|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aboard the Tantu, who is possessing the body of the ship's captain?
2. At the time of Ralph's meeting with the Princess, what technology does Ralph propose using to liberate Mortonridge?
3. As Syrinx approaches the bungalow in the glade on Eden, how does she feel?
4. Where is Burley Palace located?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 9, who is ushered into Capone's hotel suite at gunpoint?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Endron suggest that Louise, Genevieve, and Fletcher register at the new destination as refugees?
2. Why does Jezzibella tell Al that he needs to employ non-possessed people?
3. While talking to Genevieve while the Far Realm is waiting to dock on Mars, to what does Louise compare the experience of being possessed?
4. What is Al Capone's only requirement for the non-possessed men who will be crewing Capone's new ships?
5. According to Jezzibella, what is the difference between a rifle and a machine gun?
6. What does each bungalow on Eden have?
7. According to Dariat, how could Dariat conceivably destroy Rubra?
8. Why was the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service originally created?
9. According to the Admiral in charge of the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service, who has been taking the worst casualty losses when the possessed attempt to take them over?
10. Why does Kiera Salter consider Dariat to be a dangerous liability?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Fletcher Christian and Joshua Calvert. How are the two characters similar? How are they different?
Compare the role that Louise plays in each of their lives. How is each character affected by Louise, both positively and negatively?
Essay Topic 2
The book is entitled, "The Neutronium Alchemist: Consolidation." Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the events that unfold in the story, the people affected by the Alchemist, and the determination of Ralph Hiltch to set things right?
Essay Topic 3
While Louise Kavanaugh waits for her father to return from Boston, she is pregnant with Joshua Calvert's child. When her father returns from Boston and allows possessed to overtake their estate, Louise and her sister first flee their estate, and then flee Norfolk. Describe the situation that Louise finds herself in, as well as how being pregnant with Joshua's child affects her relationships and her worldview. What does Louise learn from her struggles with the possessed that help her deal with her pregnancy?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)