|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Electricity and Automation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ways can heat travel?
2. What is the principle behind the action of any machine?
(a) The conservation of energy.
(b) The amount of energy it expends.
(c) The amount of energy it saves.
(d) The type of energy it takes to make the machine work.
3. What happens if the edges of the two wheels touch?
(a) Nothing unless they have cams.
(b) The one will stop the other wheel.
(c) The one wheel will wear out faster than the other.
(d) The rotation of one will cause the other to rotate.
4. What turns the crankshaft in an internal combustion engine?
5. In what part of the atom does one find electrons?
(a) The nucleus.
(b) The outer ring.
(c) In both the nucleus and outer rings.
(d) They are not part of an atom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do sound waves do to molecules?
2. What is the effort you put in combined with the distance over which the effort is done?
3. What is the formula for work done?
4. What do machines that keep something cool do to heat?
5. What is a wheel and rod attacked by a hinge?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)