|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Harnassing the Elements, Exploiting Heat, Nuclear Power, pp. 142-173.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the picture of a mammoth pulling a merry-go-round illustrate?
(a) Gears and belts.
(b) Blocks and tackles.
2. Where is steam still used?
(a) In some internal combustion engines.
(b) In water plants.
(c) In thermal power stations.
(d) In industrial engines.
3. How many types of gears are there?
4. What is a wheel and rod attacked by a hinge?
(a) A prank.
(b) A spur.
(c) A crank.
(d) A worm.
5. What occurs when molecules begin vibrating in a solid, then speed up their vibration when heated?
(a) Solid combustion.
(b) Internal combustion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What forms a molecule?
2. What is the resistance of an object to any change in its speed or direction?
3. What does the inclined plane do?
4. What debris does a nuclear explosion create?
5. What does increasing heat do to molecules?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)