|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: San Fernando.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the bishop refuse to baptize Juan Francisco?
(a) Because the bishop has been paid to ignore Ella's request.
(b) Because he believes the baby is possessed.
(c) Because Franco and Ella aren't members of the church.
(d) Because Franco and Ella aren't married.
2. How many guns are ordered to shoot in the salute to Juan Franco?
3. After a quick questioning, what ailment does Dr. Mastermind discover that Maria Olivia is suffering from?
(c) Kidney stones.
4. Which character is described as being "appealed" with the wasted golden opportunity for the Brazilians?
(a) Dr. Mastermind.
(b) Dona Ines.
(c) Dr. Kennedy.
(d) Charles Washburn.
5. What does Franco have his brothers arrested for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Paraguayan forces find their first set of Brazilians to imprison?
2. What language is Ella learning to speak while she is living in Paraguay?
3. What type of resistance do the Paraguayan ground troops meet in Brazil?
4. How does the Humaita Fort block entrance to their rivers?
5. What have the Lopez children been forced to leave behind as they flee to San Fernando?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)