|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eden NOT have that other habitats do have?
2. To whom does Joshua sell Lady Mac's sensor recordings?
3. What is the person waiting for Syrinx as she approaches the bungalow in the glade on Eden responsible for inventing?
4. How many Dorados are there?
5. When Syrinx names the owl at the bungalow in Eden, what location rushes towards her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kiera Salter consider Dariat to be a dangerous liability?
2. According to what Wing-Tsit tells Syrinx during their eighth meeting, what does Wing-Tsit want Syrinx to do moving forward?
3. What is the multiplicity made up of?
4. When the Admiral meets with the doctor at the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service's isolation facility, what is Capone doing according to the Edenists that are monitoring the events on New California?
5. As Chapter 11 opens, what is Aulie doing that Syrinx thinks is incredibly boring?
6. When the Admiral meets with the doctor at the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service's isolation facility, what has been the Confederation's only notable public success?
7. When the Far Realm is readying itself to dock on Mars, what has Fletcher Christian finally been able to accomplish with several days of intense practice?
8. When Syrinx emerges from the jumbled trees into a glade with a lake, how is the bungalow she sees different from the other bungalows in Eden?
9. According to the Admiral in charge of the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service, what is the Confederation's main concern as the Confederation tries to deal with the possessed incursions?
10. According to what Syrinx remembers Aulie telling her, what does separation generate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following people in the story: Al Capone, Quinn Dexter, Ralph Hiltch, and Fletcher Christian.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the story, there are several situations where a character's life is in danger.
a. Identify at least three instances where one of the characters is in danger. Describe the situation and how the character escapes from danger.
b. Compare and contrast the dangerous situations in which others are attempting to harm your identified characters. What is the motivation in each of these situations to do harm?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the course of the novel, Joshua Calvert is involved with two quite different women. Compare and contrast the relationship Joshua has with Louise to the relationship Joshua has with Ione. Then, compare and contrast these two women. How do these two relationships influence not only Joshua, but also the other people in the story?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)