|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the head of Ombey's Strategic Defense network?
2. According to what he tells Louise on the plane, what is Titreano's real name?
3. When Jezzibella meets Al Capone, how many albums has her last recording sold?
4. What is the name of Louise Kavanaugh's mother?
5. Who is the Earl of Luffenham?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Louise and her sister creeping around the Cricklade manor like mice while they wait for their father to return?
2. According to Al Capone, what has he returned to life as?
3. What does Avram Harwood's staff deal with in running the operations center for Capone's Organization?
4. When the space plane's pilot learns that some of the space plane's passengers will have to remain aboard the space plane, what does the pilot request from Sarha Mitcham?
5. According to Capone, what is the main difference between Chicago and New California?
6. When Jezzibella reaches the airport in San Angeles, why has her flight been rescheduled?
7. What was so unusual about the airport when Jezzibella's tour convoy arrives to leave San Angeles?
8. Why does Jezzibella's manager select an early morning departure for Jezzibella's tour convoy out of San Angeles?
9. When the overloaded space plane is trying to leave Lalonde's atmosphere, where is the space plane headed?
10. As the story opens, what two things is Louise Kavanaugh waiting for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many characters introduced in the story who do not survive until the end of the story. Identify at least three people killed as the novel progresses. Compare and contrast each of these deaths, being sure to indicate which character died, how the character died, who was responsible for the character's death, and what impact on the overall plot the character's death had. What could have or should have been learned from each of these deaths by the other characters?
Essay Topic 2
Antimatter is a major component of the Alchemist. Not only is Dr. Mzu after antimatter, but so is Al Capone. Describe antimatter. What is it? How is it produced? What are its effects? How it is obtained? Why is Capone determined to control the supply of antimatter?
Essay Topic 3
There are several habitats of crucial importance in the story, among them Rubra and Tranquility. Describe the characteristics and personalities of these bitek habitats, as well as the interactions of these habitats with their inhabitants. How do these habitats all tie together under Edenist principles? How does the affinity link impact a habitat and its inhabitants?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)