|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of New California's navy ships are on permanent assignment to the Confederation Navy fleets?
2. How far is Srinagar from Tranquility?
3. Who is Roberto?
4. Who is the fusion specialist aboard the ship that emerges from the wormhole in Chapter 5?
5. Which planet is the economic heart of Edenism?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Kiera, what is an indication of Dariat's true instability?
2. What did the report from Darcy and Lori received by Gilmore indicate that Gilmore is currently researching?
3. Why does Al Capone accuse the stranger who rescues him off the street of being a Communist?
4. When Al and Jezzibella walk into the operations center on Monterey, what is showing on the wall mounted holographic screens?
5. Why does Jezzibella's manager select an early morning departure for Jezzibella's tour convoy out of San Angeles?
6. As the story opens, what two things is Louise Kavanaugh waiting for?
7. According to the Admiral in charge of the Confederation Navy Intelligence Service, what is the Confederation's main concern as the Confederation tries to deal with the possessed incursions?
8. Why does Jezzibella tell Al that he needs to employ non-possessed people?
9. Describe the cars that Al Capone sees as he strolls along the street in his new body.
10. What does the ESA head of station learn when he receives a datavised alert from the director of the Ombey's ESA office?
Essay Topic 1
There is no doubt that Kelly Tirrel is greatly affected by her meeting with Shaun Wallace. Discuss how Kelly's interactions with Shaun affect Kelly's worldview. How do Kelly's experiences affect her mental state, her ability to trust, and her willingness to help Joshua?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the story, there are several situations where a character's life is in danger.
a. Identify at least three instances where one of the characters is in danger. Describe the situation and how the character escapes from danger.
b. Compare and contrast the dangerous situations in which others are attempting to harm your identified characters. What is the motivation in each of these situations to do harm?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the course of the novel, Joshua Calvert is involved with two quite different women. Compare and contrast the relationship Joshua has with Louise to the relationship Joshua has with Ione. Then, compare and contrast these two women. How do these two relationships influence not only Joshua, but also the other people in the story?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)