|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: "The Color of Justice".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Terrance Bostick traveling on a Greyhound bus when he was arrested?
(a) To Little Rock.
(b) To Atlanta.
(c) To Los Angeles.
(d) To Memphis.
2. What Constitutional Amendment prohibits states from denying citizens due process and "equal protection of the law"?
(a) The 12th Amendment.
(b) The 13th Amendment.
(c) The 14th Amendment.
(d) The 15th Amendment.
3. Who was the executive director of the Sentencing Project when the book was written?
(a) Marc Mauer.
(b) Richard Roth.
(c) Andrew Stabler.
(d) Jason Alexander.
4. What group of people is the focus of The New Jim Crow, according to the author in her Introduction?
(a) African American women.
(b) African American men.
(c) White American men.
(d) Latinos and other immigrants.
5. What question does the author say the book explores in Chapter 1?
(a) "How do we face and address the past?"
(b) "Why are we here?"
(c) "Where do we go next?"
(d) "How did we get here?"
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the author describe the raid at Stratford High School in Goose Creek, South Carolina as having taken place in Chapter 2: "The Lockdown"?
2. The author states in Chapter 3: "The Color of Justice," "Human Rights Watch reported in 2000 that, in seven states, African Americans constitute" what percent "of all drug offenders sent to prison"?
3. In the Introduction, the author attests that how many people in Germany are in prison for every 100,000 adults and children?
4. Who wrote Slavery by Another Name?
5. What word used in the Introduction refers to the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)