|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aboard the Tantu, who is possessing the body of the ship's captain?
2. When Syrinx names the owl at the bungalow in Eden, what location rushes towards her?
3. Who is the head of Collin's Tranquility office?
4. When docking privileges are denied at Ayacucho, who is aboard the Samaku?
5. When the reporter in the editing suite starts getting snippy with the senior news editor, the editor threatens to replace the reporter with _________________.
Essay Topic 1
One of the main themes is this novel involves deceptive appearances.
a. Identify three characters that use deceptive appearances to further their interests.
b. Why do these characters rely on deception?
c. What is the outcome for these characters? Were they successful in their endeavors or would they have been more successful if they had not been deceptive?
Essay Topic 2
Hamilton uses this story to examine the role that truth plays in our daily lives. Examine the author's beliefs through his storytelling. Why would the author choose this story to overlay his demonstration of the consequences realized when the truth is distorted or hidden? What did you learn from the author's discussion on truth? What other avenues, if any, could the author have used to express his beliefs? Would those avenues have been as effective as the story?
Essay Topic 3
Antimatter is a major component of the Alchemist. Not only is Dr. Mzu after antimatter, but so is Al Capone. Describe antimatter. What is it? How is it produced? What are its effects? How it is obtained? Why is Capone determined to control the supply of antimatter?
This section contains 1,305 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)