|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Harnassing the Elements, Introduction, Floating, Flying and Pressure Power, pp.91-141.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are different level marks for different types of water on the side of a ship called?
(a) Anchor marks.
(b) Horizon marks.
(c) Flow marks.
(d) Plimsoll lines.
2. Where are wheels and axles found?
(a) Wherever there is rotary motion.
(b) Where a spoke and center come together.
(c) Just on cars and bikes.
(d) On all pulley systems.
3. What is suction referred to in the act of flying?
4. What controls the movement in a gear system?
(a) The size of the belt.
(b) The rotation of the gear.
(c) The inertia needed to be overcome.
(d) The size of the gear.
5. What is the principle that states energy is neither created nor destroyed?
(a) The principle of the conservation of energy.
(b) The principle of energy gain.
(c) The principle of energy loss.
(d) The principle of energy change.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are tanks that take in water to increase the density of the craft?
2. What is the formula for work done?
3. What is the density of salt water compared to fresh water?
4. What does the Mechanics of Movement explore?
5. What does the picture of a mammoth pulling a merry-go-round illustrate?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)