|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Emmet, how many of New California's navy ships are unaccounted for which could cause the Organization grief?
2. Who is the person assigned to airport duty who informs Jezzibella that her flight has been rescheduled?
3. What is the name of Louise Kavanaugh's mother?
4. When the door to their mother's boudoir opens, who is standing in the doorway?
5. After fleeing from the manor, to whose house do the Kavanaugh girls flee?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Capone, what is the main difference between Chicago and New California?
2. What did the report from Darcy and Lori received by Gilmore indicate that Gilmore is currently researching?
3. While talking to Genevieve while the Far Realm is waiting to dock on Mars, to what does Louise compare the experience of being possessed?
4. According to Louise Kavanaugh's musings, what has destiny apparently chosen Louise to do?
5. How does the person who emerges from the wormhole respond when asked what she had done to get the Kingdom so angry with her?
6. According to the person waiting for Syrinx as she approaches the bungalow in the glade on Eden, why is Syrinx at the bungalow?
7. In Chapter 5, how does the person survive passage through the wormhole without being in a ship?
8. When Al and Jezzibella walk into the operations center on Monterey, what is showing on the wall mounted holographic screens?
9. Why does Al Capone accuse the stranger who rescues him off the street of being a Communist?
10. According to Al Capone, what has he returned to life as?
Essay Topic 1
While Louise Kavanaugh waits for her father to return from Boston, she is pregnant with Joshua Calvert's child. When her father returns from Boston and allows possessed to overtake their estate, Louise and her sister first flee their estate, and then flee Norfolk. Describe the situation that Louise finds herself in, as well as how being pregnant with Joshua's child affects her relationships and her worldview. What does Louise learn from her struggles with the possessed that help her deal with her pregnancy?
Essay Topic 2
In many ways, the novel is a series of contrasts designed to heighten the reader's awareness and draw the reader deeper into the story and the intricacies of each of the story's characters. Identify at least three contrasts that are used in the novel. Describe these contrasts and determine how they impact the story's plot, as well as the reader's emotional involvement in the characters' lives. If these identified contrasts were not included in the story, what impact would their absence have on the storyline, the characters' development, and the readers' involvement?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Fletcher Christian and Joshua Calvert. How are the two characters similar? How are they different?
Compare the role that Louise plays in each of their lives. How is each character affected by Louise, both positively and negatively?
This section contains 1,706 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)