Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of the civil and commercial starflight quarantine, who is facing having to lay off staff in all seventeen of his company's foundry stations?
2. According to the admiral in charge of the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service, how many planets are suffering from large scale incursions of possessed?
3. According to Emmet, what does Edenism have a monopoly on supplying?
4. For how long has Dariat been working on his plan to destroy Rubra?
5. According to the report Ralph gives to the Princess, how many people were lifted out from Mortonridge during the primary evacuation operation?
Essay Topic 1
One of the main themes is this novel involves deceptive appearances.
a. Identify three characters that use deceptive appearances to further their interests.
b. Why do these characters rely on deception?
c. What is the outcome for these characters? Were they successful in their endeavors or would they have been more successful if they had not been deceptive?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of loyalty is evident throughout the novel. Al Capone's loyalties, for instance, lie with himself and, to a lesser degree, Jezzibella. Discuss how the theme of loyalty is portrayed through the eyes of Al Capone, Jezzibella, Genevieve Kavanaugh, and Joshua Calvert.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast how the character of Louise Kavanaugh changes as the story progresses. Be sure to include your assessment of Louise's character when she is first introduced in the story, when she flees from her family's estate, when she travels through space with Fletcher, and when she wants to pursue Quinn's ship.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)