|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what he tells Louise on the plane, what is Titreano's real name?
2. Where are Carmitha's instincts telling her to go instead of going to Bytham?
3. What is the name of the Kavanaugh's dog?
4. What is the name of the stranger who rescues Al after Al kills a man with just one punch?
5. In whose apartment had Dariat's corpse been found?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the ESA head of station prepares to go down to the Pasto city spaceport, what does the head of station request from the director?
2. Name the two people responsible for overseeing Capone's law enforcers for the Organization.
3. What was so unusual about the airport when Jezzibella's tour convoy arrives to leave San Angeles?
4. What does the ESA head of station learn when he receives a datavised alert from the director of the Ombey's ESA office?
5. What does Avram Harwood's staff deal with in running the operations center for Capone's Organization?
6. According to Louise Kavanaugh's musings, what has destiny apparently chosen Louise to do?
7. According to the stranger who rescues Al Capone off the street, what is the ultimate goal of the group that the stranger is taking Al to?
8. Why can Al Capone not datavise anyone?
9. When the space plane's pilot learns that some of the space plane's passengers will have to remain aboard the space plane, what does the pilot request from Sarha Mitcham?
10. Why does the person who emerges from the wormhole insist on one more small swallow maneuver?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Louise Kavanaugh waits for her father to return from Boston, she is pregnant with Joshua Calvert's child. When her father returns from Boston and allows possessed to overtake their estate, Louise and her sister first flee their estate, and then flee Norfolk. Describe the situation that Louise finds herself in, as well as how being pregnant with Joshua's child affects her relationships and her worldview. What does Louise learn from her struggles with the possessed that help her deal with her pregnancy?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the story, there are several situations where a character's life is in danger.
a. Identify at least three instances where one of the characters is in danger. Describe the situation and how the character escapes from danger.
b. Compare and contrast the dangerous situations in which others are attempting to harm your identified characters. What is the motivation in each of these situations to do harm?
Essay Topic 3
The book is entitled, "The Neutronium Alchemist: Consolidation." Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the events that unfold in the story, the people affected by the Alchemist, and the determination of Ralph Hiltch to set things right?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)