|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Voi first meet Dr. Mzu?
2. As the Kavanaugh girls are waiting to land on Mars, what does Genevieve mention for the first time since they left Norfolk?
3. Whom does Madeline tell Andre that she saw in a bar on the second resistance level?
4. In order to grow the Valisk population by five million people, for how long would Kiera have to impose permanent pregnancy for every female?
5. According to the admiral in charge of the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service, which is the only planetary system to completely succumb to the possessed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the multiplicity made up of?
2. When Syrinx emerges from the jumbled trees into a glade with a lake, how is the bungalow she sees different from the other bungalows in Eden?
3. Why was the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service originally created?
4. According to Jezzibella, what is the difference between a rifle and a machine gun?
5. According to the Admiral in charge of the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service, what is the Confederation's main concern as the Confederation tries to deal with the possessed incursions?
6. What does each bungalow on Eden have?
7. According to Dariat, what is Rubra's main priority?
8. When Genevieve sees the planet that contains the Lowell Sea, how does she describe the planet's difference from Norfolk?
9. Why does Endron suggest that Louise, Genevieve, and Fletcher register at the new destination as refugees?
10. When the Admiral meets with the doctor at the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service's isolation facility, what is Capone doing according to the Edenists that are monitoring the events on New California?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Antimatter is a major component of the Alchemist. Not only is Dr. Mzu after antimatter, but so is Al Capone. Describe antimatter. What is it? How is it produced? What are its effects? How it is obtained? Why is Capone determined to control the supply of antimatter?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following people in the story: Al Capone, Quinn Dexter, Ralph Hiltch, and Fletcher Christian.
Essay Topic 3
Hamilton uses this story to examine the role that truth plays in our daily lives. Examine the author's beliefs through his storytelling. Why would the author choose this story to overlay his demonstration of the consequences realized when the truth is distorted or hidden? What did you learn from the author's discussion on truth? What other avenues, if any, could the author have used to express his beliefs? Would those avenues have been as effective as the story?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)