|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Electricity and Automation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two elements combine to make a body scanner?
(a) Sound waves and radio waves.
(b) Magnetic fields and sound waves.
(c) Radio waves and magnetic fields.
(d) Magnetic fields and light waves.
2. What happens when a magnetic field flows from a magnet into metal?
(a) It demagnitizes the metal.
(b) It polarizes the electronic field.
(c) It temporarily makes the metal magnetic.
(d) It bends the electronic field.
3. What happens to the charge of an electron in a static electricity situation?
(a) The charge reverses.
(b) The charge oscillates between positive and neutral.
(c) The charge oscillates between negative and neutral.
(d) The charge becomes neutral.
4. Why do electromagnets use the forces of attraction and repulsion alternately to keep machines running?
(a) Because an electrical current can only stay polarized.
(b) Because electrons inherently move towards neutrality.
(c) Because electrons are always positively charged.
(d) Because electrical current can be reversed or shut off.
5. What pumps refrigerant out in an air conditioner?
(b) A gear.
(c) A compressor.
(d) A solenoid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when an object is placed in water?
2. What is the magnetic field caused by an electric force?
3. What are devices which measure and/or locate a force and/or give feedback?
4. What is the factor which determines an object's ability to float?
5. What is any engine that burns fuel inside the engine?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)