|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the report Ralph gives to the Princess, how many people are still stranded in Mortonridge after the primary evacuation operation is concluded?
2. When Ione and Joshua are together in Tranquility, Ione believes Joshua lives for ____________.
3. Where does Voi first meet Dr. Mzu?
4. According to the conversation that takes place at the bungalow in Eden, what is the Buddhist act of giving?
5. At the time of Ralph's meeting with the Princess, how long does Ralph believe it will be until Mortonridge is completely veiled by the expanding red cloud?
Essay Topic 1
The book is entitled, "The Neutronium Alchemist: Consolidation." Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the events that unfold in the story, the people affected by the Alchemist, and the determination of Ralph Hiltch to set things right?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the course of the novel, Joshua Calvert is involved with two quite different women. Compare and contrast the relationship Joshua has with Louise to the relationship Joshua has with Ione. Then, compare and contrast these two women. How do these two relationships influence not only Joshua, but also the other people in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the groups of people trying to gain control of the Alchemist weapon. Compare and contrast these groups in terms of overall number, organization, overall motivation, ability to plan, and success achieved. How are they similar? How are they different?
This section contains 1,318 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)