|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accident happens to Marie during her travels to Paraguay?
(a) She steps on a landmine.
(b) She falls down into a well.
(c) She is stuck in a rockslide.
(d) She falls off her horse.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the treatments that Franco's sisters give to Ella?
(a) Refusing to talk to her.
(b) Ridiculing her clothes.
(c) Hiding food from her.
(d) Spitting on her.
3. What country is Dom Pedro the president of?
4. How does Franco feel when Ella finds out about his affairs?
(a) He feels betrayed by Ella's snooping.
(b) He feels guilty over being found out.
(c) He feels entitled to as many women as he chooses.
(d) He feels nothing toward Ella's grief.
5. What does Charles Washburn think of the Lopez dynasty?
(a) That they are a sound political party.
(b) That they are a monarchy.
(c) That they are a tyranny.
(d) That they are an empire.
6. How does Ella respond to the death of her daughter?
(a) She is annoyed.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is devastated.
(d) She is confused.
7. What is Ella doing when her water breaks?
(a) Writing a letter to Dimitri.
(b) Traveling back to the city.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Shopping for new shoes.
8. Why does the previous dictator of Paraguay order people to stay in their homes while he travels?
(a) He was so afraid of being killed.
(b) He was constantly being robbed.
(c) He was afraid of catching their diseases.
(d) He was hideously ugly and didn't want his people to see him.
9. Why does Franco's father have Carlos arrested?
(a) For theivery.
(b) For murder.
(c) For treason.
(d) For debts.
10. How many times has Ella been married since leaving home?
(b) Three times.
11. How many guns are ordered to shoot in the salute to Juan Franco?
12. How does Corinna die?
(a) She dies of the measles.
(b) She dies of unknown causes.
(c) She drowns in the river.
(d) She dies in a farming accident.
13. Where do the two Paraguayan businessmen travel without state permission?
14. What is revealed to be Franco's biggest fear?
15. On what part of Franco's body must Dr. Mastermind attempt surgery?
(a) On his toes.
(b) On his stomach.
(c) On his teeth.
(d) On his fingers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is General Vincent Barrios considered ill-prepared to lead the troops in battle?
2. Which country does Franco constantly worry will begin fighting him for more land?
3. Where does Franco fit in the birth order of his siblings?
4. Which of the following is NOT a name given to Ella and Franco's sons?
5. How old is Ella when she leaves her childhood home and changes her name?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)