|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Tantu jumps one light year after failing to comply with the SD Command's request, how many warships are racing towards the Tantu?
2. When Ralph Hiltch meets with Princess Kirsten in person, who is NOT among those present?
3. As Kiera contemplates moving Valisk into another universe, how many people are currently in Valisk?
4. In order to grow the Valisk population by five million people, for how long would Kiera have to impose permanent pregnancy for every female?
5. What does Eden NOT have that other habitats do have?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the Admiral in charge of the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service, who has been taking the worst casualty losses when the possessed attempt to take them over?
2. Why does Kiera Salter consider Dariat to be a dangerous liability?
3. When the Admiral meets with the doctor at the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service's isolation facility, what has been the Confederation's only notable public success?
4. While talking to Genevieve while the Far Realm is waiting to dock on Mars, to what does Louise compare the experience of being possessed?
5. According to what Wing-Tsit tells Syrinx during their eighth meeting, what does Wing-Tsit want Syrinx to do moving forward?
6. When Syrinx emerges from the jumbled trees into a glade with a lake, how is the bungalow she sees different from the other bungalows in Eden?
7. According to the Admiral in charge of the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service, what is the Confederation's main concern as the Confederation tries to deal with the possessed incursions?
8. According to Dariat, how could Dariat conceivably destroy Rubra?
9. When the Far Realm is readying itself to dock on Mars, what has Fletcher Christian finally been able to accomplish with several days of intense practice?
10. What is the multiplicity made up of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many characters introduced in the story who do not survive until the end of the story. Identify at least three people killed as the novel progresses. Compare and contrast each of these deaths, being sure to indicate which character died, how the character died, who was responsible for the character's death, and what impact on the overall plot the character's death had. What could have or should have been learned from each of these deaths by the other characters?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Fletcher Christian and Joshua Calvert. How are the two characters similar? How are they different?
Compare the role that Louise plays in each of their lives. How is each character affected by Louise, both positively and negatively?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of loyalty is evident throughout the novel. Al Capone's loyalties, for instance, lie with himself and, to a lesser degree, Jezzibella. Discuss how the theme of loyalty is portrayed through the eyes of Al Capone, Jezzibella, Genevieve Kavanaugh, and Joshua Calvert.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)