|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Electricity and Automation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When an object absorbs light rays, how is the energy held in the object?
(a) As kinetic energy.
(b) There is no energy involved.
(c) As heat.
(d) As inertial energy.
2. What turns the crankshaft in an internal combustion engine?
3. What is frequency?
(a) How often one wave moves past a peak of energy.
(b) How often a wave begins moving after encountering a barrier that stops it.
(c) How quickly a wave moves past each peak of energy.
(d) How often a wave is generated.
4. What do the double walls of a thermos enclose?
(a) A vacuum.
5. What is the resistance of an object to any change in its speed or direction?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is convection?
2. What does the picture of a mammoth pulling a merry-go-round illustrate?
3. What colors make up all light?
4. What happens when an object is placed in water?
5. What is essential for running an autopilot program?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)