|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Harnassing the Elements, Introduction, Floating, Flying and Pressure Power, pp.91-141.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a zipper operate?
(a) The use of triangular wedges and lower curved wedges.
(b) Just using triangular wedges.
(c) Just lower curved wedges.
(d) It is not a wedge system, but rather a rolling arc system.
2. What is one component of a lever?
(a) A straight edge.
(b) A spring.
(c) A screw.
(d) A caliper.
3. What is an object's weight divided by its volume?
(a) The object's ability to exert force.
(b) An object's elemental number.
(c) An object's density.
(d) The object's constant mass.
4. Upon how many major principles do propellers and rudders work?
5. What imparts movement into the air or water around them on a ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the inclined plane do?
2. What is applied to a lever to make it move?
3. What causes sideways movements of a ship?
4. What urges do molecules possess?
5. How does a ship vary in density?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)