings does Franco have?
6. What is Ella doing when her water breaks?
(a) Shopping for new shoes.
(b) Traveling back to the city.
(c) Writing a letter to Dimitri.
(d) Taking a bath.
7. Upon arriving in Buenos Ayres, how does Ella feel about Dimitri?
(a) She wishes him dead.
(b) She is amused by their past relationship.
(c) She still worries about him.
(d) She has completely forgotten him.
8. At the opening of the novel, where does Ella live?
(a) In Russia.
(b) In Paris.
(c) In Ireland.
(d) In Paraguay.
9. What effect is the surge of troops having on the people of Paraguay?
10. Why does Ella stay behind in Buenos Ayres while Franco travels ahead?
(a) To purchase a home.
(b) Becuase she is ill.
(c) Because she doesn't want to meet Franco's family.
(d) To have the baby.
11. What does Ella decide to name her newborn son?
12. After a quick questioning, what ailment does Dr. Mastermind discover that Maria Olivia is suffering from?
(c) Kidney stones.
13. What part of Marie's body is broken during her accident?
(a) Her leg.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her neck.
(d) Her nose.
14. Where is San Pedro in relation to Franco's property?
15. To whom is Princess Mathilde reportedly related to?
(a) King Henry VIII.
(c) Marie Antoinette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a name given to Ella and Franco's sons?
2. How long should Dr. Kennedy's trek across the lake take?
3. What small animal is also aboard the steamer and acts as a constant annoyance to Ella?
4. What is the name of Franco's apothecary general?
5. What color does Ella want the Obispo Cue painted?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)