|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: "The Color of Justice".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state supreme court issued a landmark decision in the case of Ruffin v. Commonwealth?
(a) The Mississippi Supreme Court.
(b) The Virginia Supreme Court.
(c) The Arkansas Supreme Court.
(d) The Louisiana Supreme Court.
2. What was Terrance Bostick found to be carrying on a Greyhound Bus in the case of Florida v. Bostick?
(a) A pound of cocaine.
(b) A pound of quaaludes.
(c) A pound of marijuana.
(d) A pound of heroin.
3. Where did Warren McCleskey commit the crime he was accused of?
4. When was the case of Yick Wo v. Hopkins decided?
5. Whose quote opens the section "The Birth of Slavery" in Chapter 1: "The Rebirth of Caste"?
(a) Malcolm X's.
(b) Lerone Bennett Jr.'s.
(c) Frederick Douglass's.
(d) Martin Luther King Jr.'s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three major racialized systems of control adopted by the United States toward African Americans, according to the author in the Introduction?
2. Who was the judge assigned to Edward Clary's case in the Federal District of Missouri?
3. Where did Nathaniel Bacon live as a property owner?
4. One in how many black men between the ages of 20-35 was behind bars in 2006?
5. What question does the author say the book explores in Chapter 1?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)