|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of the civil and commercial starflight quarantine, who is facing having to lay off staff in all seventeen of his company's foundry stations?
2. According to the admiral in charge of the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service, how many planets are suffering from large scale incursions of possessed?
3. According to Emmet, what does Edenism have a monopoly on supplying?
4. For how long has Dariat been working on his plan to destroy Rubra?
5. According to the report Ralph gives to the Princess, how many people were lifted out from Mortonridge during the primary evacuation operation?
Essay Topic 1
The story takes place primarily in several different locations. Compare and contrast each of the following locations in the story - on New California, on Tranquility, and on Eden. Be sure to include how the characters are treated in each of these locations, as well as how they live and interact with each other. Of the three above locations in the story, which location would you most prefer to live in and why?
Essay Topic 2
Al Capone seems to be a man who was supremely confident in his ability to come out on top. Identify at least three instances from the story that highlight his confidence. How was Capone helped by his utter confidence? How was Capone hurt by his confidence?
Essay Topic 3
There are many characters introduced in the story who do not survive until the end of the story. Identify at least three people killed as the novel progresses. Compare and contrast each of these deaths, being sure to indicate which character died, how the character died, who was responsible for the character's death, and what impact on the overall plot the character's death had. What could have or should have been learned from each of these deaths by the other characters?
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)