|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dr. Mzu had contacted Joshua a year earlier in regard to a possible charter flight, where did Dr. Mzu request to go?
2. Where does Voi first meet Dr. Mzu?
3. As Kiera contemplates moving Valisk into another universe, how many people are currently in Valisk?
4. To whom does Joshua sell Lady Mac's sensor recordings?
5. In order to grow the Valisk population by five million people, for how long would Kiera have to impose permanent pregnancy for every female?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several habitats of crucial importance in the story, among them Rubra and Tranquility. Describe the characteristics and personalities of these bitek habitats, as well as the interactions of these habitats with their inhabitants. How do these habitats all tie together under Edenist principles? How does the affinity link impact a habitat and its inhabitants?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following people in the story: Al Capone, Quinn Dexter, Ralph Hiltch, and Fletcher Christian.
Essay Topic 3
Antimatter is a major component of the Alchemist. Not only is Dr. Mzu after antimatter, but so is Al Capone. Describe antimatter. What is it? How is it produced? What are its effects? How it is obtained? Why is Capone determined to control the supply of antimatter?
This section contains 1,327 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)