|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people are NOT considered a threat by Franco?
(a) The Argentine Republic.
(b) The extended Lopez family, including brothers and cousins.
(c) The Brazilian people.
(d) The U.S. Armed Forces.
2. What is the name of Franco's apothecary general?
(a) Frederick Mastermind.
(b) Ludwig Stronghold.
(c) Gerard Peaceweaver.
(d) Bernard Herosong.
3. In addition to the Obispo Cue, what other building does Franco build for Ella?
(a) A sauna/steamroom.
(b) A swimming arena.
(c) An opera house.
(d) A horse stable.
4. How do the women aboard the steamer treat Ella?
(a) With apathy.
(b) With kindness.
(c) With anger.
(d) With smugness.
5. Which of the following characters is NOT one of Ella's ladies in waiting?
(a) Dona Juana.
(b) Dona Isidora.
(c) Senora Juliana.
(d) Senora Dona Dolores.
6. What country is Dom Pedro the president of?
7. Why is Ella upset by what happens to the groom she has hired to care for her horse?
(a) She is worried that she'll have to hire a new groom.
(b) She is worried about the groom's emotions.
(c) She is worried that the horse may now by traumatized.
(d) She is worried that Franco will find out what has happened.
8. What type of resistance do the Paraguayan ground troops meet in Brazil?
(a) They meet no resistance at all as Brazil surrenders.
(b) They meet very little resistance and ease through the terrain.
(c) They meet an overwhelming amount of resistance but are victorious.
(d) They meet so much resistance that they must retreat.
9. Who is the first to discover that Ella is pregnant?
(c) Dona Ines.
10. What is the nationality of Dimitri, Ella's live-in man?
(a) He is German.
(b) He is Spanish.
(c) He is French.
(d) He is Russian.
11. What project does Franco undertake with French colonists on his land?
(a) Building a school.
(b) Building a vineyard.
(c) Building a church.
(d) Building a chicken farm.
12. In what month do Ella and Franco leave for Buenos Ayres?
13. Which of the following characters does NOT travel to Buenos Ayres with Ella and Franco?
(c) Dona Ines.
14. Why is General Vincent Barrios considered ill-prepared to lead the troops in battle?
(a) Because he cannot read.
(b) Because he is severely overweight.
(c) Because he does not speak Spanish.
(d) Becuase he is always drunk.
15. Who is Charles Washburn?
(a) The U.S. Senator.
(b) The U.S. Secretary of Defense.
(c) The U.S. President.
(d) The U.S. Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Marie's body is broken during her accident?
2. How does Ella respond to the death of her daughter?
3. What sport does Ella take up to remove her mind from Franco's affairs?
4. What does Charles Washburn think of the Lopez dynasty?
5. Which of Franco's sons is described as being slow and not very good at hiding?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)