|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do Louise and Genevieve call to vouch for their identities when they arrive in the panicked city?
2. The stranger, who rescues Al, is frightened of __________.
3. How long is the Blackhawk that emerges from the wormhole in Chapter 5?
4. Where is Al Capone when he is reincarnated?
5. In order to let the others escape at the aerodome, which of the group members rides into the woods to create a diversion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Avram Harwood's staff deal with in running the operations center for Capone's Organization?
2. In Chapter 5, how does the person survive passage through the wormhole without being in a ship?
3. Describe the cars that Al Capone sees as he strolls along the street in his new body.
4. According to the stranger who rescues Al Capone off the street, what is the ultimate goal of the group that the stranger is taking Al to?
5. In Chapter 5, why is the wormhole survivor so relieved to be out of the wormhole?
6. Name the two people responsible for overseeing Capone's law enforcers for the Organization.
7. According to Al Capone, what do the people of the future decidedly lack?
8. When the ESA head of station prepares to go down to the Pasto city spaceport, what does the head of station request from the director?
9. Why does the person who emerges from the wormhole insist on one more small swallow maneuver?
10. What does the ESA head of station learn when he receives a datavised alert from the director of the Ombey's ESA office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Al Capone seems to be a man who was supremely confident in his ability to come out on top. Identify at least three instances from the story that highlight his confidence. How was Capone helped by his utter confidence? How was Capone hurt by his confidence?
Essay Topic 2
One of the main themes is this novel involves deceptive appearances.
a. Identify three characters that use deceptive appearances to further their interests.
b. Why do these characters rely on deception?
c. What is the outcome for these characters? Were they successful in their endeavors or would they have been more successful if they had not been deceptive?
Essay Topic 3
Hamilton uses this story to examine the role that truth plays in our daily lives. Examine the author's beliefs through his storytelling. Why would the author choose this story to overlay his demonstration of the consequences realized when the truth is distorted or hidden? What did you learn from the author's discussion on truth? What other avenues, if any, could the author have used to express his beliefs? Would those avenues have been as effective as the story?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)