|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After emerging from the caravan, to whom does Carmitha give an item she is holding?
2. Who is at the controls of the overloaded space plane that has problems as it ascends through Lalonde's atmosphere?
3. What is the name of Louise Kavanaugh's sister?
4. How long is the Blackhawk that emerges from the wormhole in Chapter 5?
5. Who is the fusion specialist aboard the ship that emerges from the wormhole in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Al and Jezzibella walk into the operations center on Monterey, what is showing on the wall mounted holographic screens?
2. According to Capone, what is the main difference between Chicago and New California?
3. Why does Al Capone accuse the stranger who rescues him off the street of being a Communist?
4. Describe how Al Capone is supposed to call for a cab in his new city.
5. According to the space plane's pilot, why will the reaction engines need to be replaced when the space plane reaches port?
6. According to Louise Kavanaugh's musings, what has destiny apparently chosen Louise to do?
7. According to the neural expert's promise, what will always be there for Gerald Skibbow?
8. What does the girls' rescuer say that he can hear inside the body he is possessing?
9. What was so unusual about the airport when Jezzibella's tour convoy arrives to leave San Angeles?
10. When the space plane's pilot learns that some of the space plane's passengers will have to remain aboard the space plane, what does the pilot request from Sarha Mitcham?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is no doubt that Kelly Tirrel is greatly affected by her meeting with Shaun Wallace. Discuss how Kelly's interactions with Shaun affect Kelly's worldview. How do Kelly's experiences affect her mental state, her ability to trust, and her willingness to help Joshua?
Essay Topic 2
One of the main themes is this novel involves deceptive appearances.
a. Identify three characters that use deceptive appearances to further their interests.
b. Why do these characters rely on deception?
c. What is the outcome for these characters? Were they successful in their endeavors or would they have been more successful if they had not been deceptive?
Essay Topic 3
The book is entitled, "The Neutronium Alchemist: Consolidation." Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the events that unfold in the story, the people affected by the Alchemist, and the determination of Ralph Hiltch to set things right?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)