|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the horse that Franco purchases for Ella?
2. Who is sent to San Pedro in a form of banishment?
(a) Dona Juana.
(c) Padre Maiz.
(d) Chief Justice Lescano.
3. Upon arriving in Buenos Ayres, how does Ella feel about Dimitri?
(a) She has completely forgotten him.
(b) She still worries about him.
(c) She is amused by their past relationship.
(d) She wishes him dead.
4. Which of Franco's sons is already showing his tendency toward being unemotional?
5. What happens to the man who speaks out against Franco during his election?
(a) He is drowned.
(b) He is tortured to death.
(c) He is hanged.
(d) He is shot.
6. Which of the following is NOT one of the treatments that Franco's sisters give to Ella?
(a) Hiding food from her.
(b) Ridiculing her clothes.
(c) Spitting on her.
(d) Refusing to talk to her.
7. Why does the previous dictator of Paraguay order people to stay in their homes while he travels?
(a) He was so afraid of being killed.
(b) He was afraid of catching their diseases.
(c) He was constantly being robbed.
(d) He was hideously ugly and didn't want his people to see him.
8. What do many of the Paraguayan soldiers suffer from due to their diet?
(b) Kidney stones.
9. Who is Marie?
(a) Ella's best friend.
(b) Ella's servant.
(c) Ella's daughter.
(d) Ella's sister.
10. What does Charles Washburn think of the Lopez dynasty?
(a) That they are a tyranny.
(b) That they are a sound political party.
(c) That they are a monarchy.
(d) That they are an empire.
11. Which war does Dimitri leave Ella to go fight?
(a) The Balkan War.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The Crimean War.
(d) The First World War.
12. How long will Ella and Franco's trip to Buenos Ayres take them?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three days.
13. Which of the following is NOT a common practice of the Paraguayan troops?
(a) Pillaging villages.
(b) Setting homes on fire.
(c) Shooting troops as they attempt to surrender.
(d) Raping women.
14. What type of resistance do the Paraguayan ground troops meet in Brazil?
(a) They meet no resistance at all as Brazil surrenders.
(b) They meet an overwhelming amount of resistance but are victorious.
(c) They meet very little resistance and ease through the terrain.
(d) They meet so much resistance that they must retreat.
15. How many guns are ordered to shoot in the salute to Juan Franco?
Short Answer Questions
1. What object of Ella's does Franco stop and pick up when she drops it?
2. How long should Dr. Kennedy's trek across the lake take?
3. What does Ella do for Franco every night until he falls asleep?
4. How does Corinna die?
5. What does Henry Kennedy do for a living?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)