|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Harnassing the Elements, Exploiting Heat, Nuclear Power, pp. 142-173.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the resistance of an object to any change in its speed or direction?
2. What pumps refrigerant out in an air conditioner?
(a) A compressor.
(b) A solenoid.
(c) A gear.
3. What is the transfer of heat through infrared rays?
(b) Thermal radiation.
(c) Heat cannot transfer through infrared rays.
4. What is applied to a lever to make it move?
(d) Gravitational pull.
5. What is one component of a lever?
(a) A straight edge.
(b) A caliper.
(c) A spring.
(d) A screw.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many ways can heat travel?
2. What is the most common form of inclined plane found in machines?
3. What forms a molecule?
4. What is the main idea in Part 2 of the book?
5. Upon what principle does a pulley work?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)