|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Pikysyry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people are NOT considered a threat by Franco?
(a) The Brazilian people.
(b) The Argentine Republic.
(c) The U.S. Armed Forces.
(d) The extended Lopez family, including brothers and cousins.
2. What type of resistance do the Paraguayan ground troops meet in Brazil?
(a) They meet very little resistance and ease through the terrain.
(b) They meet so much resistance that they must retreat.
(c) They meet no resistance at all as Brazil surrenders.
(d) They meet an overwhelming amount of resistance but are victorious.
3. Which of the following is NOT a punishment that Franco's sisters must endure?
(a) Watching their husbands' excecutions.
(b) Being starved.
(c) Having their dresses pulled over their heads in public.
(d) Being publically whipped.
4. What relationship does Carmencita have with Carlos?
(a) They were business partners.
(b) They were siblings.
(c) They were engaged.
(d) They were married.
5. What small animal is also aboard the steamer and acts as a constant annoyance to Ella?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A dog.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A parrot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Kennedy become unconscious on the shore of the lake?
2. When Franco begins his war with Brazil, who does he liken himself to in battle?
3. What does Ella do for Franco every night until he falls asleep?
4. Which of Franco's sons is described as being slow and not very good at hiding?
5. What is Maria Oliva's dead body wrapped in while it awaits preparations?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)