|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the girls' rescuer, how long has the rescuer been dead for?
2. As Louise and Genevieve tour the panicked city, where does Louise tell her sister and escort that she wants to travel to?
3. Who is the head of Ombey's Strategic Defense network?
4. When the door to their mother's boudoir opens, what is the noticeable difference in appearance of the figure in the doorway?
5. Who is the first officer to arrive on the scene after Al Capone kills a man with just one punch?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the overloaded space plane is trying to leave Lalonde's atmosphere, where is the space plane headed?
2. According to Al Capone, what has he returned to life as?
3. Name the two people responsible for overseeing Capone's law enforcers for the Organization.
4. What does the ESA head of station learn when he receives a datavised alert from the director of the Ombey's ESA office?
5. As the story opens, what two things is Louise Kavanaugh waiting for?
6. According to Louise's father, why is Quinn staying at the Kavanaugh manor?
7. Why are Louise and her sister creeping around the Cricklade manor like mice while they wait for their father to return?
8. In Chapter 5, how does the person survive passage through the wormhole without being in a ship?
9. What does Avram Harwood's staff deal with in running the operations center for Capone's Organization?
10. In Chapter 5, why is the wormhole survivor so relieved to be out of the wormhole?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Fletcher Christian and Joshua Calvert. How are the two characters similar? How are they different?
Compare the role that Louise plays in each of their lives. How is each character affected by Louise, both positively and negatively?
Essay Topic 2
There is no doubt that Kelly Tirrel is greatly affected by her meeting with Shaun Wallace. Discuss how Kelly's interactions with Shaun affect Kelly's worldview. How do Kelly's experiences affect her mental state, her ability to trust, and her willingness to help Joshua?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the story, there are several situations where a character's life is in danger.
a. Identify at least three instances where one of the characters is in danger. Describe the situation and how the character escapes from danger.
b. Compare and contrast the dangerous situations in which others are attempting to harm your identified characters. What is the motivation in each of these situations to do harm?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)