|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Working with Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens if the force of upthrust is equal to the weight of an object in water?
(a) The object sinks.
(b) The object floats.
(c) The object projects out of the water.
(d) The object moves across the surface of the water.
2. Upon what does the amount of upthrust of an object in water depend?
(a) On whether or not the object is greater than one centimeter in diameter.
(b) On how much water the object displaces.
(c) On what the water's electrical charge is.
(d) On what the object's salinity is.
3. What forms a molecule?
(a) Six or less atoms.
(b) Two or more atoms.
(c) Five or more atoms.
(d) One or more atoms.
4. What pumps refrigerant out in an air conditioner?
(a) A solenoid.
(b) A compressor.
(c) A gear.
5. What does a driving force initiate?
(a) Electron activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the factor which determines an object's ability to float?
2. What is the meaning of the acronym LASER?
3. What causes increased heat in the process of conduction?
4. What controls the movement in a gear system?
5. What is the distance between each peak of energy in a wave?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)