|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Aquidaban River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ships does Franco send to Riachuelto with the hopes of capturing the Brazilian fleet?
(c) One hundred and fifty.
2. To where does Colonel Thompson escape, meeting up with his brother?
(b) Buenos Ayres.
3. When Ella is peacefully riding through Piribebuy, what does she hear that takes her attention away from the peacefulness of the journey?
(a) She hears a baby being born.
(b) She hears a dog being beaten.
(c) She hears an old woman weeping.
(d) She hears a man get shot.
4. Who writes the letter to Franco declaring him President of Paraguay?
(a) Don Pedro.
(b) Dona Ines.
(c) Napoleon Bonaparte.
(d) No letter arrives, Franco declares himself President.
5. How long does Miguel Lopez live before he dies prematurely?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Benigno of the plan to overthrow Franco?
2. How long is Dr. Mastermind kept in his jail cell?
3. How does Ella respond to the death of her daughter?
4. Where does Franco begin training his troops to fight?
5. Where is General Diaz injured during the torpedo strike?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)