|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through City of Glass, Chapter 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Quinn reading when the phone rings?
(a) Marco Polo's Travels.
(b) Shakespeare's Hamlet.
(c) Tolstoy's War and Peace.
(d) Steinbeck's Travels with Charley.
2. What does Quinn do for a living?
(a) Writes poetry.
(b) Writes romance novels.
(c) Writes mystery novels.
(d) Writes medical textbooks.
3. To which two continental philosophers does the narrator credit the concept of the "noble savage"?
(a) Nietzsche and Heidigger.
(b) Locke and Rousseau.
(c) Hume and Kant.
(d) Milton and Dark.
4. According to Stillman's book, what was the biblical Adam's only task in the Garden of Eden?
(a) To sleep.
(b) To eat.
(c) To invent language.
(d) To reproduce.
5. What is Quinn's pseudonym?
(a) William Wilson.
(b) Peter Stillman.
(c) Thomas Williams.
(d) Max Work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which text does Stillman use as the basis of his argument about the fall of man in his book?
2. Where is Quinn the second time the telephone rings?
3. What does Quinn like to do most in his free time?
4. Where did Virginia and Peter Stillman meet?
5. What does Quinn purchase before leaving the luncheonette?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)