|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: San Fernando.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the previous dictator of Paraguay order people to stay in their homes while he travels?
(a) He was hideously ugly and didn't want his people to see him.
(b) He was constantly being robbed.
(c) He was afraid of catching their diseases.
(d) He was so afraid of being killed.
2. Which character is described as being "appealed" with the wasted golden opportunity for the Brazilians?
(a) Dr. Kennedy.
(b) Dr. Mastermind.
(c) Dona Ines.
(d) Charles Washburn.
3. When Franco begins his war with Brazil, who does he liken himself to in battle?
(b) His father.
(d) George Washington.
4. What does Franco have his brothers arrested for?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the treatments that Franco's sisters give to Ella?
(a) Hiding food from her.
(b) Spitting on her.
(c) Refusing to talk to her.
(d) Ridiculing her clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Brazilian steamers arrive in Asuncion on the day that the people begin to riot?
2. What has Franco nicknamed his son?
3. At the time when the Brazilian steamers arrive in Asuncion, how many cannons does the city have to protect itself with?
4. What project does Franco undertake with French colonists on his land?
5. Why is General Vincent Barrios considered ill-prepared to lead the troops in battle?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)