|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the admiral in charge of the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service?
2. Who suggests to the captain that the Far Realm fly in pursuit of the ship that left the communications net?
3. Why does Joshua sell Lady Mac's sensor recordings?
4. When Ralph Hiltch meets with Princess Kirsten in person, who is NOT among those present?
5. When the admiral in charge of the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service enters the biological isolation facility, who is immobilized on a surgical bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the report from Darcy and Lori received by Gilmore indicate that Gilmore is currently researching?
2. While talking to Genevieve while the Far Realm is waiting to dock on Mars, to what does Louise compare the experience of being possessed?
3. What is the multiplicity made up of?
4. According to the person waiting for Syrinx at the bungalow in Eden, what is the purpose of life?
5. When the Admiral meets with the doctor at the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service's isolation facility, what has been the Confederation's only notable public success?
6. According to the person waiting for Syrinx as she approaches the bungalow in the glade on Eden, why is Syrinx at the bungalow?
7. As Chapter 11 opens, what is Aulie doing that Syrinx thinks is incredibly boring?
8. According to Dariat, what is Rubra's main priority?
9. How does Syrinx answer when the person waiting for her at the bungalow in Eden asks Syrnix about the past?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 9, why does Nicolai want to meet with Capone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how the character of Louise Kavanaugh changes as the story progresses. Be sure to include your assessment of Louise's character when she is first introduced in the story, when she flees from her family's estate, when she travels through space with Fletcher, and when she wants to pursue Quinn's ship.
Essay Topic 2
The book is entitled, "The Neutronium Alchemist: Consolidation." Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the events that unfold in the story, the people affected by the Alchemist, and the determination of Ralph Hiltch to set things right?
Essay Topic 3
Antimatter is a major component of the Alchemist. Not only is Dr. Mzu after antimatter, but so is Al Capone. Describe antimatter. What is it? How is it produced? What are its effects? How it is obtained? Why is Capone determined to control the supply of antimatter?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)