|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Harnassing the Elements, Introduction, Floating, Flying and Pressure Power, pp.91-141.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon how many major principles do propellers and rudders work?
2. What does the inclined plane do?
(a) Extends the distance to a rise.
(b) Decreases effort.
(c) Decreases gravitational force.
(d) Increases effort.
3. In how many elements did the Greek believe?
4. What is an object's weight divided by its volume?
(a) The object's constant mass.
(b) The object's ability to exert force.
(c) An object's density.
(d) An object's elemental number.
5. What controls direction on a ship?
(a) A screw.
(b) A valve.
(c) A drive.
(d) A rudder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is cold water denser than warm water?
2. What happens when you exert your strength across a longer distance?
3. What do you have to use in order to accomplish work with half the effort?
4. How many types of gears are there?
5. What urges do molecules possess?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)