|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guns are ordered to shoot in the salute to Juan Franco?
2. Which of the following is NOT a name given to Ella and Franco's sons?
3. Upon arriving in Buenos Ayres, how does Ella feel about Dimitri?
(a) She wishes him dead.
(b) She is amused by their past relationship.
(c) She has completely forgotten him.
(d) She still worries about him.
4. How old is Ella when she leaves her childhood home and changes her name?
5. What does Henry Kennedy do for a living?
(a) He is a blacksmith.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a theif.
6. Which country does Franco constantly worry will begin fighting him for more land?
7. What language is Ella learning to speak while she is living in Paraguay?
8. How does Franco feel when Ella finds out about his affairs?
(a) He feels nothing toward Ella's grief.
(b) He feels guilty over being found out.
(c) He feels betrayed by Ella's snooping.
(d) He feels entitled to as many women as he chooses.
9. How does Ella feel when she hears the news that Marie has died?
(a) She is completely apathetic.
(b) She stays in mourning for weeks.
(c) She is momentarilly sad but quickly gets over it.
(d) She is confused and refuses to believe that her friend has died.
10. What relationship does Carmencita have with Carlos?
(a) They were married.
(b) They were business partners.
(c) They were engaged.
(d) They were siblings.
11. Which of the following characters is NOT one of Ella's ladies in waiting?
(a) Dona Juana.
(b) Senora Juliana.
(c) Dona Isidora.
(d) Senora Dona Dolores.
12. What animal does Franco study in order to learn how to swim?
(a) A salamander.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A frog.
(d) A fish.
13. What type of resistance do the Paraguayan ground troops meet in Brazil?
(a) They meet an overwhelming amount of resistance but are victorious.
(b) They meet so much resistance that they must retreat.
(c) They meet no resistance at all as Brazil surrenders.
(d) They meet very little resistance and ease through the terrain.
14. What does Ella decide to name her newborn son?
15. Where do Paraguayan forces find their first set of Brazilians to imprison?
(a) On a fishing boat.
(b) On a cruise ship.
(c) On a yacht.
(d) On a steamer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles Washburn think of the Lopez dynasty?
2. What country does the Banda Oriental belong to?
3. What color is the horse that Franco purchases for Ella?
4. What small animal is also aboard the steamer and acts as a constant annoyance to Ella?
5. Which of the following groups of people are NOT considered a threat by Franco?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)