Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of the civil and commercial starflight quarantine, who is facing having to lay off staff in all seventeen of his company's foundry stations?
2. According to the admiral in charge of the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service, how many planets are suffering from large scale incursions of possessed?
3. According to Emmet, what does Edenism have a monopoly on supplying?
4. For how long has Dariat been working on his plan to destroy Rubra?
5. According to the report Ralph gives to the Princess, how many people were lifted out from Mortonridge during the primary evacuation operation?
Essay Topic 1
There is no doubt that Kelly Tirrel is greatly affected by her meeting with Shaun Wallace. Discuss how Kelly's interactions with Shaun affect Kelly's worldview. How do Kelly's experiences affect her mental state, her ability to trust, and her willingness to help Joshua?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the story, there are several situations where a character's life is in danger.
a. Identify at least three instances where one of the characters is in danger. Describe the situation and how the character escapes from danger.
b. Compare and contrast the dangerous situations in which others are attempting to harm your identified characters. What is the motivation in each of these situations to do harm?
Essay Topic 3
In many ways, the novel is a series of contrasts designed to heighten the reader's awareness and draw the reader deeper into the story and the intricacies of each of the story's characters. Identify at least three contrasts that are used in the novel. Describe these contrasts and determine how they impact the story's plot, as well as the reader's emotional involvement in the characters' lives. If these identified contrasts were not included in the story, what impact would their absence have on the storyline, the characters' development, and the readers' involvement?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)