|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests to the captain that the Far Realm fly in pursuit of the ship that left the communications net?
2. When New California falls to Capone's Organization, how long has Edenism been in existence?
3. What is the person waiting for Syrinx as she approaches the bungalow in the glade on Eden responsible for inventing?
4. According to Wing-Tsit, what race has the answers to Syrinx's questions?
5. According to Mickey's report, how many asteroids did the Organization break with their first action?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 9, why does Nicolai want to meet with Capone?
2. Why does Jezzibella tell Al that he needs to employ non-possessed people?
3. What is Al Capone's only requirement for the non-possessed men who will be crewing Capone's new ships?
4. What does each bungalow on Eden have?
5. According to Kiera, what is an indication of Dariat's true instability?
6. When the Admiral meets with the doctor at the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service's isolation facility, what is Capone doing according to the Edenists that are monitoring the events on New California?
7. According to the Admiral in charge of the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service, what is the Confederation's main concern as the Confederation tries to deal with the possessed incursions?
8. When Syrinx emerges from the jumbled trees into a glade with a lake, how is the bungalow she sees different from the other bungalows in Eden?
9. How does Syrinx answer when the person waiting for her at the bungalow in Eden asks Syrnix about the past?
10. According to Jezzibella, what is the difference between a rifle and a machine gun?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the main themes is this novel involves deceptive appearances.
a. Identify three characters that use deceptive appearances to further their interests.
b. Why do these characters rely on deception?
c. What is the outcome for these characters? Were they successful in their endeavors or would they have been more successful if they had not been deceptive?
Essay Topic 2
The book is entitled, "The Neutronium Alchemist: Consolidation." Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the events that unfold in the story, the people affected by the Alchemist, and the determination of Ralph Hiltch to set things right?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the course of the novel, Joshua Calvert is involved with two quite different women. Compare and contrast the relationship Joshua has with Louise to the relationship Joshua has with Ione. Then, compare and contrast these two women. How do these two relationships influence not only Joshua, but also the other people in the story?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)