|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are heat, light, and sound?
(a) Variable qualities.
(b) Analog qualities.
(c) Digital qualities.
(d) Static qualities.
2. What is the absence of any light?
3. What do sensors and detectors measure?
(a) Only electrical currents.
(b) Electrical currents, rays, and waves.
(c) Only light rays.
(d) Only electrical waves.
4. What is the type of electricity when electrons travel through a conductor such as metal?
(a) Static electricity.
(b) Wave electricity.
(c) Direct electricity.
(d) Current electricity.
5. What are two ways electrical bits can be stored?
(a) In liquids.
(b) Chips and barcodes.
(d) In plaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What parts of ROM memory can be changed?
2. What number represents off in binary code?
3. How many methods of modern printing are there?
4. What does a convex lens do?
5. What traumatizes the mammoth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a CPU and how is it illustrated by Macaulay?
2. Briefly discuss the three ways musical instruments create waves.
3. Define wavelength and frequency.
4. Discuss the composition of light.
5. What is the input?
6. Briefly describe the binary system.
7. What are the effects of electrons on the move?
8. How do liquid crystal displays work?
9. Who is the last mammoth?
10. What is current electricity? What is required to generate it?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)