|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country does Franco constantly worry will begin fighting him for more land?
2. Which of the following characters is NOT one of Ella's ladies in waiting?
(a) Dona Juana.
(b) Dona Isidora.
(c) Senora Dona Dolores.
(d) Senora Juliana.
3. Who returns to Marie to tend to her injuries?
(a) Dr. Kennedy.
4. What do many of the Paraguayan soldiers suffer from due to their diet?
(b) Kidney stones.
5. What does Henry Kennedy do for a living?
(a) He is a theif.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is a blacksmith.
(d) He is a doctor.
6. What effect is the surge of troops having on the people of Paraguay?
7. How does Franco feel when Ella finds out about his affairs?
(a) He feels guilty over being found out.
(b) He feels betrayed by Ella's snooping.
(c) He feels nothing toward Ella's grief.
(d) He feels entitled to as many women as he chooses.
8. Who writes the letter to Franco declaring him President of Paraguay?
(a) Dona Ines.
(b) Napoleon Bonaparte.
(c) No letter arrives, Franco declares himself President.
(d) Don Pedro.
9. What is the name of the previous dictator of Paraguay, before Franco's father?
(a) Hernando de Cueranto.
(b) Luz Pasqual.
(c) King Peter Phillipe.
(d) Don Jose Gaspar Rodriguez de Francia.
10. What object of Ella's does Franco stop and pick up when she drops it?
(a) A gold threaded necklace.
(b) A parasol.
(c) One of her silk gloves.
(d) A feather from her hat.
11. Upon arriving in Buenos Ayres, how does Ella feel about Dimitri?
(a) She is amused by their past relationship.
(b) She still worries about him.
(c) She has completely forgotten him.
(d) She wishes him dead.
12. What is the name of Franco's apothecary general?
(a) Gerard Peaceweaver.
(b) Ludwig Stronghold.
(c) Bernard Herosong.
(d) Frederick Mastermind.
13. How long should Dr. Kennedy's trek across the lake take?
(a) Three days.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
14. What animal does Franco study in order to learn how to swim?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A salamander.
(c) A frog.
(d) A fish.
15. What is revealed to be Franco's biggest fear?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ella find most attractive about Franco?
2. During what month of the year does Ella and company finally arrive in Buenos Ayres?
3. What does Franco deliver to Ella's home, bribing the doorman to give to her?
4. How does Corinna die?
5. How long will Ella and Franco's trip to Buenos Ayres take them?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)