|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at the controls of the overloaded space plane that has problems as it ascends through Lalonde's atmosphere?
2. Whom do Louise and Genevieve call to vouch for their identities when they arrive in the panicked city?
3. Who is the first officer to arrive on the scene after Al Capone kills a man with just one punch?
4. When Al Capone's group overtakes the mayor's office, how many of the mayor's staff members are corralled into the deputy health director's office?
5. Who is the person that emerges from the wormhole in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. While talking to Genevieve while the Far Realm is waiting to dock on Mars, to what does Louise compare the experience of being possessed?
2. What was so unusual about the airport when Jezzibella's tour convoy arrives to leave San Angeles?
3. According to Louise's father, why is Quinn staying at the Kavanaugh manor?
4. According to what Syrinx remembers Aulie telling her, what does separation generate?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 9, why does Nicolai want to meet with Capone?
6. Why was the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service originally created?
7. According to the stranger who rescues Al Capone off the street, what is the ultimate goal of the group that the stranger is taking Al to?
8. According to the neural expert's promise, what will always be there for Gerald Skibbow?
9. Why does Jezzibella's manager select an early morning departure for Jezzibella's tour convoy out of San Angeles?
10. What is the multiplicity made up of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the course of the novel, Joshua Calvert is involved with two quite different women. Compare and contrast the relationship Joshua has with Louise to the relationship Joshua has with Ione. Then, compare and contrast these two women. How do these two relationships influence not only Joshua, but also the other people in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Al Capone seems to be a man who was supremely confident in his ability to come out on top. Identify at least three instances from the story that highlight his confidence. How was Capone helped by his utter confidence? How was Capone hurt by his confidence?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following people in the story: Al Capone, Quinn Dexter, Ralph Hiltch, and Fletcher Christian.
This section contains 1,709 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)