|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Franco begins his war with Brazil, who does he liken himself to in battle?
(c) His father.
(d) George Washington.
2. What is the name of Franco's apothecary general?
(a) Gerard Peaceweaver.
(b) Frederick Mastermind.
(c) Ludwig Stronghold.
(d) Bernard Herosong.
3. Who does Franco put in charge of ground forces in Brazil?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His son.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) His cousin.
4. Who is Marie?
(a) Ella's sister.
(b) Ella's daughter.
(c) Ella's servant.
(d) Ella's best friend.
5. What is the name of the lake that Dr. Kennedy hopes to trek?
(a) Lake Lalurna.
(b) Lake Mojambishu.
(c) Lake Cowasack.
(d) Lake Ipacari.
6. What does Ella do for Franco every night until he falls asleep?
(a) Sings for him.
(b) Reads to him.
(c) Counts his money.
(d) Rubs his feet.
7. What does Franco deliver to Ella's home, bribing the doorman to give to her?
(a) His calling card.
(b) A new horse.
(c) A lacy brassiere.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
8. How does Dr. Kennedy become unconscious on the shore of the lake?
(a) He blacks out from dehydration.
(b) Another traveler punches him in the face.
(c) He hits his head on a rock.
(d) He has a stroke.
9. Why does the bishop refuse to baptize Juan Francisco?
(a) Because Franco and Ella aren't married.
(b) Because the bishop has been paid to ignore Ella's request.
(c) Because Franco and Ella aren't members of the church.
(d) Because he believes the baby is possessed.
10. Upon arriving in Buenos Ayres, how does Ella feel about Dimitri?
(a) She has completely forgotten him.
(b) She still worries about him.
(c) She wishes him dead.
(d) She is amused by their past relationship.
11. What is the nationality of Dimitri, Ella's live-in man?
(a) He is German.
(b) He is French.
(c) He is Russian.
(d) He is Spanish.
12. What effect is the surge of troops having on the people of Paraguay?
13. Why does Ella stay behind in Buenos Ayres while Franco travels ahead?
(a) Because she doesn't want to meet Franco's family.
(b) To have the baby.
(c) Becuase she is ill.
(d) To purchase a home.
14. What happens to the man who speaks out against Franco during his election?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is tortured to death.
(c) He is hanged.
(d) He is drowned.
15. What does Pancho do when he finally catches his younger brother in the garden?
(a) He gives him a giant hug.
(b) He slaps his brother across the face.
(c) He pleads with his brother to treat him more kindly.
(d) He buries him in a deep hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many innocent people are put into prisons during the dictatorship prior to Franco's father taking power?
2. After a quick questioning, what ailment does Dr. Mastermind discover that Maria Olivia is suffering from?
3. What country is Dom Pedro the president of?
4. Who returns to Marie to tend to her injuries?
5. How long does Corinna live before she passes away?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)