|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Harnassing the Elements, Exploiting Heat, Nuclear Power, pp. 142-173.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a wedge move an object up an inclined plane?
(a) It forces the object to reduce the effects of gravity.
(b) It doesn't ; the wedge moves the plane itself to raise an object.
(c) It lowers the plane so the object slides.
(d) It uses the effect of gravity.
2. In how many elements did the Greek believe?
3. What do you have to use in order to accomplish work with half the effort?
(a) Twice the distance.
(b) Half the distance.
(c) Ten percent of the distance multiplied by one-third of the effort.
(d) One-third the distance.
4. What pumps refrigerant out in an air conditioner?
(b) A solenoid.
(c) A gear.
(d) A compressor.
5. The rack and pinion is an example of ______________.
(a) A gear.
(b) A wedge.
(c) A stifle.
(d) A lever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is any engine that burns fuel inside the engine?
2. What is the transfer of heat through infrared rays?
3. What are two things a sail can do for a craft?
4. What do the double walls of a thermos enclose?
5. What urges do molecules possess?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)