|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Electricity and Automation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If you put a copper wire and a zinc wire into a lemon, what occurs?
(a) A fusing of the zinc to the lemon.
(b) A chemical reaction.
(c) A bonding of the zinc to the copper.
(d) A fusing of the copper to the lemon.
2. What is the type of electricity when electrons travel through a conductor such as metal?
(a) Current electricity.
(b) Wave electricity.
(c) Static electricity.
(d) Direct electricity.
3. What charge do untouched electrons carry?
(c) It varies.
4. What is convection?
(a) When heat causes wind.
(b) When heat increases velocity.
(c) The way a molecule radiates heat.
(d) Heat moving from a liquid or gas molecule to another.
5. Towards which direction do electrons move on a magnet?
(a) The balance point between the north and south poles.
(b) They do not move.
(c) South pole.
(d) North pole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is suction referred to in the act of flying?
2. What is one thing an electrical current can measure?
3. What is the resistance of an object to any change in its speed or direction?
4. What controls direction on a ship?
5. What occurs when molecules begin vibrating in a solid, then speed up their vibration when heated?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)