|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the conversation that takes place at the bungalow in Eden, what is the Buddhist act of giving?
2. When docking privileges are denied at Ayacucho, who is aboard the Samaku?
3. According to the admiral in charge of the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service, how many planets are suffering from large scale incursions of possessed?
4. When Syrinx awakens from her therapy session, whose face is the first one she sees?
5. Which was the first Dorado to be settled?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the Admiral in charge of the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service, what is the Confederation's main concern as the Confederation tries to deal with the possessed incursions?
2. When the Far Realm is readying itself to dock on Mars, what has Fletcher Christian finally been able to accomplish with several days of intense practice?
3. According to the person waiting for Syrinx at the bungalow in Eden, what is the purpose of life?
4. What does each bungalow on Eden have?
5. When the Admiral meets with the doctor at the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service's isolation facility, what is Capone doing according to the Edenists that are monitoring the events on New California?
6. Why does Jezzibella tell Al that he needs to employ non-possessed people?
7. While talking to Genevieve while the Far Realm is waiting to dock on Mars, to what does Louise compare the experience of being possessed?
8. When Genevieve sees the planet that contains the Lowell Sea, how does she describe the planet's difference from Norfolk?
9. What is the multiplicity made up of?
10. What is Al Capone's only requirement for the non-possessed men who will be crewing Capone's new ships?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Al Capone seems to be a man who was supremely confident in his ability to come out on top. Identify at least three instances from the story that highlight his confidence. How was Capone helped by his utter confidence? How was Capone hurt by his confidence?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses several different literary techniques as the story is told in regard to the story's flow. Describe the techniques of both flashbacks and foreshadowing. How are each of these techniques used in the story? Give specific examples of each technique. Why might Hamilton have chosen to use both of these techniques in the story? Was the story enhanced by the use of these two techniques?
Essay Topic 3
There is no doubt that Kelly Tirrel is greatly affected by her meeting with Shaun Wallace. Discuss how Kelly's interactions with Shaun affect Kelly's worldview. How do Kelly's experiences affect her mental state, her ability to trust, and her willingness to help Joshua?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)