|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Electricity and Automation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What principle is in use as a propeller pushes the water back and as that same water which has been pushed back rolls forward again and hits the propeller?
(a) The Principle of Push and Thrust.
(b) The Principle of Gravity.
(c) The Principle of Action and Reaction.
(d) The Principle of Force and Inertia.
2. How is electricity created?
(a) From the movement of electrons.
(b) From the movement of protons.
(c) From the movement of quarks.
(d) From the movement of quantums.
3. Towards which direction do electrons move on a magnet?
(a) North pole.
(b) South pole.
(c) They do not move.
(d) The balance point between the north and south poles.
4. What controls direction on a ship?
(a) A valve.
(b) A rudder.
(c) A screw.
(d) A drive.
5. What charge do untouched electrons carry?
(c) It varies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are small propellers mounted in the base of a ship's hull?
2. What emits both infrared and light rays?
3. What is the resistance of an object to any change in its speed or direction?
4. What is one phenomenon a measurement of force measures?
5. What is one thing an electrical current can measure?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)