Essay Topic 1
In Part One, The Mechanics of Movement, states that to understand the way things work, one needs to understand the underlying principles. Discuss the following:
1) Discuss the principles/laws of physics that underpin all of the various tools and machines presented in The New Way Things Work.
2) Thoroughly discuss the wedge. How is it used? Upon what principles of physics is it based? What are some common wedges? What is the most complex wedge that is discussed?
3) How often do you think you use a wedge during the course of your everyday life? Do you think it is important to understand the underlying principles of a wedge? Why or why not? Do you think it is interesting to understand upon what basis something such as a zipper was created?
Essay Topic 2
1) Fully explain the principle(s) upon which the lever works.
2) Archimedes is credited with saying...
This section contains 1,795 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)