|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Harnassing the Elements, Exploiting Heat, Nuclear Power, pp. 142-173.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What imparts movement into the air or water around them on a ship?
2. What are large fins which adjust their tilt to compensate for waves?
3. How many types of gears are there?
4. What is the resistance of an object to any change in its speed or direction?
5. What does the Mechanics of Movement explore?
(a) How pulleys ultimately lose energy that can never be regained.
(b) How pulleys can create energy.
(c) How the conservation of energy plays into movement, force, and effort.
(d) How the movement of anything can be either a net gain or net loss of energy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the effects of electricity?
2. What is an object's weight divided by its volume?
3. What happens if the edges of the two wheels touch?
4. What is one component of a lever?
5. How many forces hold things together?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)