|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, The Mechanics of Movement.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rack and pinion is an example of ______________.
(a) A lever.
(b) A stifle.
(c) A wedge.
(d) A gear.
2. How many forces hold things together?
3. What happens if the edges of the two wheels touch?
(a) Nothing unless they have cams.
(b) The one will stop the other wheel.
(c) The rotation of one will cause the other to rotate.
(d) The one wheel will wear out faster than the other.
4. What is a fulcrum?
(a) A point at which inertia is overcome.
(b) A formula for determining energy needed to do work.
(c) A pivot point.
(d) A special sort of wedge.
5. What is the principle that states energy is neither created nor destroyed?
(a) The principle of energy gain.
(b) The principle of energy loss.
(c) The principle of the conservation of energy.
(d) The principle of energy change.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a wedge move an object up an inclined plane?
2. What is one example the author uses of a wedge?
3. Upon what principle does a pulley work?
4. How does a zipper operate?
5. What is another type of wedge the author mentions?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)