|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: San Fernando.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the bishop refuse to baptize Juan Francisco?
(a) Because the bishop has been paid to ignore Ella's request.
(b) Because he believes the baby is possessed.
(c) Because Franco and Ella aren't members of the church.
(d) Because Franco and Ella aren't married.
2. Who does Franco put in charge of ground forces in Brazil?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) His son.
3. In what city of Paraguay do Franco and his family live?
4. How many Brazilian steamers arrive in Asuncion on the day that the people begin to riot?
(a) Five hundred.
5. What project does Franco undertake with French colonists on his land?
(a) Building a vineyard.
(b) Building a church.
(c) Building a school.
(d) Building a chicken farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month does Ella write a letter rebuking Franco's sisters to Mathilde?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the treatments that Franco's sisters give to Ella?
3. Where do Paraguayan forces find their first set of Brazilians to imprison?
4. What country does the Banda Oriental belong to?
5. What does Franco have his brothers arrested for?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)