|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: "The Color of Justice".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Christopher Lee Armstrong when his motel was raided for drugs?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
2. When was the first year that a black person ever sat on a jury in the United States?
3. Who is the former executive director of the National Center for Institutions and Alternatives that is cited as saying, "There are certain code words that allow you never to have to say 'race' but everybody knows that's what you mean"?
(a) Jerome Miller.
(b) C. Vann Woodward.
(c) Lerone Bennett Jr.
(d) Marc Mauer.
4. When did the American Civil War end by proclamation?
(a) May 9, 1865.
(b) September 16, 1862.
(c) January 1, 1866.
(d) March 1, 1863.
5. What years comprised the Reconstruction Era?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the executive director of the Sentencing Project when the book was written?
2. Who wrote Slavery by Another Name?
3. When was Alberta Spruill killed in a botched SWAT raid in Harlem?
4. The author states in her Introduction, "Conversations about class are resisted in part because there is a tendency to imagine that one's class reflects upon" what?
5. Why is Jarvious Cotton unable to vote, according to the author in the Introduction?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)