|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Electricity and Automation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the acronym SONAR stand for?
(a) Sounds Near and Ranging.
(b) Situations in Navigation and Retreiving.
(c) Sound Navigation and Ranging.
(d) Somatic Navigation of Radar.
2. When a magnetic field flows from a magnet into metal what is pulled together?
(a) The metal and magnet.
(b) The metal and the current.
(c) The magnet and the current.
3. What happens if the force of upthrust is equal to the weight of an object in water?
(a) The object projects out of the water.
(b) The object sinks.
(c) The object moves across the surface of the water.
(d) The object floats.
4. What contains one element which is the detonator and another reactive element which acts as the propellant?
5. What is suction referred to in the act of flying?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a core of wire wound around an iron core?
2. What happens when an object is placed in water?
3. If you put a copper wire and a zinc wire into a lemon, what occurs?
4. How does a rocket engine power the craft?
5. What is the transfer of heat through infrared rays?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)