|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Capone is on Monterey, in how many days does Capone believe that the Organization will have absolute control of the planet?
2. What is the name of the town that sits 250 kilometers below the neck of Mortonridge?
3. When the neural expert is trying to question Gerald about the trauma that occurred in Gerald's life, what does Gerald want to do instead of answering the expert's questions?
4. At what altitude is the overloaded space plane when it begins experiencing problems as it ascends through Lalonde's atmosphere?
5. When the door to their mother's boudoir opens, what is the noticeable difference in appearance of the figure in the doorway?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the space plane's pilot, why will the reaction engines need to be replaced when the space plane reaches port?
2. What does the ESA head of station learn when he receives a datavised alert from the director of the Ombey's ESA office?
3. What does the girls' rescuer say that he can hear inside the body he is possessing?
4. In Chapter 5, why is the wormhole survivor so relieved to be out of the wormhole?
5. According to Louise Kavanaugh's musings, what has destiny apparently chosen Louise to do?
6. According to Al Capone, what has he returned to life as?
7. When the space plane's pilot learns that some of the space plane's passengers will have to remain aboard the space plane, what does the pilot request from Sarha Mitcham?
8. In Chapter 5, how does the person survive passage through the wormhole without being in a ship?
9. Why are Louise and her sister creeping around the Cricklade manor like mice while they wait for their father to return?
10. According to the stranger who rescues Al Capone off the street, what is the ultimate goal of the group that the stranger is taking Al to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Antimatter is a major component of the Alchemist. Not only is Dr. Mzu after antimatter, but so is Al Capone. Describe antimatter. What is it? How is it produced? What are its effects? How it is obtained? Why is Capone determined to control the supply of antimatter?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the groups of people trying to gain control of the Alchemist weapon. Compare and contrast these groups in terms of overall number, organization, overall motivation, ability to plan, and success achieved. How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following people in the story: Al Capone, Quinn Dexter, Ralph Hiltch, and Fletcher Christian.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)