|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first officer to arrive on the scene after Al Capone kills a man with just one punch?
2. When Al Capone's group overtakes the mayor's office, how many of the mayor's staff members are corralled into the deputy health director's office?
3. What injured passenger is being transported on Oenone?
4. Who is the fusion specialist aboard the ship that emerges from the wormhole in Chapter 5?
5. Who tries to rescue the girls as they are standing outside their mother's boudoir?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the cars that Al Capone sees as he strolls along the street in his new body.
2. According to the neural expert's promise, what will always be there for Gerald Skibbow?
3. When Jezzibella offers to go along with Al, Al tells her she can accompany him if she does what she is told. How does Jezzibella respond?
4. As the story opens, what two things is Louise Kavanaugh waiting for?
5. What is Kesteven?
6. When the overloaded space plane is trying to leave Lalonde's atmosphere, where is the space plane headed?
7. According to the space plane's pilot, why will the reaction engines need to be replaced when the space plane reaches port?
8. According to Louise Kavanaugh's musings, what has destiny apparently chosen Louise to do?
9. Why does the person who emerges from the wormhole insist on one more small swallow maneuver?
10. Name the two people responsible for overseeing Capone's law enforcers for the Organization.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Al Capone seems to be a man who was supremely confident in his ability to come out on top. Identify at least three instances from the story that highlight his confidence. How was Capone helped by his utter confidence? How was Capone hurt by his confidence?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Fletcher Christian and Joshua Calvert. How are the two characters similar? How are they different?
Compare the role that Louise plays in each of their lives. How is each character affected by Louise, both positively and negatively?
Essay Topic 3
While Louise Kavanaugh waits for her father to return from Boston, she is pregnant with Joshua Calvert's child. When her father returns from Boston and allows possessed to overtake their estate, Louise and her sister first flee their estate, and then flee Norfolk. Describe the situation that Louise finds herself in, as well as how being pregnant with Joshua's child affects her relationships and her worldview. What does Louise learn from her struggles with the possessed that help her deal with her pregnancy?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)