|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Harnassing the Elements, Introduction, Floating, Flying and Pressure Power, pp.91-141.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many forces hold things together?
2. What is the factor which determines an object's ability to float?
3. What are two things a sail can do for a craft?
(a) Give pulpulsion and direction.
(b) Lift and Slow.
(c) Propel and repel.
(d) Propel and stop.
4. What happens when an object is placed in water?
(a) The object sinks.
(b) The water molecules push against the object.
(c) The water is repelled by the electrical force of the object.
(d) The object absorbs the water's atoms.
5. What is a wheel and rod attacked by a hinge?
(a) A spur.
(b) A crank.
(c) A prank.
(d) A worm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is cold water denser than warm water?
2. Upon what principle does a pulley work?
3. What is the principle behind the action of any machine?
4. What urges do molecules possess?
5. What do you have to use in order to accomplish work with half the effort?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)