|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sarha Mitcham, how many people will need to remain aboard the space plane when it docks?
2. What is the name of the town that sits 250 kilometers below the neck of Mortonridge?
3. When two people object to Al Capone's plan for turning more bodies over for possession, what appears in Al's hand?
4. Who is the police commissioner in the city that Al is overtaking?
5. Who is the Earl of Luffenham?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the space plane's pilot learns that some of the space plane's passengers will have to remain aboard the space plane, what does the pilot request from Sarha Mitcham?
2. Describe the cars that Al Capone sees as he strolls along the street in his new body.
3. When the overloaded space plane is trying to leave Lalonde's atmosphere, where is the space plane headed?
4. In Chapter 5, why is the wormhole survivor so relieved to be out of the wormhole?
5. According to Capone, what is the main difference between Chicago and New California?
6. According to Louise's father, why is Quinn staying at the Kavanaugh manor?
7. What does Avram Harwood's staff deal with in running the operations center for Capone's Organization?
8. According to the space plane's pilot, why will the reaction engines need to be replaced when the space plane reaches port?
9. When Jezzibella reaches the airport in San Angeles, why has her flight been rescheduled?
10. As the story opens, what two things is Louise Kavanaugh waiting for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many characters introduced in the story who do not survive until the end of the story. Identify at least three people killed as the novel progresses. Compare and contrast each of these deaths, being sure to indicate which character died, how the character died, who was responsible for the character's death, and what impact on the overall plot the character's death had. What could have or should have been learned from each of these deaths by the other characters?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the groups of people trying to gain control of the Alchemist weapon. Compare and contrast these groups in terms of overall number, organization, overall motivation, ability to plan, and success achieved. How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Antimatter is a major component of the Alchemist. Not only is Dr. Mzu after antimatter, but so is Al Capone. Describe antimatter. What is it? How is it produced? What are its effects? How it is obtained? Why is Capone determined to control the supply of antimatter?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)