|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Lake Ipacarai.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language is Ella learning to speak while she is living in Paraguay?
2. What accident happens to Marie during her travels to Paraguay?
(a) She falls off her horse.
(b) She steps on a landmine.
(c) She falls down into a well.
(d) She is stuck in a rockslide.
3. Who is sent to San Pedro in a form of banishment?
(a) Padre Maiz.
(b) Chief Justice Lescano.
(d) Dona Juana.
4. How many daughters does Ella give birth to through the course of her child bearing years?
5. How do the women aboard the steamer treat Ella?
(a) With smugness.
(b) With kindness.
(c) With anger.
(d) With apathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the man who speaks out against Franco during his election?
2. Why does Franco's father have Carlos arrested?
3. Where is San Pedro in relation to Franco's property?
4. How does Dr. Kennedy become unconscious on the shore of the lake?
5. What does Franco deliver to Ella's home, bribing the doorman to give to her?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)