|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What threat does Franco's uncle threaten to any bishop who dares to baptize Juan Francisco?
(a) They will be excommunicated.
(b) They will be put into prison.
(c) They will be fined.
(d) They will be hanged.
2. What country is Dom Pedro the president of?
3. What does Henry Kennedy do for a living?
(a) He is a theif.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a blacksmith.
4. Who is Rosaria?
(a) A chemist.
(b) A wet nurse.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) A grocer.
5. Upon arriving in Buenos Ayres, how does Ella feel about Dimitri?
(a) She still worries about him.
(b) She wishes him dead.
(c) She is amused by their past relationship.
(d) She has completely forgotten him.
6. What is the name of Franco's apothecary general?
(a) Frederick Mastermind.
(b) Bernard Herosong.
(c) Gerard Peaceweaver.
(d) Ludwig Stronghold.
7. How does Ella pass her time in Buenos Ayres?
(a) By sleeping.
(b) By reading.
(c) By partying.
(d) By traveling.
8. Who does Franco put in charge of ground forces in Brazil?
(a) His brother-in-law.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His son.
9. Which of the following groups of people are NOT considered a threat by Franco?
(a) The Brazilian people.
(b) The U.S. Armed Forces.
(c) The extended Lopez family, including brothers and cousins.
(d) The Argentine Republic.
10. Which of Franco's sons is already showing his tendency toward being unemotional?
11. Why is Marie delirious during her last days of life?
(a) From a concussion.
(b) From starvation.
(c) From fever.
(d) From blood loss.
12. What is the nationality of Dimitri, Ella's live-in man?
(a) He is French.
(b) He is Spanish.
(c) He is Russian.
(d) He is German.
13. In his first act of presidency, who does Franco put on trial for conspiracy?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His brother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
14. What does Ella do for Franco every night until he falls asleep?
(a) Counts his money.
(b) Rubs his feet.
(c) Reads to him.
(d) Sings for him.
15. Who is sent to San Pedro in a form of banishment?
(a) Dona Juana.
(b) Padre Maiz.
(d) Chief Justice Lescano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the lake that Dr. Kennedy hopes to trek?
2. How does Ella treat Marie after her accident?
3. Who writes letters home to Yvette pretending to be Maria?
4. In what country is Franco's father president?
5. What color is the horse that Franco purchases for Ella?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)