|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do Louise and Genevieve call to vouch for their identities when they arrive in the panicked city?
2. How many cars are in Jezzibella's tour convoy as they travel through San Angeles?
3. When the door to their mother's boudoir opens, who is standing in the doorway?
4. Who is the head of Ombey's Strategic Defense network?
5. When Al Capone's group overtakes the mayor's office, how many of the mayor's staff members are corralled into the deputy health director's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the space plane's pilot learns that some of the space plane's passengers will have to remain aboard the space plane, what does the pilot request from Sarha Mitcham?
2. As the story opens, what two things is Louise Kavanaugh waiting for?
3. What is Al Capone's only disappointment as he looks out the window of his hotel suite on Monterey?
4. Why does the person who emerges from the wormhole insist on one more small swallow maneuver?
5. How does the person who emerges from the wormhole respond when asked what she had done to get the Kingdom so angry with her?
6. In Chapter 5, why is the wormhole survivor so relieved to be out of the wormhole?
7. Name the two people responsible for overseeing Capone's law enforcers for the Organization.
8. According to Capone, what is the main difference between Chicago and New California?
9. When the ESA head of station prepares to go down to the Pasto city spaceport, what does the head of station request from the director?
10. According to the stranger who rescues Al Capone off the street, what is the ultimate goal of the group that the stranger is taking Al to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In many ways, the novel is a series of contrasts designed to heighten the reader's awareness and draw the reader deeper into the story and the intricacies of each of the story's characters. Identify at least three contrasts that are used in the novel. Describe these contrasts and determine how they impact the story's plot, as well as the reader's emotional involvement in the characters' lives. If these identified contrasts were not included in the story, what impact would their absence have on the storyline, the characters' development, and the readers' involvement?
Essay Topic 2
Antimatter is a major component of the Alchemist. Not only is Dr. Mzu after antimatter, but so is Al Capone. Describe antimatter. What is it? How is it produced? What are its effects? How it is obtained? Why is Capone determined to control the supply of antimatter?
Essay Topic 3
There is no doubt that Kelly Tirrel is greatly affected by her meeting with Shaun Wallace. Discuss how Kelly's interactions with Shaun affect Kelly's worldview. How do Kelly's experiences affect her mental state, her ability to trust, and her willingness to help Joshua?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)