|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Harnassing the Elements, Introduction, Floating, Flying and Pressure Power, pp.91-141.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a wedge move an object up an inclined plane?
(a) It forces the object to reduce the effects of gravity.
(b) It lowers the plane so the object slides.
(c) It uses the effect of gravity.
(d) It doesn't ; the wedge moves the plane itself to raise an object.
2. What forms a molecule?
(a) Five or more atoms.
(b) Two or more atoms.
(c) One or more atoms.
(d) Six or less atoms.
3. What is one example the author uses of a wedge?
(a) An escalator.
(b) A block and tackle system.
(c) A ship's ramp.
(d) A type of door stop.
4. What controls the movement in a gear system?
(a) The rotation of the gear.
(b) The size of the gear.
(c) The size of the belt.
(d) The inertia needed to be overcome.
5. What does a driving force initiate?
(c) Electron activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a fulcrum?
2. Under normal circumstances, what force(s) does a molecule possess?
3. What happens when an object is placed in water?
4. What are tanks that take in water to increase the density of the craft?
5. What is the factor which determines an object's ability to float?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)