|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macaulay illustrate the idea of a chemical reaction to produce electricity?
(a) Two men holding swords and riding giant lemons.
(b) A man and a woman jousting on mammoths.
(c) A man and a woman jousting on dragons.
(d) A giant lemon being stabbed with zinc and copper lances.
2. Where can the electromagnetic fields exist that sound waves cannot?
(a) In the brain.
(b) Through dense matter.
(c) Outside of matter.
(d) In a vacuum.
3. What is one step in creating liquid crystal displays?
(a) Filtering the light for greens.
(b) Polarizing the light.
(c) Bending the light to forty-five degree angles.
(d) Filtering the light for reds.
4. How many principle(s) govern the flow of electricity?
5. What type of input uses an analog-digital converter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one phenomenon a measurement of force measures?
2. How can information in binary code be communicated?
3. What happens when electrons are rubbed, shuffled, or brushed off one surface onto another?
4. What are magnetism, heat, and light in relation to an electron's movement?
5. What does RADAR use?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is static electricity formed?
2. Define the two types of waves that are discussed.
3. How is artificial light created?
4. What is a CPU and how is it illustrated by Macaulay?
5. Briefly describe the binary system.
6. What is the input?
7. Discuss the composition of light.
8. How do some frequencies of electromagnetic wavers appear to our eyes? Which waves can we not see?
9. What are electrons? What does their movement create?
10. What are the effects of electrons on the move?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)