|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after an analog quality is turned into binary code?
(a) It can be sent out in electrical pulses to be stored and processed.
(b) It becomes digital.
(c) It is then processed into tertiary code for better transmission rates.
(d) It is no longer available to be translated.
2. In what part of the atom does one find electrons?
(a) The outer ring.
(b) In both the nucleus and outer rings.
(c) They are not part of an atom.
(d) The nucleus.
3. As the frequency speed increases, what happens to the pitch?
(a) It dissipates.
(b) It gets higher.
(c) Frequency has no effect on pitch.
(d) It gets lower.
4. What does the frequency of sound waves create?
(a) A pattern.
(b) A tympanum.
(c) A foil.
(d) A physical vibration.
5. In the illustration of binary code, what represents the "on" number?
(a) A lemon in a crate.
(b) A pumpkin in a crate.
(c) An empty crate.
(d) A basketball in a crate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it called when levels rise and fall continuously?
2. What traumatizes the mammoth?
3. How do mirrors reflect an image?
4. What parts of ROM memory can be changed?
5. What are heat, light, and sound?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the effects of electrons on the move?
2. What topic does Part 5 cover?
3. Where is the mammoth taken when it feels traumatized and then experiences first joy and then despondency?
4. Explain how electromagnets keep machines running.
5. What are bar codes?
6. What is a CPU and how is it illustrated by Macaulay?
7. How do liquid crystal displays work?
8. Describe some types of memory.
9. How do some frequencies of electromagnetic wavers appear to our eyes? Which waves can we not see?
10. Who is the last mammoth?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)