Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Emmet, how many of New California's navy ships are unaccounted for which could cause the Organization grief?
2. Who is the person assigned to airport duty who informs Jezzibella that her flight has been rescheduled?
3. What is the name of Louise Kavanaugh's mother?
4. When the door to their mother's boudoir opens, who is standing in the doorway?
5. After fleeing from the manor, to whose house do the Kavanaugh girls flee?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Capone, what is the main difference between Chicago and New California?
2. What did the report from Darcy and Lori received by Gilmore indicate that Gilmore is currently researching?
3. While talking to Genevieve while the Far Realm is waiting to dock on Mars, to what does Louise compare the experience of being possessed?
4. According to Louise Kavanaugh's musings, what has destiny apparently chosen Louise to do?
5. How does the person who emerges from the wormhole respond when asked what she had done to get the Kingdom so angry with her?
6. According to the person waiting for Syrinx as she approaches the bungalow in the glade on Eden, why is Syrinx at the bungalow?
7. In Chapter 5, how does the person survive passage through the wormhole without being in a ship?
8. When Al and Jezzibella walk into the operations center on Monterey, what is showing on the wall mounted holographic screens?
9. Why does Al Capone accuse the stranger who rescues him off the street of being a Communist?
10. According to Al Capone, what has he returned to life as?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the story, there are several situations where a character's life is in danger.
a. Identify at least three instances where one of the characters is in danger. Describe the situation and how the character escapes from danger.
b. Compare and contrast the dangerous situations in which others are attempting to harm your identified characters. What is the motivation in each of these situations to do harm?
Essay Topic 2
There are several habitats of crucial importance in the story, among them Rubra and Tranquility. Describe the characteristics and personalities of these bitek habitats, as well as the interactions of these habitats with their inhabitants. How do these habitats all tie together under Edenist principles? How does the affinity link impact a habitat and its inhabitants?
Essay Topic 3
The story takes place primarily in several different locations. Compare and contrast each of the following locations in the story - on New California, on Tranquility, and on Eden. Be sure to include how the characters are treated in each of these locations, as well as how they live and interact with each other. Of the three above locations in the story, which location would you most prefer to live in and why?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)