|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Harnassing the Elements, Introduction, Floating, Flying and Pressure Power, pp.91-141.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what does the amount of upthrust of an object in water depend?
(a) On how much water the object displaces.
(b) On whether or not the object is greater than one centimeter in diameter.
(c) On what the water's electrical charge is.
(d) On what the object's salinity is.
2. What are tanks that take in water to increase the density of the craft?
3. What happens if the force of upthrust is equal to the weight of an object in water?
(a) The object projects out of the water.
(b) The object floats.
(c) The object sinks.
(d) The object moves across the surface of the water.
4. How does a zipper operate?
(a) Just lower curved wedges.
(b) The use of triangular wedges and lower curved wedges.
(c) Just using triangular wedges.
(d) It is not a wedge system, but rather a rolling arc system.
5. What is applied to a lever to make it move?
(c) Gravitational pull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main idea in Part 2 of the book?
2. The rack and pinion is an example of ______________.
3. What do you have to use in order to accomplish work with half the effort?
4. What imparts movement into the air or water around them on a ship?
5. What happens if the edges of the two wheels touch?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)