|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the admiral in charge of the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service enters the biological isolation facility, who is immobilized on a surgical bed?
2. According to Mickey's report, how many asteroids did the Organization break with their first action?
3. As the Tantu jumps one light year after failing to comply with the SD Command's request, how many warships are racing towards the Tantu?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 9, who is ushered into Capone's hotel suite at gunpoint?
5. For how long has Dariat been working on his plan to destroy Rubra?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Dariat, how could Dariat conceivably destroy Rubra?
2. When the Far Realm is readying itself to dock on Mars, what has Fletcher Christian finally been able to accomplish with several days of intense practice?
3. How does Syrinx answer when the person waiting for her at the bungalow in Eden asks Syrnix about the past?
4. According to the Admiral in charge of the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service, what is the Confederation's main concern as the Confederation tries to deal with the possessed incursions?
5. What is the multiplicity made up of?
6. According to what Syrinx remembers Aulie telling her, what does separation generate?
7. When Syrinx emerges from the jumbled trees into a glade with a lake, how is the bungalow she sees different from the other bungalows in Eden?
8. When Genevieve sees the planet that contains the Lowell Sea, how does she describe the planet's difference from Norfolk?
9. According to the person waiting for Syrinx at the bungalow in Eden, what is the purpose of life?
10. Why was the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service originally created?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the story, there are several situations where a character's life is in danger.
a. Identify at least three instances where one of the characters is in danger. Describe the situation and how the character escapes from danger.
b. Compare and contrast the dangerous situations in which others are attempting to harm your identified characters. What is the motivation in each of these situations to do harm?
Essay Topic 2
The book is entitled, "The Neutronium Alchemist: Consolidation." Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the events that unfold in the story, the people affected by the Alchemist, and the determination of Ralph Hiltch to set things right?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several different literary techniques as the story is told in regard to the story's flow. Describe the techniques of both flashbacks and foreshadowing. How are each of these techniques used in the story? Why might the author have chosen to use both of these techniques in the story? Was the story enhanced by the use of these two techniques?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)