|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is Srinagar from Tranquility?
2. As Chapter 5 begins, what emerges from the wormhole?
3. What is the name of the city that the New Californian mayor's office is in?
4. When news breaks that the Yaku had briefly docked at Valisk, how many departure flights are immediately filed?
5. Who is the ESA head of a station awakened by the datavised alert?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jezzibella reaches the airport in San Angeles, why has her flight been rescheduled?
2. Why does Al Capone accuse the stranger who rescues him off the street of being a Communist?
3. Why does Jezzibella's manager select an early morning departure for Jezzibella's tour convoy out of San Angeles?
4. According to Al Capone, what do the people of the future decidedly lack?
5. How does the person who emerges from the wormhole respond when asked what she had done to get the Kingdom so angry with her?
6. What was so unusual about the airport when Jezzibella's tour convoy arrives to leave San Angeles?
7. When the overloaded space plane is trying to leave Lalonde's atmosphere, where is the space plane headed?
8. Why does the person who emerges from the wormhole insist on one more small swallow maneuver?
9. According to the space plane's pilot, why will the reaction engines need to be replaced when the space plane reaches port?
10. As the story opens, what two things is Louise Kavanaugh waiting for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Fletcher Christian and Joshua Calvert. How are the two characters similar? How are they different?
Compare the role that Louise plays in each of their lives. How is each character affected by Louise, both positively and negatively?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the groups of people trying to gain control of the Alchemist weapon. Compare and contrast these groups in terms of overall number, organization, overall motivation, ability to plan, and success achieved. How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following people in the story: Al Capone, Quinn Dexter, Ralph Hiltch, and Fletcher Christian.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)