|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Harnassing the Elements, Introduction, Floating, Flying and Pressure Power, pp.91-141.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What additional tasks can a boat with two triangular sails do?
(a) Multiply the suction force by three.
(b) Achieve one additional suction force.
(c) Achieve two additional suction forces.
(d) Divide the suction force.
2. In flying, what is used to overcome weight from gravity?
(a) Lift created by the nose.
(b) Lift created by the tiller.
(c) Lift created by the rudder.
(d) Lift created by the airfoil.
3. Where are wheels and axles found?
(a) Wherever there is rotary motion.
(b) Where a spoke and center come together.
(c) On all pulley systems.
(d) Just on cars and bikes.
4. What is an example of a second-class lever?
(a) A nutcracker.
(b) An engine block system.
(c) A clock.
(d) A crane.
5. What urges do molecules possess?
(a) Only the urge to spread apart.
(b) Only the urge to huddle together.
(c) The urge to huddle together or spread apart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one have to understand in order to understand the way things work?
2. What is the effort you put in combined with the distance over which the effort is done?
3. What is the main idea in Part 2 of the book?
4. What is one component of a lever?
5. What are large fins which adjust their tilt to compensate for waves?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)