|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the story shifts from Syrinx to the editing suite showing fifteen holoscreens along one wall, who is the senior news editor in charge?
2. According to the conversation that takes place at the bungalow in Eden, when did the person waiting for Syrinx die?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 9, who is ushered into Capone's hotel suite at gunpoint?
4. To whom does Joshua sell Lady Mac's sensor recordings?
5. What is the person waiting for Syrinx as she approaches the bungalow in the glade on Eden responsible for inventing?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the person waiting for Syrinx at the bungalow in Eden, what is the purpose of life?
2. How does Syrinx answer when the person waiting for her at the bungalow in Eden asks Syrnix about the past?
3. When the Admiral meets with the doctor at the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service's isolation facility, what is Capone doing according to the Edenists that are monitoring the events on New California?
4. What did the report from Darcy and Lori received by Gilmore indicate that Gilmore is currently researching?
5. According to what Wing-Tsit tells Syrinx during their eighth meeting, what has the Oenone never done?
6. According to what Syrinx remembers Aulie telling her, what does separation generate?
7. Why does Kiera Salter consider Dariat to be a dangerous liability?
8. Why does Jezzibella tell Al that he needs to employ non-possessed people?
9. According to Dariat, how could Dariat conceivably destroy Rubra?
10. When Syrinx emerges from the jumbled trees into a glade with a lake, how is the bungalow she sees different from the other bungalows in Eden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Louise Kavanaugh waits for her father to return from Boston, she is pregnant with Joshua Calvert's child. When her father returns from Boston and allows possessed to overtake their estate, Louise and her sister first flee their estate, and then flee Norfolk. Describe the situation that Louise finds herself in, as well as how being pregnant with Joshua's child affects her relationships and her worldview. What does Louise learn from her struggles with the possessed that help her deal with her pregnancy?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of loyalty is evident throughout the novel. Al Capone's loyalties, for instance, lie with himself and, to a lesser degree, Jezzibella. Discuss how the theme of loyalty is portrayed through the eyes of Al Capone, Jezzibella, Genevieve Kavanaugh, and Joshua Calvert.
Essay Topic 3
There are several habitats of crucial importance in the story, among them Rubra and Tranquility. Describe the characteristics and personalities of these bitek habitats, as well as the interactions of these habitats with their inhabitants. How do these habitats all tie together under Edenist principles? How does the affinity link impact a habitat and its inhabitants?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)