|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Laton's message presented to the Edenist General Consensus, who does Laton believe started the entire episode on Pernick Island?
2. What is the name of Louise Kavanaugh's sister?
3. After Jezzibella causes a scene at the San Angeles airport, a group of armed men approach her. How many armed men are walking towards Jezzibella?
4. After emerging from the caravan, to whom does Carmitha give an item she is holding?
5. What is in the backpack of the person who emerges from the wormhole?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was so unusual about the airport when Jezzibella's tour convoy arrives to leave San Angeles?
2. When Jezzibella reaches the airport in San Angeles, why has her flight been rescheduled?
3. Why are Louise and her sister creeping around the Cricklade manor like mice while they wait for their father to return?
4. According to the stranger who rescues Al Capone off the street, what is the ultimate goal of the group that the stranger is taking Al to?
5. According to the neural expert's promise, what will always be there for Gerald Skibbow?
6. Describe how Al Capone is supposed to call for a cab in his new city.
7. When the ESA head of station prepares to go down to the Pasto city spaceport, what does the head of station request from the director?
8. In Chapter 5, how does the person survive passage through the wormhole without being in a ship?
9. What is Kesteven?
10. What does the ESA head of station learn when he receives a datavised alert from the director of the Ombey's ESA office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Fletcher Christian and Joshua Calvert. How are the two characters similar? How are they different?
Compare the role that Louise plays in each of their lives. How is each character affected by Louise, both positively and negatively?
Essay Topic 2
The book is entitled, "The Neutronium Alchemist: Consolidation." Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the events that unfold in the story, the people affected by the Alchemist, and the determination of Ralph Hiltch to set things right?
Essay Topic 3
Al Capone seems to be a man who was supremely confident in his ability to come out on top. Identify at least three instances from the story that highlight his confidence. How was Capone helped by his utter confidence? How was Capone hurt by his confidence?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)