|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Locked Room, Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the editor that the narrator contacts to publish Fanshawe's work?
(a) Stuart Black.
(b) Sam Smith.
(c) Stuart Green.
(d) Roger Fanshawe.
2. What doubts does Quinn have about the letters from the maps?
(a) Quinn worries that he is missing a letter.
(b) Quinn worries that he misspelled a word.
(c) Quinn worries that he imagined the whole thing.
(d) Quinn worries that Stillman has seen him.
3. What is a speculum?
(a) Mirror or looking glass.
(b) A part of the large intestine.
(c) A shallow pool of water.
(d) A musical instrument.
4. How will Blue be paid for his work?
(a) A check in the mail.
(b) Upon completion of the assignment.
(c) Paid up front.
(d) Direct deposit.
5. On what condition does Quinn agree to continue following Stillman after thirteen days of repetitive action, per his telephone consultation with Virginia Stillman?
(a) On the condition that Virginia Stillman kisses him again.
(b) On the condition that he be able to talk to Stillman.
(c) On the condition that he is given a raise in pay.
(d) On the condition that he is given a company car.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what time does Stillman begin his daily walks?
2. What is the name of the first novel of Fanshawe's that the narrator gives to the editor?
3. How does the narrator respond to the rumor that Fanshawe never existed and that he had written the works himself?
4. According to the end of Chapter 8, what does "El" mean in ancient Hebrew?
5. What is the name of the Park where Stillman tends to spend several hours each day?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)