|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the girls' rescuer, how long has the rescuer been dead for?
2. What injured passenger is being transported on Oenone?
3. According to what he tells Louise on the plane, what is Titreano's real name?
4. Whom do Louise and Genevieve call to vouch for their identities when they arrive in the panicked city?
5. What is the name of the neural expert overseeing Gerald's care?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the ESA head of station prepares to go down to the Pasto city spaceport, what does the head of station request from the director?
2. Why does Jezzibella's manager select an early morning departure for Jezzibella's tour convoy out of San Angeles?
3. What is Kesteven?
4. When Al and Jezzibella walk into the operations center on Monterey, what is showing on the wall mounted holographic screens?
5. In Chapter 5, why is the wormhole survivor so relieved to be out of the wormhole?
6. What does the ESA head of station learn when he receives a datavised alert from the director of the Ombey's ESA office?
7. According to Al Capone, what do the people of the future decidedly lack?
8. In Chapter 5, how does the person survive passage through the wormhole without being in a ship?
9. When Jezzibella reaches the airport in San Angeles, why has her flight been rescheduled?
10. When Jezzibella offers to go along with Al, Al tells her she can accompany him if she does what she is told. How does Jezzibella respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Antimatter is a major component of the Alchemist. Not only is Dr. Mzu after antimatter, but so is Al Capone. Describe antimatter. What is it? How is it produced? What are its effects? How it is obtained? Why is Capone determined to control the supply of antimatter?
Essay Topic 2
There are many characters introduced in the story who do not survive until the end of the story. Identify at least three people killed as the novel progresses. Compare and contrast each of these deaths, being sure to indicate which character died, how the character died, who was responsible for the character's death, and what impact on the overall plot the character's death had. What could have or should have been learned from each of these deaths by the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
In many ways, the novel is a series of contrasts designed to heighten the reader's awareness and draw the reader deeper into the story and the intricacies of each of the story's characters. Identify at least three contrasts that are used in the novel. Describe these contrasts and determine how they impact the story's plot, as well as the reader's emotional involvement in the characters' lives. If these identified contrasts were not included in the story, what impact would their absence have on the storyline, the characters' development, and the readers' involvement?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)