|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marie?
(a) Ella's sister.
(b) Ella's daughter.
(c) Ella's best friend.
(d) Ella's servant.
2. Where do the two Paraguayan businessmen travel without state permission?
3. Which of the following characters is NOT one of Ella's ladies in waiting?
(a) Senora Dona Dolores.
(b) Senora Juliana.
(c) Dona Juana.
(d) Dona Isidora.
4. What type of resistance do the Paraguayan ground troops meet in Brazil?
(a) They meet no resistance at all as Brazil surrenders.
(b) They meet so much resistance that they must retreat.
(c) They meet an overwhelming amount of resistance but are victorious.
(d) They meet very little resistance and ease through the terrain.
5. In what city of Paraguay do Franco and his family live?
6. How long will Ella and Franco's trip to Buenos Ayres take them?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three hours.
7. What country is Dom Pedro the president of?
8. Which country does Franco constantly worry will begin fighting him for more land?
9. In addition to the Obispo Cue, what other building does Franco build for Ella?
(a) A sauna/steamroom.
(b) A swimming arena.
(c) A horse stable.
(d) An opera house.
10. Who is the first to discover that Ella is pregnant?
(a) Dona Ines.
11. What threat does Franco's uncle threaten to any bishop who dares to baptize Juan Francisco?
(a) They will be excommunicated.
(b) They will be fined.
(c) They will be hanged.
(d) They will be put into prison.
12. What does Henry Kennedy do for a living?
(a) He is a theif.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a blacksmith.
(d) He is an artist.
13. After a quick questioning, what ailment does Dr. Mastermind discover that Maria Olivia is suffering from?
(b) Kidney stones.
14. What country does the Banda Oriental belong to?
15. What language is Ella learning to speak while she is living in Paraguay?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ella decide to travel after leaving the steamer?
2. What is revealed to be Franco's biggest fear?
3. Why is General Vincent Barrios considered ill-prepared to lead the troops in battle?
4. Who writes the letter to Franco declaring him President of Paraguay?
5. How do the women aboard the steamer treat Ella?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)