|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aboard the Tantu, what is the name of the ship's true captain?
2. According to the conversation that takes place at the bungalow in Eden, what is the Buddhist act of giving?
3. When docking privileges are denied at Ayacucho, who is aboard the Samaku?
4. According to the report Ralph gives to the Princess, how many people are still stranded in Mortonridge after the primary evacuation operation is concluded?
5. When Loren breaks Gerald out of the medical facility, how far ahead of the marines is she?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Antimatter is a major component of the Alchemist. Not only is Dr. Mzu after antimatter, but so is Al Capone. Describe antimatter. What is it? How is it produced? What are its effects? How it is obtained? Why is Capone determined to control the supply of antimatter?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the groups of people trying to gain control of the Alchemist weapon. Compare and contrast these groups in terms of overall number, organization, overall motivation, ability to plan, and success achieved. How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the course of the novel, Joshua Calvert is involved with two quite different women. Compare and contrast the relationship Joshua has with Louise to the relationship Joshua has with Ione. Then, compare and contrast these two women. How do these two relationships influence not only Joshua, but also the other people in the story?
This section contains 1,307 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)