|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the girls go to the stables, do they hear screams coming from the manor?
2. What is the name of the Kavanaugh's dog?
3. The stranger, who rescues Al, is originally from ____________.
4. What are Louise and her sister doing when her father is returning to their manor?
5. According to Laton's message presented to the Edenist General Consensus, who does Laton believe started the entire episode on Pernick Island?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the cars that Al Capone sees as he strolls along the street in his new body.
2. How does the person who emerges from the wormhole respond when asked what she had done to get the Kingdom so angry with her?
3. According to the person waiting for Syrinx at the bungalow in Eden, what is the purpose of life?
4. According to the space plane's pilot, why will the reaction engines need to be replaced when the space plane reaches port?
5. When Al and Jezzibella walk into the operations center on Monterey, what is showing on the wall mounted holographic screens?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 9, why does Nicolai want to meet with Capone?
7. According to Louise Kavanaugh's musings, what has destiny apparently chosen Louise to do?
8. What does the girls' rescuer say that he can hear inside the body he is possessing?
9. Why can Al Capone not datavise anyone?
10. According to Kiera, what is an indication of Dariat's true instability?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses several different literary techniques as the story is told in regard to the story's flow. Describe the techniques of both flashbacks and foreshadowing. How are each of these techniques used in the story? Why might the author have chosen to use both of these techniques in the story? Was the story enhanced by the use of these two techniques?
Essay Topic 2
There are many characters introduced in the story who do not survive until the end of the story. Identify at least three people killed as the novel progresses. Compare and contrast each of these deaths, being sure to indicate which character died, how the character died, who was responsible for the character's death, and what impact on the overall plot the character's death had. What could have or should have been learned from each of these deaths by the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the course of the novel, Joshua Calvert is involved with two quite different women. Compare and contrast the relationship Joshua has with Louise to the relationship Joshua has with Ione. Then, compare and contrast these two women. How do these two relationships influence not only Joshua, but also the other people in the story?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)