|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are tanks that take in water to increase the density of the craft?
2. What occurs when molecules begin vibrating in a solid, then speed up their vibration when heated?
(a) Solid combustion.
(d) Internal combustion.
3. What happens if the edges of the two wheels touch?
(a) The one will stop the other wheel.
(b) Nothing unless they have cams.
(c) The rotation of one will cause the other to rotate.
(d) The one wheel will wear out faster than the other.
4. What principle is in use as a propeller pushes the water back and as that same water which has been pushed back rolls forward again and hits the propeller?
(a) The Principle of Action and Reaction.
(b) The Principle of Gravity.
(c) The Principle of Push and Thrust.
(d) The Principle of Force and Inertia.
5. In how many elements did the Greek believe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one have to understand in order to understand the way things work?
2. Upon what does the amount of upthrust of an object in water depend?
3. Through what can heat not travel?
4. What does the Mechanics of Movement explore?
5. What is any engine that burns fuel inside the engine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss how sails are used on a boat.
2. What rays does the sun emit? How do those rays react to an object?
3. Discuss what happens when a driving force initiates movement.
4. How do power crafts control their direction?
5. What determines if an object will float?
6. How is nuclear power generated? What is one naturally occurring nuclear fusion?
7. How does the atom bomb work?
8. How can electric heat keep things cold?
9. Discuss the four types of gears.
10. What does the principle of the conservation of energy state? How does Part 1 relate to that principle?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)