Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Emmet, how many of New California's navy ships are unaccounted for which could cause the Organization grief?
2. Who is the person assigned to airport duty who informs Jezzibella that her flight has been rescheduled?
3. What is the name of Louise Kavanaugh's mother?
4. When the door to their mother's boudoir opens, who is standing in the doorway?
5. After fleeing from the manor, to whose house do the Kavanaugh girls flee?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Capone, what is the main difference between Chicago and New California?
2. What did the report from Darcy and Lori received by Gilmore indicate that Gilmore is currently researching?
3. While talking to Genevieve while the Far Realm is waiting to dock on Mars, to what does Louise compare the experience of being possessed?
4. According to Louise Kavanaugh's musings, what has destiny apparently chosen Louise to do?
5. How does the person who emerges from the wormhole respond when asked what she had done to get the Kingdom so angry with her?
6. According to the person waiting for Syrinx as she approaches the bungalow in the glade on Eden, why is Syrinx at the bungalow?
7. In Chapter 5, how does the person survive passage through the wormhole without being in a ship?
8. When Al and Jezzibella walk into the operations center on Monterey, what is showing on the wall mounted holographic screens?
9. Why does Al Capone accuse the stranger who rescues him off the street of being a Communist?
10. According to Al Capone, what has he returned to life as?
Essay Topic 1
The book is entitled, "The Neutronium Alchemist: Consolidation." Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the events that unfold in the story, the people affected by the Alchemist, and the determination of Ralph Hiltch to set things right?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of loyalty is evident throughout the novel. Al Capone's loyalties, for instance, lie with himself and, to a lesser degree, Jezzibella. Discuss how the theme of loyalty is portrayed through the eyes of Al Capone, Jezzibella, Genevieve Kavanaugh, and Joshua Calvert.
Essay Topic 3
There are many characters introduced in the story who do not survive until the end of the story. Identify at least three people killed as the novel progresses. Compare and contrast each of these deaths, being sure to indicate which character died, how the character died, who was responsible for the character's death, and what impact on the overall plot the character's death had. What could have or should have been learned from each of these deaths by the other characters?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)