|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body does Al Capone possess?
2. How long is the Blackhawk that emerges from the wormhole in Chapter 5?
3. When Jezzibella meets Al Capone, how many albums has her last recording sold?
4. As Chapter 5 begins, what emerges from the wormhole?
5. What is the name of the Romany women the Kavanaugh girls meet outside the farmhouse on their way into town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the girls' rescuer say that he can hear inside the body he is possessing?
2. In Chapter 5, how does the person survive passage through the wormhole without being in a ship?
3. Describe the cars that Al Capone sees as he strolls along the street in his new body.
4. When the ESA head of station prepares to go down to the Pasto city spaceport, what does the head of station request from the director?
5. When the overloaded space plane is trying to leave Lalonde's atmosphere, where is the space plane headed?
6. When Jezzibella reaches the airport in San Angeles, why has her flight been rescheduled?
7. Name the two people responsible for overseeing Capone's law enforcers for the Organization.
8. Why can Al Capone not datavise anyone?
9. What is Kesteven?
10. Why does the person who emerges from the wormhole insist on one more small swallow maneuver?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the main themes is this novel involves deceptive appearances.
a. Identify three characters that use deceptive appearances to further their interests.
b. Why do these characters rely on deception?
c. What is the outcome for these characters? Were they successful in their endeavors or would they have been more successful if they had not been deceptive?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast how the character of Louise Kavanaugh changes as the story progresses. Be sure to include your assessment of Louise's character when she is first introduced in the story, when she flees from her family's estate, when she travels through space with Fletcher, and when she wants to pursue Quinn's ship.
Essay Topic 3
There are many characters introduced in the story who do not survive until the end of the story. Identify at least three people killed as the novel progresses. Compare and contrast each of these deaths, being sure to indicate which character died, how the character died, who was responsible for the character's death, and what impact on the overall plot the character's death had. What could have or should have been learned from each of these deaths by the other characters?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)