|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes sideways movements of a ship?
(b) Thrusters and stabilizers.
(d) Jone's principle.
2. What do the double walls of a thermos enclose?
(c) A vacuum.
3. How many forces hold things together?
4. What are tanks that take in water to increase the density of the craft?
5. What does the inclined plane do?
(a) Decreases gravitational force.
(b) Increases effort.
(c) Decreases effort.
(d) Extends the distance to a rise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when you exert your strength across a longer distance?
2. What is the resistance of an object to any change in its speed or direction?
3. What occurs when molecules begin vibrating in a solid, then speed up their vibration when heated?
4. What is the effort you put in combined with the distance over which the effort is done?
5. What does the Mechanics of Movement explore?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the atom bomb work?
2. Discuss how sails are used on a boat.
3. How does the inclined plane require less strength for a task?
4. How does a zipper work?
5. Describe how a door wedge works.
6. How is nuclear power generated? What is one naturally occurring nuclear fusion?
7. Discuss the concept of floating.
8. Discuss what happens when a driving force initiates movement.
9. How do the rotor blades on a helicopter work?
10. Discuss why the density of water varies.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)